April 23, 2014 | 1836 users online

Cleansers - Jurlique - Soothing Foaming Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by greengrapefruit

Being a big fan of Jurlique, I bought this cleanser to use during the dry and cold winter months. My skin is very delicate and I am acne prone so I wanted something that cleansed well without being too drying.
I like the creaminess, it does have a little foam. I like wetting my hands but not my face and apply the wash that way. Because it is oil based, it cleans better when your face is dry. It washes off okay but it is not going to take off ALL makeup if you wear foundation and power and heavy mascara etc. When I use too much of this cleanser I do feel a little dry after.
I am giving it a 3 right now because I am not too sure about this even after using it for 2 months. My hormones are whacky after stopping BCP so I have had some bad breakouts. I do not think they are related to this but to be sure I switched my cleansers for a bit.
Right now, I alternate between this, the Jurlique Balancing Cleanser and the Acne.org. The latter two are cleansers I've used during times with no breakouts so I feel more sure about them.
I will try to use this one more exclusively and update.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2012 12:45:00 AM More reviews by TarinM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is just okay, does take my make-up off but I wear quite light make up so I can understand why people say it doesn't, it's quite a light, milky consistency. It doesn't break me out or dry out my skin but it does nothing amazing to it either. Could be a good option for sensitive skin like mine, but I did have a scratch on my nose and it stung a little when it got on there so I thought that was a little strange. I was previously using Kosmea's purifying cleanser but felt like a change and am a sucker for their pretty packaging, but I think I'll go back to that after.

EDIT: I take that back, it is quite amazing! I think I didn't use this for long enough, only a couple of days before I wrote the review, and looking back my skin was quite sun and salt water affected from a recent holiday. I stuck with this for another few days and I started to notice when I brushed my hand past my face it felt so soft, like silk, and that's when I realised it was this cleanser! My skin had never felt like that before! And after the previous sun and salt water damage it was amazing that it had fixed it up so quickly. I also didn't seem to be getting any breakouts so I would recommend this to anyone, though again if you wear heavy make up you might not find this effective at removing it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2011 12:25:00 AM More reviews by serenityc22

My skin is pretty dry and I find it hard to find a cleanser that doesn't make my skin feel tight after the shower. This cleanser doesn't feel like it would do any good, but it does everything I need.
-Smells great
-Feels nice on the skin
-Removes all traces of make up even mascara
-Doesn't dry my skin out
I have used many cleansers ranging from drug store cetaphil to high end such as clinique, biotherm and clarins. This is the definitely the best I have used - try a sample first the jurlique counter usually gives them out.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2010 4:30:00 PM More reviews by saraevamaya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall, I like this product. It lasts a super long time, feels lovely on my face, and doesn't cause breakouts or irritation. The reason why I don't totally love it is that it's a tad too drying, in my opinion, to truly be soothing. I get the sense that the foaming action strips oil from the skin just a little too much. That said, given that I am both sensitive and oily this tends to work very well for me on most days, as it strikes the balance of cleansing without irritation. My opinion simply holds that for something it can't also have a stripping quality. It may prove a gem for some, not worth it.

Edit a while later - I'm not sure if it's because Jurlique changed their formula or what, but I don't care for this (or most of their products) at all anymore. This one caused such bad irritation that despite application of various soothing serums that usually work wonders, my face was still red and inflamed a day after using it! It seems that this company has added new preservatives and tweaked formulations to some of their products, so maybe that's the culprit? Either way, definitely steer clear of this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2010 3:15:00 AM More reviews by sthom87

I'm a dedicated Jurlique fan and was recommended this cleanser after the sample of the balancing foaming cleanser stung my skin. I have combo skin that isn't usually sensitive. I've used half of the bottle already and can't say I'm overly impressed. It just doesn't feel like there's enough 'oomph' in it. I've been using samples of Aesop's Fabulous Face Cleanser the last couple of days and my face feels tinglingly clean after using it. But apart from that, I strongly recommend Jurlique products to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2010 5:38:00 AM More reviews by elz

I wish i can post the photo of my skin condition 2 months ago and today. I had a seriously scary looking skin. I didn't dare to look at the mirror as looking at my skin was very depressing.
I'm so thankful i went to Jurlique to do a facial treatment. The beautician diagnosed my skin as a very sensitive skin and suggested i use their Re-balance sensitivity products. It has been a month since i start using their products, and i can assure you, my skin has improved tremendously. The soothing Foaming Cleanser is one of my favorite products.
In my opinion, the price is still reasonable. So, i don't mind buying all their products in the future

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2010 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Annalise95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My skin is acne prone and very oily. I have been looking everywhere for a range of products that suits my skin and I found that the Jurlique products where great! I have been using this Soothing Foaming Cleanser along with an almond and oatmeal scrub, a light moisturiser and a citrus mist. All of my products are within the jurlique range.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2009 6:59:00 AM More reviews by CountessDementia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like the first reviewer, I too have extremely sensitive reactive skin that is very thin, fragile and dehydrated. After months of battling problematic skin with frequent pink bumps (not acne), sore red patches under the eyes and around the nose, and itchiness, I shelved all my high end/ derm-recommended products and decided to go organic. Around the time I was making the switch to all-natural skin care, I stumbled across a Jurlique salon and intrigued by their 'biodynamic beauty' pitch, decided to schedule a consult. The salesperson confirmed that I had reactive sensitive skin and suggested I try the Rebalance Sensitivity kit, complete with trial-sized cleanser, Soothing Herbal Recovery gel, day-care lotion and mask. I was quite optimistic about the products as I've heard good things about Jurlique, particularly during the five years I spent in Melbourne. Here in Malaysia, Jurlique is less well known (and considerably more expensive). I paid about RM 250 in total for the kit of trial-sized items.
The first few days, I thought I was in love with this cleanser. It was soothing on my skin, calming down inflamed spots and decreasing red, aggravated areas. And it smelled so divine, a delicious blend of lavender and something rich and earthy. It was, unfortunately, far too stripping for my skin and I found my face, after those few initial days of bliss, to feel very tight and itchy upon washing. Maybe I would have been better off trying the cleansing lotion variety instead of the foaming cleanser, as the foam may have been too drying for my skin.
Although this cleanser contains perfume, it is derived from the essential oils of lavender, chamomile and tea-tree. Furthermore, it contains groomwell extract for calming benefit and sichuan peppercorn for gentle purifying action. All in all, I probably would have liked this product more if it had been more moisturizing. A great choice for sensitive oily skins, perhaps, but for skins requiring more moisture, I suggest looking elsewhere. I have since used up the small 30 ml trial-sized bottle but will not be repurchasing the full-sized version.

Ingredients: Aqua (Water); Cocamidopropyl Betaine; Macadamia ternifolia Seed Oil; PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate; Sodium Chloride; Xanthan Gum; Lithospermum erythrorhizon (Groomwell) Root Extract; Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride; Lecithin; Zanthoxylum alatum (Sichuan Peppercorn) Extract; Fragrance (Parfum)*; Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate; Lactic Acid; Oleyl Alcohol; Linalool*; Limonene*.
* From Natural Essential Oil (Lavender - Lavandula angustifolia; Chamomile - Chamomilla recutita (Matricaria); Tea Tree - Melaleuca alternifolia)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2008 7:42:00 AM More reviews by oscar123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually really like this cleanser and it's the only Jurlique product I've tried so far. I was just testing the waters when I bought it but now I've got more Jurlique products on order because I like this one so much. I really have more normal skin but based on the advice of the saleswoman I bought this one for sensitive skin because I'm currently pregnant and my skin is kind of whacky right now. This cleanser smells heavenly! I do remove my eyemakeup first with an eyemakeup remover, but then I use a couple of pumps of this cleanser, sometimes I wash off with a soft cloth and sometimes I just wash off with water. Seems to do a good job either way. Hasn't broken me out and leaves my skin feeling soft.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2008 3:56:00 PM More reviews by happy_blackbird

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have extremely sensitive, highly reactive skin. Nearly everything I have tried as a cleanser dries out my face and exacerbates my seemingly never ending dermatitis, but I am a sucker for product and I will give anything a go at least once. I have been using the cetaphil cleansing bar for sensitive skin for the last few months with minimal issues (even that is a bit too drying) but while I was in the local Pharmaca to purchase something unrelated recently, the esthetician there offered me two sample packs of Jurlique's newly revamped cleanser specifically formulated for sensitive skin like mine. I was naturally skeptical, as one of the main ingredients is alcohol and it is heavy laden with essential oils. The salesperson reassured me that everything they produce is very clean, organic, natural, etc. Well, this morning I thought I would give it a shot and as soon as I opened it, I should have known it would be inappropriate for me. It was strongly lavender scented and as you sensitive ladies know, the stronger the scent, the stronger the reaction. I rubbed it between my palms as instructed and as soon as it touched my skin, my face began to feel hot and burn. I gave my face a once over and after rinsing vigorously, I was bright red. I can't imagine how this could be manufactured specifically for sensitive skin. It's been two hours now and my face is still tingling. I am all for naturally formulated, organic based, paraben free facial products, but just because something is of nature doesn't mean that it is automatically good for you (poison Ivy is organic and natural as well, but that doesn't mean you should rub it into your skin). No one with sensitive skin should use this product. I also can not imagine how this would even remotely remove make-up. In my opinion, if I am going to pay $40US for a facial cleanser, I sure as hell shouldn't have to have to use more than one product to sufficiently wash off my minimal makeup (ie. loose powder). HORRIBLE!