February 1, 2015 | 1275 users online

Skincare - Body - Palmer's - Cocoa Butter Formula with vitamin E-Swivel Stick

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2015 12:14:00 AM More reviews by bbmeep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the only thing my super sensitive skin can tolerate after doing a few months of Epiduo (which did not help my skin at all and only made it more sensitive). I applied palmer's to my acne marks at first to fade them and its amazing at that, I could see a difference almost immediately, one night on a whim I applied it to my entire cheek just to see what happened and I woke up with amazing results, it was even, clear and moisturized like never before. It just felt and looked like nice skin, which I haven't had in years. I kind of can't believe it. I did a lot of research on cocoa butter and I know its supposedly comedogenic but I take that with a grain of salt now a days since so many things (jojoba oil) which are supposed to be non-comedogenic make me break out. Anyway I'm really glad I found this I now apply it every night for the past 3 weeks all over my cheeks (I have combo skin and my forehead and nose don't like moisture of any kind they just like to be left alone) and my scars (I'm talking hyper pigmentation only, as those are the only scars I have) and those pesky little red dots I always seemed to have are almost gone. I'm not sure if it helps acne actually, but I think it helps in the way that it repairs your skin and allows your own skin to take care of the acne. I still break out on my cheeks like I've always done but they are tiny now and not red or inflamed so it's a lot more bearable. It's just a lot easier to deal with a breakout when the rest of your skin isn't on fire and covered in old acne marks. I also like how I don't have to touch my face when I use this because I now don't obsess over every little bump I can feel but not see. I'm thinking of trying pure cocoa butter next but for now this is awesome.

If you want to use it during the day too, you can just apply some, wait like 5-10 mins then dap it with a tissue so that your face doesn't look so shiny.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2015 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Shelly128p

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is amazing!
It is such a multipurpose item!!! so much more than just a lip balm.
you know the wonderful things chapstick does for your lips? imagine that on all the dry parts on your body....yep that's this product

It's perfect for spots where you need extra moisture when they're chapped
I love the packaging. I don't need to rub it in so my hands stay clean.
I'm the lazy person that finds moisturizing so tedious, thankfully this product is really quick!
You get .5oz which is a lot of product. Way more than a lipstick, but still less than what comes in the average foundation bottle.
My skin responds really well to palmers cocoa butter. Vitamin E, which is in this product, is known to fade scars and promote healing.
I've used a whole stick on my feet in the summer when they got kinda gross from sandals, and I go through sticks in the winter when my skin gets drier.

it smells ahhhhhhmazing
It does NOT get waxy or oily. it soaks up into my skin quickly. much more nourishing than any other moisture sticks i've tried

I keep one by my bed that I use just on my lips before I go to sleep, and another in my bathroom that I use on cuticles, elbows, dry hands, etc. I've used it on my face and am going to get a third to use only on my face. just because it can be used in multiple places doesn't mean you have to keep using the same exact stick! lol. (I'm trying to be as hygienic as possible)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 6:45:00 PM More reviews by flowerparts

I have really dry lips (cracked and flaky). I could slather on product to my lips and by the end of the day it's like my lips suck it all up and is left asking for more. I've tried out every balm out there and each one I am forced to reapply more than once throughout the day (which is REALLY annoying).

I saw this at the Walmart for around $1.98 so I decided I would try it out. This stuff is great. I apply it before I go to bed and that's all I need. I feel like this stuff actually moisturizes my lips. The smell is delicious and for such a low price, the size is great. :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 2:53:00 AM More reviews by diosmar82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

-Price: at 5 dollars for a MULTI-PURPOSE product that will last you a really long time, it's definitely a deal.

-Packaging: The packaging is very convenient. It looks like a fat glue stick. It also reminds me of some of the LIPSMACKER jumbo lip balms I own, LOL. LOVE IT!!!

-Product: As I mentioned earlier, this product is multi purpose. I kinda laugh when some reviewers call it a lip balm, because it can be used as much more than that, so please, STOP CALLING IT A LIP BALM!!! This product can be used as a good skin moisturizer, INCLUDING YOUR FACE. Cocoa butter does NOT clog ur pores or cause breakouts, that's just a common misconception. It actually evens your skin tone and hydrates your skin, it also helps lock that moisture in. IMO, it's the best moisturizer out there!!!!!

One thing I just discovered, it is an AWESOME primer!!!! I rubbed som on my face and let it sink in, them applied my TM, and noticed how smooth it went on and how good my skin looked. Most primers make my skin all itchy and dirty feeling, this made my skin feel as if I had no make up on at all.

Definitely repurchasing this item as well as the entire Palmer's skin line.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by SamaelsMom

this product is amazing for tattoos. Swivel up to apply and rub in. It is also really good for broken skin for chapped lips. it smells really good like cocoa butter, and have a nice consistency. I continue to buy this but for many different uses. Its great for your purse.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by xStarlight

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is probably my holy grail lip balms of all time! It is super moisturizing to my lips and keeps them soft, smooth, and kissable! The scent is a rich white chocolate that is very subtle on the lips. The texture of the balm just glides onto your lips and you will feel it being absorbed into the lips. However, like all other lipbalms, this starts to become very sticky and waxy over a period of time on the lips (which you have to reapply). The price for it in Canada is $6.99 a tube which is decent for the amount of product I get (14g). This product claims to help moisturize other places as well and so far, I've used it in the corners of my mouth where they were chapped and turned discoloured and I don't think the product is changing the appearance of it. The packaging is very portable but the scroll broke so I have to push the lip balm down with my lips after I'm finished. Overall, I will repurchase since this is the only lip balm that can moisturize chapped lips for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2014 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Linamakeup

After reading many good reviews online, I decided to try this. It worked really well at the beginning besides the delicious smell. But after using this for a little while, for the very first time, my lower lip had a pimple. My lips have never ever had pimples before! This is so strange that I got freaked out and stopped using it immediately. The pimple on my lower lip went away the next day.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by DecembersWoe9895

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have noticed that this has two seperate review boards. This one for skincare and the other for lip treatments. While this is my HG of lip balms which I can not rave enough about, this review is for how well this performed at moisturizing my skin.

I bought this for 2.97 US dollars after seeing both stellar reviews from both the lip treatment and this one! This contains 14g/.5 oz of product which is actually a significant amount all packaged in a tube the size of one of those jumbo glue sticks I used to use in elementary school, which can be twisted up. I actually don't find that this makes application difficult in accuracy or coverage. The packaging is mostly white with black lettering and a blue front with the Palmer's logo in orange and brown. The product itself is the color of cocoa butter, a creamy beige/yellow color.

As for the product itself, this is actually pretty good! I have two, one for skin and the other I use as a lip balm. The cocoa butter smells amazing but more importantly this works. I use this on my face mostly on dried up acne marks that need a little push to fade completely or when my face gets really dry from my face wash and I can't get to my moisturizer. I may occasionally use this on my knees and elbows but I find that this product is notnas effective there. I will digress, this does leave somewhat of a tacky/greasy residue where you applied it which is why I rated this a 4. Also a caution to anyone who reacts poorly to mineral oil, this does contain it!

I will repurchase this for skin use over and over and I can't imagine myself ever replacing this!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2013 8:10:00 PM More reviews by Angelseleena

My favourite lipbalm. The only one that works and I've tried almost everything out there. It's long lasting, smooth, smells great & you get a ton for cheap at Walmart.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by charice123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately, this 'lip balm' did not work out for me. It's nice when you first put it on but I find that it becomes addicting afterwards. Thus, have to keep reapplying and reapplying. If you have really, really dry-chapped lips, I would not say this is HG. But, if you are just looking for normal, temporary moisturization then this it. The light vanilla smell is nice its not too overpowering. It is about $6 at Wal-mart (in Canada) in the ethnic hair section.