November 24, 2014 | 924 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Porridge Soap

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2014 5:12:00 PM More reviews by SMaj

I purchased a small block of this and noticed quickly that the 6 chunks I cut from it is actually too big. I quite like that this soap doesn't disappear too quickly and stores quite well, I place the unused ones into sandwich bags and put it into a box in a cool area. I will then put the partially used chunk in an old black lush container until I use it next. When I smelt it in the store it was very warm and wintery smelling, once id taken it home that was when I could smell the orange, as a fan of non-citric scents I wasn't best pleased. However I will continue to use it as I don't like waste! I will use it and try and get the best out of the lovely moisturising soap and lovely exfoliating bits .

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2014 2:50:00 AM More reviews by Aliciawong0920

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

it smells super nice! and I love its texture and how it moisturiz my skin.my skin has soften after using it and smells delicious! the downside is the bar actually run out pretty quick, I have to keep it out of the bathroom otherwise it would be gone in such temperature even without touching it I haven't decided if I would repurchase it because I want to try other lush soap bar too

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 7:35:00 AM More reviews by payphonesandcollarbones

In love with Porridge! I've used it everyday since someone gave it as a present a week ago! The scent is just amazing, it smells of oatmeal and orange and creamy goodness. It smells so delicious, I crave it when I'm outside the shower! It has bits of oats for exfoliating, and it really does exfoliate well. I didn't give it a fifth lippie solely because of my problem, which is apparently the same as everyone else's when it comes to Porridge. The oats falling off over some time is such a hassle! It makes such a mess in the shower, and I'm always scared it might clog up the drain (it hasn't though!), which is the only reason why I probably won't repurchase. Amazing scent though, and a great exfoliator! Much, much love for Porridge!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by kes1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love the scent of this it has a really nice, comforting, foodie scent. Like baking oatmeal cookies. I also find it less drying than some lush soaps and has a nice creamy lather though it doesn't seem to last as well as most lush soaps.

I can't stand the random porridge oats in it though. They aren't particularly exfoliating and seem to come loose and end up everywhere - in your hair, in the plughole, between your toes... it completely ruins this soap for me. I won't replace it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by coffeeandlipstick

This soap has a very yummy food-y smell. It has pieces of oatmeal or something in it... It's creamy and really reminds you of porridge. That's why I find it to be so comforting. It's really exfoliating cause it has some rough bits it. Didn't notice it to be particularly moisturizing and I'm having trouble figuring out how to store and hate when it melts... because I really do love this soap.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Kishypenguins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE THE SMELL! My only problem with the smell is that it doesn't stick around :( a couple hours later the smell is all gone. I wish there was less exfoliating bits and more amazing milky smooth. I love that it's all cruelty free and with just paper for packaging. My first LUSH product and my favourite. I hope we can buy smaller portions (that aren't in sampler packs) as I am both fussy and with lots of allergies!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by DaniDeelish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love-hate relationship with this stuff. The love is the smell. Omg, the smell. It smells like porridge with vanilla, caramel, marshmallows and maple syrup in it. It's so heavenly, I could smell it all day. If there was a perfume that smelled like this, I would wear it 24/7.
The hate is pretty much everything else. This soap has pieces in it. Pieces of nuts or something. It's so frustrating to use this soap in the shower. The pieces fall all over the shower, it gets so messy. But the pieces don't really exfoliate that well. When I use the soap, the pieces of nuts just kind of fall down to the ground without really exfoliating. And the pieces of nuts are all throughout the soap. Not just on the top of it. It also doesn't really leave my skin that soft or smooth. Just a messy, hard to use soap that, although it smells absolutely amazing, it doesn't work very well. And the scent doesn't really linger after the shower. I would honestly consider buying it again, purely for the scent. But the actual soap isn't very good at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by DaniDaae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this! Creamy, exfoliating, sweet-scented, it's just gorgeous! I love using this in the bath before shaving my legs, but beware of the bits!! they will clog your drain if you don't use a catcher!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2013 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Dengail

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This smells like a softer smelling version of Sultana, with some chocolate tones? I don't know. It smells ok. It is not very strong smelling. It goes on creamy, melts easily, exfoliates nicely. I shaved with it just fine and it moisurizer my skin well but I'm not very dry. I did not need extra moisturizing afterwards. I prefer other scents so I wouldn't purchase this again but it certainly wasn't bad.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2013 9:51:00 AM More reviews by girlraven

Is it a bit too abrasive to use everyday it's not very 'luxurious' but it does the job