August 21, 2014 | 1902 users online

Skincare - Body - Palmer's - Cocoa Butter Formula with vitamin E-Swivel Stick

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 6:45:00 PM More reviews by flowerparts

I have really dry lips (cracked and flaky). I could slather on product to my lips and by the end of the day it's like my lips suck it all up and is left asking for more. I've tried out every balm out there and each one I am forced to reapply more than once throughout the day (which is REALLY annoying).

I saw this at the Walmart for around $1.98 so I decided I would try it out. This stuff is great. I apply it before I go to bed and that's all I need. I feel like this stuff actually moisturizes my lips. The smell is delicious and for such a low price, the size is great. :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 2:53:00 AM More reviews by diosmar82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

-Price: at 5 dollars for a MULTI-PURPOSE product that will last you a really long time, it's definitely a deal.

-Packaging: The packaging is very convenient. It looks like a fat glue stick. It also reminds me of some of the LIPSMACKER jumbo lip balms I own, LOL. LOVE IT!!!

-Product: As I mentioned earlier, this product is multi purpose. I kinda laugh when some reviewers call it a lip balm, because it can be used as much more than that, so please, STOP CALLING IT A LIP BALM!!! This product can be used as a good skin moisturizer, INCLUDING YOUR FACE. Cocoa butter does NOT clog ur pores or cause breakouts, that's just a common misconception. It actually evens your skin tone and hydrates your skin, it also helps lock that moisture in. IMO, it's the best moisturizer out there!!!!!

One thing I just discovered, it is an AWESOME primer!!!! I rubbed som on my face and let it sink in, them applied my TM, and noticed how smooth it went on and how good my skin looked. Most primers make my skin all itchy and dirty feeling, this made my skin feel as if I had no make up on at all.

Definitely repurchasing this item as well as the entire Palmer's skin line.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by SamaelsMom

this product is amazing for tattoos. Swivel up to apply and rub in. It is also really good for broken skin for chapped lips. it smells really good like cocoa butter, and have a nice consistency. I continue to buy this but for many different uses. Its great for your purse.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by xStarlight

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is probably my holy grail lip balms of all time! It is super moisturizing to my lips and keeps them soft, smooth, and kissable! The scent is a rich white chocolate that is very subtle on the lips. The texture of the balm just glides onto your lips and you will feel it being absorbed into the lips. However, like all other lipbalms, this starts to become very sticky and waxy over a period of time on the lips (which you have to reapply). The price for it in Canada is $6.99 a tube which is decent for the amount of product I get (14g). This product claims to help moisturize other places as well and so far, I've used it in the corners of my mouth where they were chapped and turned discoloured and I don't think the product is changing the appearance of it. The packaging is very portable but the scroll broke so I have to push the lip balm down with my lips after I'm finished. Overall, I will repurchase since this is the only lip balm that can moisturize chapped lips for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2014 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Linamakeup

After reading many good reviews online, I decided to try this. It worked really well at the beginning besides the delicious smell. But after using this for a little while, for the very first time, my lower lip had a pimple. My lips have never ever had pimples before! This is so strange that I got freaked out and stopped using it immediately. The pimple on my lower lip went away the next day.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by DecembersWoe9895

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have noticed that this has two seperate review boards. This one for skincare and the other for lip treatments. While this is my HG of lip balms which I can not rave enough about, this review is for how well this performed at moisturizing my skin.

I bought this for 2.97 US dollars after seeing both stellar reviews from both the lip treatment and this one! This contains 14g/.5 oz of product which is actually a significant amount all packaged in a tube the size of one of those jumbo glue sticks I used to use in elementary school, which can be twisted up. I actually don't find that this makes application difficult in accuracy or coverage. The packaging is mostly white with black lettering and a blue front with the Palmer's logo in orange and brown. The product itself is the color of cocoa butter, a creamy beige/yellow color.

As for the product itself, this is actually pretty good! I have two, one for skin and the other I use as a lip balm. The cocoa butter smells amazing but more importantly this works. I use this on my face mostly on dried up acne marks that need a little push to fade completely or when my face gets really dry from my face wash and I can't get to my moisturizer. I may occasionally use this on my knees and elbows but I find that this product is notnas effective there. I will digress, this does leave somewhat of a tacky/greasy residue where you applied it which is why I rated this a 4. Also a caution to anyone who reacts poorly to mineral oil, this does contain it!

I will repurchase this for skin use over and over and I can't imagine myself ever replacing this!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2013 8:10:00 PM More reviews by Angelseleena

My favourite lipbalm. The only one that works and I've tried almost everything out there. It's long lasting, smooth, smells great & you get a ton for cheap at Walmart.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by charice123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately, this 'lip balm' did not work out for me. It's nice when you first put it on but I find that it becomes addicting afterwards. Thus, have to keep reapplying and reapplying. If you have really, really dry-chapped lips, I would not say this is HG. But, if you are just looking for normal, temporary moisturization then this it. The light vanilla smell is nice its not too overpowering. It is about $6 at Wal-mart (in Canada) in the ethnic hair section.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by ltbookt

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is miraculous!! I sometimes get cracks in the corners of my lips during the winter. Nothing, absolutely nothing, has ever worked to heal these tiny cracks. I've tried vaseline, unpetroleum jelly, coconut oil, vitamin e, every type of lip balm from Bert's Bees to blistex to Alba Botanica. Nothing has ever helped until I discovered this Palmer's cocoa butter stick. It moisturizes, but it isn't greasy. It keeps my lips from drying out and just seems to last. The redness has disappeared and those cracks are getting better. This is definitely not a coincidence. I had experienced improvement in healing until I lost the Palmer's stick. A week later, my lips were worse. I hunted around various stores until I found the product again (this time I bought two). In just one day I can see and feel an improvement.
I will never run out of this stuff again. I'll keep one in my purse, one in my bathroom, one beside my bed and I'll give one to everyone in my family.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by smsbell

This stuff is great! I fight dry, flaky, cracking skin on my hands and my lips all winter and I have tried many things to help. I love this stuff for my hands and lips. I keep one labeled just for my lips for sanitary reasons and it coats my lips, eventually soaks in without leaving any weird film, and really seems to HEAL my lips without having to apply it constantly. Lip gloss goes over it very nicely. It works wonders on my chapped hands as well. I wish they had a smaller, less awkward version for just lips but it is actually nice in this form for hands. No bottle spills or leaks in my bags. Love this stuff and it is dirt cheap for the amount you get. If you get fight dry skin of any type, find this stuff. You will love it.