July 23, 2014 | 1573 users online

Lip Gloss - Physicians Formula - Plump Potion Clear

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have naturally full lips, so I don't really need "plumping."

However, I wanted to give this a try as a treatment, since, as I near 50, I find that my lips just are not as smooth as they have always been before.

So I've been using Plump Potion at bedtime every night, and while it hasn't made my lips look 20 again, it has helped some, and I am pleased with that.

Plump Potion is quite thick and sticky; I'm not sure I'd want to wear it as a gloss. It feels nicely emollient, though, and has a pleasant mint-like scent/taste. I didn't find that it stings, and I have fairly sensitive skin.

I'd buy Plump Potion again, because it's a reasonably priced, effective product from a cruelty-free company. I give it only a four, because it's not a "miracle" product, but I am pleased with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by annamariee

So i just picked up this product today & straight away i noticed something. The packaging. The bottle looks cool-looking, but the size is a little too big. I don't mind it that much though (bigger bottle = more product). As soon as i got home i tried it out! I absolutely love how it feels on the lips. it's not a burning sensation, but a pleasant cool tingly feeling (like applying chapstick with menthol in it). The gloss itself is very moisturizing. But the plumping effect is nice, but not a lot. But something is better than nothing (:. The reason i knocked off a lippy & gave it 4/5 was a combination of the packaging & the fact that the plumping effect was a lot less than i had hoped.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a fantastic plumping gloss. I have used several other plumpers, from Lip Venom to Lip Fusion, and this works just as well, if not better. It makes my lips feel slightly tingly and "numb" and so full, and they do look fuller, but the plump look is more from the fact that it's a gloss. They feel, however, extremely plush and smooth. Will repurchase.
Update 6/12/13 This still works fantastically. My lips aren't really bigger, although they definitely appear that way when I use this under lip liner, but they are much softer and more supple. Go get you some!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 4:11:00 AM More reviews by nilly19

Great product - I did a lot of searching before buying this and from what I've read, the results you will get from this is similar to LipFusion XL (which is more than triple the price). This does definitely plump, not a HUGE amount (because quite honestly that kind of a result requires lip injections) but it did plump enough for my boyfriend to comment on them out of the blue when I went to see him! Also I get a lot of lines on my lips when I apply lipstick/lip liner and this gloss made those lines disappear completely and left my lips looking smooth and glossy...yes, it is very glossy, but I love shiny, plump lips! The packaging and size it great too, I think this should last me a good couple years! Awesome product. PS. Get the clear potion and not the pink potion! (More of a plumping effect with the clear as opposed to the pink according to reviews)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2013 9:01:00 AM More reviews by Selene2013

I just love it. It works and made my lips feel so smooth!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2013 9:57:00 AM More reviews by sugie67

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm going to review this lip gloss after using it exclusively for almost 4 years. I dont know why I didn't earlier. I absolutely adore this product and it has changed my lips for the better. I had very full nice lips when I was younger but aging really thinned them out, i'm 45 now. I apply this gloss a couple times a day and before bed.When I sleep with it on I wake up to super plump moisturized lips and it has somehow also eradicated the lip lines that I should have being a former long time smoker, but I have none. I stopped using it for a month recently just so I could try new products. My lips went back to being half the size. So, lesson learned as i'm never straying again! This gloss stays on extremely well and you dont have to reapply very often. It works well with any of my lipsticks. I dont mind the smell at all. I find it very neutral, a tad tingly but not painfully so and i've never found anything more moisturizing and i've tried alot of lip fix products. I pray that they keep making this forever. I pay about 15 dollars for it where I live but i'd pay more. It's my one product I can't live without!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by NicoleRay719

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

First off let me say, if you can handle the HEAT (like legit heat caused from pain of the tingling)... This stuff is awesome. It definitely plumps! It makes my lips turn a deep natural pink that only this product has ever produced on my lips. It is rather thick (which personally annoys me) and due to the nature of the intense tingling, I would be hesitant of kissing anyone with this on. But it does give you a total super model look! The tingling does NOT last forever, but it does get rather intense the first ten minutes. Suck it up, it's worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 1:04:00 PM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

LOVE THIS!

It tingles and is it my imagination or do my lips become plump little pillows after I have applied this? This stuff is kind of pricey (for drugstore) so I wait for sales and then it's usually sold out. I've had a really hard time finding the clear.

This gloss is not overly sticky (MAC, I'm talkin' to YOU) and it feels smooth on my lips. I keep some of this in my purse, at home and in my desk drawer at work.

The packaging is kinda cute, it looks like an injection needle. Yikes, just the thought of anybody injecting anything into my lips give me the heeby-jeebys. I love this stuff but I wish they made this in more colors.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2012 7:12:00 PM More reviews by esmeralda1977

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Girls, this is it! My oh my, do I really deserve how my lips look with this gloss?
It's like a wonderbra for your lips. First, I had bought this gloss in the colour nude which looked terribly metallic and unnatural on. I threw it away. But after one after another rave review for the clear version came in I thought I should give it a try ( considering the relatively cheap price).
Let me tell you, my lips look moisturised and full without the plasticy stickiness (think Mac's clear gloss). This has a gorgeous effect on my entire face because my lower lips look fuller in a very natural way and as a consequence my face looks softer (and younger). I wholeheartedly recommend this gloss for its moisturising and Softly plumping effect. It has even kicked away my all time favourite number 1 lip gloss La Laque by Lancome in Marylin beige which really means something.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by magicloop2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

It does it's plumping job in a few mintes, due to the tingling sensation I kinda like the feel of, this lipgloss rocks, high shine, mirror-end finish, physicans formula that company can maked really good blending-in cosmetics