July 28, 2014 | 1818 users online

Cleansers - Jurlique - Soothing Foaming Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2014 10:02:00 PM More reviews by hydra101

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Do not like this at all! Was very disappointed after explaining I needed something for dry skin, rosacea and sensitivity. It was patchy, hard to remove, left my skin feeling sticky and dry afterwards and was impossible at removing makeup. Will be returning this as soon as possible.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by Susie0205

It has a strong scent of lavender, i don't think it is natural smell, similar to physicians formula organic tinted moisturiser which is not organic at all. It is gentle, not drying which is ok for me, but I don't know why, I just don't like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Bridget55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My HG facial cleanser. Been using it for three years which is a miracle for me. My husband, who normally hates anything scented, loves this way my skin feels and smells after washing with it. It's a milky foam that gently cleans my skin. It's a bit over-priced, but so far I've managed to buy it in bulk when it's on sale somewhere and a single bottle lasts me three months. Leaves my skin soft, hydrated and acne-free. Will continue to buy it as long as Jurlique keeps producing it.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by greengrapefruit

Being a big fan of Jurlique, I bought this cleanser to use during the dry and cold winter months. My skin is very delicate and I am acne prone so I wanted something that cleansed well without being too drying.
I like the creaminess, it does have a little foam. I like wetting my hands but not my face and apply the wash that way. Because it is oil based, it cleans better when your face is dry. It washes off okay but it is not going to take off ALL makeup if you wear foundation and power and heavy mascara etc. When I use too much of this cleanser I do feel a little dry after.
I am giving it a 3 right now because I am not too sure about this even after using it for 2 months. My hormones are whacky after stopping BCP so I have had some bad breakouts. I do not think they are related to this but to be sure I switched my cleansers for a bit.
Right now, I alternate between this, the Jurlique Balancing Cleanser and the Acne.org. The latter two are cleansers I've used during times with no breakouts so I feel more sure about them.
I will try to use this one more exclusively and update.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2012 12:45:00 AM More reviews by TarinM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is just okay, does take my make-up off but I wear quite light make up so I can understand why people say it doesn't, it's quite a light, milky consistency. It doesn't break me out or dry out my skin but it does nothing amazing to it either. Could be a good option for sensitive skin like mine, but I did have a scratch on my nose and it stung a little when it got on there so I thought that was a little strange. I was previously using Kosmea's purifying cleanser but felt like a change and am a sucker for their pretty packaging, but I think I'll go back to that after.

EDIT: I take that back, it is quite amazing! I think I didn't use this for long enough, only a couple of days before I wrote the review, and looking back my skin was quite sun and salt water affected from a recent holiday. I stuck with this for another few days and I started to notice when I brushed my hand past my face it felt so soft, like silk, and that's when I realised it was this cleanser! My skin had never felt like that before! And after the previous sun and salt water damage it was amazing that it had fixed it up so quickly. I also didn't seem to be getting any breakouts so I would recommend this to anyone, though again if you wear heavy make up you might not find this effective at removing it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2011 12:25:00 AM More reviews by serenityc22

My skin is pretty dry and I find it hard to find a cleanser that doesn't make my skin feel tight after the shower. This cleanser doesn't feel like it would do any good, but it does everything I need.
-Smells great
-Feels nice on the skin
-Removes all traces of make up even mascara
-Doesn't dry my skin out
I have used many cleansers ranging from drug store cetaphil to high end such as clinique, biotherm and clarins. This is the definitely the best I have used - try a sample first the jurlique counter usually gives them out.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2010 4:30:00 PM More reviews by saraevamaya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall, I like this product. It lasts a super long time, feels lovely on my face, and doesn't cause breakouts or irritation. The reason why I don't totally love it is that it's a tad too drying, in my opinion, to truly be soothing. I get the sense that the foaming action strips oil from the skin just a little too much. That said, given that I am both sensitive and oily this tends to work very well for me on most days, as it strikes the balance of cleansing without irritation. My opinion simply holds that for something it can't also have a stripping quality. It may prove a gem for some, not worth it.

Edit a while later - I'm not sure if it's because Jurlique changed their formula or what, but I don't care for this (or most of their products) at all anymore. This one caused such bad irritation that despite application of various soothing serums that usually work wonders, my face was still red and inflamed a day after using it! It seems that this company has added new preservatives and tweaked formulations to some of their products, so maybe that's the culprit? Either way, definitely steer clear of this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2010 3:15:00 AM More reviews by sthom87

I'm a dedicated Jurlique fan and was recommended this cleanser after the sample of the balancing foaming cleanser stung my skin. I have combo skin that isn't usually sensitive. I've used half of the bottle already and can't say I'm overly impressed. It just doesn't feel like there's enough 'oomph' in it. I've been using samples of Aesop's Fabulous Face Cleanser the last couple of days and my face feels tinglingly clean after using it. But apart from that, I strongly recommend Jurlique products to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2010 5:38:00 AM More reviews by elz

I wish i can post the photo of my skin condition 2 months ago and today. I had a seriously scary looking skin. I didn't dare to look at the mirror as looking at my skin was very depressing.
I'm so thankful i went to Jurlique to do a facial treatment. The beautician diagnosed my skin as a very sensitive skin and suggested i use their Re-balance sensitivity products. It has been a month since i start using their products, and i can assure you, my skin has improved tremendously. The soothing Foaming Cleanser is one of my favorite products.
In my opinion, the price is still reasonable. So, i don't mind buying all their products in the future

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2010 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Annalise95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My skin is acne prone and very oily. I have been looking everywhere for a range of products that suits my skin and I found that the Jurlique products where great! I have been using this Soothing Foaming Cleanser along with an almond and oatmeal scrub, a light moisturiser and a citrus mist. All of my products are within the jurlique range.