Ahava Mud Exfoliator

4.5

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol (And) Ceteareth-20, Nylon 6, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Oil, Sodium Carboxymethyl Oleyl Polypropylamine, Propylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate (And) Peg-100 Stearate, Glycol Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Sea Silt (Dead Sea Mud), Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Lactic Acid, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1,3-Diol.

on 6/14/2012 5:29:00 AM

I have very sensitive/combination skin and have to be very careful about what I use as I tend to react to products that are too harsh or abrasive. This cleanser, whilst providing excellent exfoliation left my skin soft, hydrated and did not irritate it at all. I would definitely recommend and repurchase.

on 5/7/2012 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is for the Time To Clear mud exfoliator.

To start I am in my 40's dealing with oily skin, cystic acne, occasional breakouts and early aging. Good luck finding products that help all of those at once! I love Dead Sea minerals for my skin, and I have been using the Ahava Time to Clear Mud Exfoliator for almost 3 months now, twice a week. I have to say it is excellent! It really exfoliates well, so that my skin feels clean and smooth, but not to the point of drying it out. It also helps tremendously with breakouts, especially early emerging zits and cystic bumps. It is a bit expensive, (I paid $32 at Ulta) but you only need about a figertip full each use, so it does last a long time. My DH also uses it for his skin and likes it over several "male" skin care lines including HE and DS ones.

Overall, this is a terrific edition to my skincare routine.

on 8/14/2011 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Made me break out! Waited a few days to give it another chance.... tried it again, broke out again.

The grains are sharp, so it hurt my face to use it.

Wish I never bought it, now use it for my feet.

on 7/20/2011 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The beads are quite sharp but I could live with that..
After rinsing, skin actually glowed and face looked refreshed.. =D
For such good results, I'd say the price is worth it..

But one thing thou, do we leave it on for couple minutes before rinsing, or, straight after massaging it on our face we rinse it off?

on 6/26/2011 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

1.wonderful product. lived up to my expectations
2. unscented
3.natural
4. beads are abrasive, but not top the point where they would tear or cause harm to exterior skin tissue
5. small, dime-size drop is sufficient
6. I use it twice a week to pamper my skin (as an alternative to other scrubs loaded with more unnatural ingredients than Ahava.)
7. the overall feeling is wonderful. it feels like your face is getting a gentle yet thorough massage.

on 11/23/2010 11:29:00 AM

Funnily despite all the good reviews here, I found this scrub to be rather abrasive to the skin. Perhaps its my personal preference, I like scrubs to be gentler.... this one is comes in cream base, unperfumed, and does a relatively good job in removing rough patches on the face. However, I have to give it credits for its moisturising properties. My skin doesn;t feel taut or whatsoever, after using it.

I might repurchase this if they made the grains slightly gentler on the skin.

on 9/2/2010 11:27:00 AM

I absolutely love this exfoliator and hope to use it full-time in the near future!

on 4/23/2010 8:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is very nice and effective scrub.I have dry skin and it doesnt dry my skin out.It is creamy base and bead are sharp but not irritating at all.I like the smell of all Ahava products as well.I would buy again.

on 8/30/2009 11:25:00 PM

The texture is very nice, it works very good and does not leave that streaky residue some scrubs do. My skin is very sensitive, but I did not have any reaction after, tough in my age I need to scrub a couple of times in a week. And a price is not cheap, but affordable.

on 8/18/2009 6:07:00 PM

Very good scrub. Exfoliates well but it not abrasive..prob due to the fact that it's a cream base. Best used on damp skin for me. I always seem to go back to this one