MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream

3.8

on 2/18/2015 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

After reading a lot about Korean BB creams, I ordered this to my sister while she was travelling to Korea. But the result was actually a disappointment for me. It was my first BB cream and I didn't see any results of the offerings. First of all, even though I've used it regularly I haven't noticed any lightening in my skin tone. It is not like I care, I just wanted to state a fact. I was more interested in healing visible wrinkles, blemishes and preventing skin aging part. Yes, it does provide coverage but it does not look natural at all. Look & feel wise, I felt like I was wearing a mask. It feels too thick on my face. Btw, my skin is in beige tones & this is a No23.

on 2/16/2015 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I'm not sure if the product I received was genuine or not seeing as I purchased it on Amazon for a seemingly discounted price. If it is genuine, then I do not like this product. While I was pleased that the shade #13 was exceptionally light, and an adequate match for my fair skin, I was disappointed in the scent, formula, and coverage.

The scent was not pleasant and I strongly dislike artificially scented facial products. The color, as aforementioned, was markedly lighter than the majority of BB creams; this is a feature I applaud. The coverage was adequate but the formula was drying, even over moisturizer. The finish seemed comparable to a satin or slightly matte foundation. (I was expecting it to be dewy, but was clearly mistaken.) If your skin is relatively clear, you probably wouldn't need concealer with this product. I did not.

The biggest problem with this formula was that it immediately caused a breakout. I typically react within 24 hours of a product, but my skin reacted within hours of wear. I could feel the blemishes forming while wearing, and was relieved to remove it when I returned home. The blemishes weren't catastrophic and I was able to recover within several days, but coupled with the lackluster formula, this product is a give-away for me.

on 2/14/2015 2:14:00 PM

Great coverage and quick to put on. Easy to blend, but putting too much on will make you look pale. It's moisturizing for the winter months. Though I have oily skin, wearing other foundations will not apply as smoothly as this does in the cold weather. Completely recommend

on 2/11/2015 6:20:00 PM

Hello. Rubyruby76 sells counterfeit. Or maybe I was just unlucky. She sold me a fake Nature Republic aloe vera gel. I don't know why so many people are recommending her because when I left a feedback about the counterfeit product, she wrote me an email asking me to retract my feedback and offering to give me a full refund if I agreed. That means she KNEW that she was sending me a fake product, though I have no idea why. Perhaps it's because my shipping address is based in Germany and there are no Nature Republic stores here? Unfortunately for her, I am Singaporean and right before I came back to Germany for winter semester, I actually bought a tub of the aloe vera gel from the NR store in Singapore. I paid 9euros including free shipping, so this item is by no means "cheap". I wasn't looking for a cheap deal when I purchased from her ebay store. I simply wanted to replenish my diminishing tub. I'm writing this email because I hope to raise cyber awareness about Rubyruby76. I thought she was a good choice because I did some research and almost all the bloggers recommend her or her store (RoseRoseShop). This must mean she sends counterfeits selectively. Probably only to countries without the brick-and-mortar stores.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Other

Wow, just wow. I love this product. It was the second BB cream I ever tried (the first being an American brand L'oreal that I was less than impressed with). I turned to BB cream when L'oreal true match powder changed the tone of my shade (C6) it didn't look right anymore.

I use 31 Golden Beige, the darkest shade that I've ever seen in an Asian BB cream, I was worried that it would be too light for my skin but it blends in very well and looks very natural. I was also worried it would lighten my skin but it hasn't, the sunscreen probably keeps me from tanning as much but I haven't gotten any lighter. Though, I wear it maybe 3x a week, sometimes less. I don't wear anything else over it, thought sometimes during the day I have to use anti-shine powder. It lasts surprisingly long, even on days when I'm in the field (I'm a construction engineer) in the morning and have meetings in the afternoon or vice versa. It's very light which I like, most people don't notic eit. At first I was having a problem with my skin not being able to "breathe" but then I realized I need to make sure my skin was not too damp. (face washed, moisturizer absorbed). I

My only complaint? It works too well! haha. I originally bought this to replace my powders, I usually don't wear makeup beyond lipgloss/lipstick, saving powders for nights out and important meetings, maybe 3-5x a month. But this product is so light and easy to apply that I find myself using it a lot more and so it's not lasting quite as long as I anticipated. My last L'oreal true match lasted a little over a year. But I'm sold, I will be buying it again when I run low.

on 2/7/2015 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Now that I'm actually using this product correctly for my skin, I really like it. At first I found it a bit too high coverage, dry, and "makeup-y." I watched a Youtube video where the person claimed it was moisturizing enough for her skin, so she skipped moisturizer. Well since my skin is combo-dry at the moment, it's just too dry for me to use this on its own. So for me personally, moisturizing skin prep is key. Once I do that, it glides on easily and looks very natural and not mask-like. It just goes to show that you have to do what works best for you, despite the claims of products, especially foundations.

I got the shade #27, which is their second-to-darkest shade. It's suitable for NC 30-40, and has a neutral yellow undertone. Right now in the winter I'm an NC 37-40. In the summer I go up to NC 42-44 depending on how much sun I'm getting. When that happens, I can adjust the color with a darker powder and it looks fine. So it's actually a versatile product, and I've seen the same shade work on women even darker than me (NC 45). I believe the key with legit BB creams is that they may not be an exact match upon application, but you can work it into the skin and it adjusts after a few minutes. When I first got it, I would apply it rather thickly and not work it into the skin (and put too much). Then I got the super pale look and had to put more dark powder to make it work. It did match, but it felt like I had way too much product on. You'd think at my age I'd know how to put base on properly xD

So after derping and putting too much of it on like I would a regular foundation, I've found the best method. I correct and conceal under the eyes (this alone isn't enough for my dark circles), then apply in thin layers with either my fingers or a foundation brush, and then lightly powder, all on well moisturized skin. The result is a natural satin finish that doesn't look like I'm wearing anything but it still covers. :) I always get a bit shiny by my nose, so I don't attribute that to this product. I just have to blot with a tissue once in a while (but then again I'm not super oily so Idk how it would be for very oily skins).

I recommend this product for anybody looking for a legit BB cream that wants medium coverage, natural finish, and pretty decent value ($22 for 50 ml). I don't think that you should be looking for an exact shade match, as with most BB creams you won't find it since they only have between 1-5 shades. Just find the one that is closest in depth, work it into the skin/let it oxidize a bit, and apply powder that matches your skin. I think the box recommended that you top it with powder anyway. You can also mix it with a darker foundation, as I sometimes do with my Smashbox which is a bit dark for me now.

Edited to give it the full five lippies it deserves.

on 2/2/2015 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Good BB right here. It blends nicely and provides light to medium cover whilst feeling light. Missha is the best brand for BB in my opinion, as the colours suit a variety of skin tones and don't pull too grey or yellow. They're also less drying than most Asian BB cream, with M cover providing more hydration than Cho Ban Yang. If you have dry skin you'll still need to moisturise before but hydration may be sufficient for those with oily skin. It sinks in quickly and lasts a few hours alone or a bit longer over a primer and under powder. I also use it with foundation and have no issues. I would like to see a higher SPF rating though.

on 1/26/2015 10:05:00 PM

I love this stuff! I've been using this for over 4 years now. This was my first BB cream, and I'm glad it was. I've tried other brands out of curiosity but I keep coming back to this because of the amazing color match. I use #27 and #31 as my skin tone changes (drastically! NC 35-43 because I live at the beach for some of the year). I have a lot of flaws: broken capillaries on the sides of my nose, a bit of redness on my chin, GINORMOUS pores. I only dab a little bit on those areas as I'm not too keen on having a full face of makeup. When I have this on I look absolutely flawless, I frequently get questions about my skin care regimen! Little do they know what lies beneath, haha! I find this also greatly improves my skin when I wash it off at the end of the day. I don't know about the whitening properties, as that isn't what I'm after here.

Also, if you run a bit oily like I do, you might want to skip the moisturizer. I used to moisturize before putting this on, and in just a couple of hours I get super shiny. But without the extra moisture it's a perfect skin finish. Even under the sun it has no strange cast!

on 1/25/2015 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is my go-to BB cream, I love it! I've been using BB creams since I was 15, and I this one in particular to have excellent coverage without being too cakey or thick. When I use this it takes a couple minutes to absorb, but once it does I find my face looks a bit brighter, and overall very natural but just a bit more "blurred". I bought this while I was still living in Korea, and they have 30% (or more) sales all the time there, so it was a steal at around $12... Missha has retail stores in Canada now however I believe the prices are almost double what they are in Korea. Regardless, once I run out of my current bottle, and if I don't find a suitable alternative I'll definitely be picking this up again!

on 1/13/2015 8:25:00 AM

I've been using this product for a few years. I consider myself acne prone, whilst my family and friends disagree, but I do like how you can control how light or heave the application depending on the stature of your skin that day. A light amount will give you a dewy even glow, and for more intense days of blemishes you can also build coverage. I had the same issue of no. 23 appearing too grey, so I've recently bought no. 27 to blend the two shades and it's perfect.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Bash it or Buy it?!! Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream - demo and review by Denim Vixen

Top Rated MISSHA Products