LUSH Porridge Soap

3.6

Water (Aqua), Rapeseed Oil; Coconut Oil (Brassica napus; Cocos nucifera), Propylene Glycol, Pinhead Oatmeal (Avena sativa), Fresh Organic Orange Juice (Citrus Aurantium dulcis), Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Perfume, Labdanum Resinoid (Cistus labdaniferus), Sweet Wild Orange Oil (Citrus sinensis), Glycerine, Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Editronate, *Limonene *Occurs naturally in essential oils

on 7/8/2015 5:24:00 PM

This soap smells really, really good, but my goodness, SO MANY OATS. I think there's more oats than soap in this bar. I don't feel like this soap really gets me clean. I'm hesitant to use it near, ahem, delicate areas, as I don't want to wind up with oats in awkward places. I've ended up using this as an exfoliation bar, and I think it's much better suited to that purpose. It does a nice job exfoliating without being too harsh, but it also creates a ton of mess, and I'm kind of worried about clogging my shower drain. Top marks for originality, but the bar could still use some work.

on 6/7/2015 11:19:00 AM

I love lush as a brand, how they are eco friendly and vegan! Amazing company but this soap isn't winning for me.

+ Perfect scent

- Stains the sink, dries hands, feel sticky, feels a bit scratchy

on 5/30/2015 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This left me feeling "meh". nothing special. The scent is pleasant, but it's so messy in the shower! oats everywhere! And super-expensive, cuz you get more oats than actual soap..Left my skin slightly dry, like all soaps in this world does.

on 2/27/2015 12:28:00 AM

yes the soap is messy with the little bits of oats falling out everywhere, but the smell is addicting and it is so soothing to use on your skin. It's what keeps me coming back for more of porridge

on 2/10/2015 10:33:00 AM

This is my first Lush bar soap and I LOVE it. I love the scent and I love the exfoliating oats which seem to bother others but not me. It leaves my skin soft and smooth and my whole bathroom smells lovely!

on 2/6/2015 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like the smell a lot, vanilla-like and smells kind of milky, and the bits of oats do a little trick in exfoliating. I purchased a 100g just for trying, and lasts quite well, though with the oats losing from the soap it lasts less long than other soaps like Honey I Washed The Kids, but I would repurchase a larger size as I think it is a family-loving soap :)

I did have a really great experience when using it, it just makes me happy to take a shower with it every time :)

on 11/18/2014 5:12:00 PM

I purchased a small block of this and noticed quickly that the 6 chunks I cut from it is actually too big. I quite like that this soap doesn't disappear too quickly and stores quite well, I place the unused ones into sandwich bags and put it into a box in a cool area. I will then put the partially used chunk in an old black lush container until I use it next. When I smelt it in the store it was very warm and wintery smelling, once id taken it home that was when I could smell the orange, as a fan of non-citric scents I wasn't best pleased. However I will continue to use it as I don't like waste! I will use it and try and get the best out of the lovely moisturising soap and lovely exfoliating bits .

it smells super nice! and I love its texture and how it moisturiz my skin.my skin has soften after using it and smells delicious! the downside is the bar actually run out pretty quick, I have to keep it out of the bathroom otherwise it would be gone in such temperature even without touching it I haven't decided if I would repurchase it because I want to try other lush soap bar too

In love with Porridge! I've used it everyday since someone gave it as a present a week ago! The scent is just amazing, it smells of oatmeal and orange and creamy goodness. It smells so delicious, I crave it when I'm outside the shower! It has bits of oats for exfoliating, and it really does exfoliate well. I didn't give it a fifth lippie solely because of my problem, which is apparently the same as everyone else's when it comes to Porridge. The oats falling off over some time is such a hassle! It makes such a mess in the shower, and I'm always scared it might clog up the drain (it hasn't though!), which is the only reason why I probably won't repurchase. Amazing scent though, and a great exfoliator! Much, much love for Porridge!

on 12/9/2013 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Love the scent of this it has a really nice, comforting, foodie scent. Like baking oatmeal cookies. I also find it less drying than some lush soaps and has a nice creamy lather though it doesn't seem to last as well as most lush soaps.

I can't stand the random porridge oats in it though. They aren't particularly exfoliating and seem to come loose and end up everywhere - in your hair, in the plughole, between your toes... it completely ruins this soap for me. I won't replace it.