July 23, 2014 | 1831 users online

BB Cream - MISSHA - M Perfect Cover BB Cream

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased this due to all the hype and because during the summer I really don't like to wear foundation and try to go most days without, yet I want a little coverage and need a ton of moisture. I used this BB for about a week to see if it could become a staple in my routine, but I wasn't impressed by it at all.

This is thick stuff - that's great for coverage but didn't work out well when it came to blend-ability. It is also a pretty dry formulation which added to blending issues. Since my skin is already dry, I would need the aid of primers and heavy lotions in order for this BB to work. Problem is, I am trying to avoid heavy creams during the hot days of summer and if I must bust out a primer, I might as well just be using foundation over it. BB creams are supposed to have regenerative properties and contain a lot of antioxidants and other beneficial ingredients; however, the skin will never be able to absorb these things or benefit if there is a barrier btw the cream and skin (such as primer, etc), so the consistency and ease of use here really bummed me out. The only way I can use this up is if I mix it with lotion and apply it. I love the fact this contains SPF at 42 BUT I think this is what unfortunately leaves a sallow, grayish cast to the skin. I found that this product looked "ok" shade-wise for a while but sadly oxidized throughout the day leaving me pale and washed out looking.

This is probably a good product for people with oily skin because of its consistency and dry formulation, as well as really pale skin tones who won't be effected by the grey sort of shadow it leaves behind... Since I don't think its the alien meets zombie fleshtone is a very cute look, this is gonna get tossed into my drawer of stuff to give to others for trying.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2014 11:04:00 PM More reviews by TheGingerSnap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This BB Cream provides great coverage! I use it in lieu of liquid foundation.
I purchased shade 13, which matches my very pale cool toned skin perfectly. If you have oily skin don't use a heavy moisturizer before applying this product, just keep a light moisturizer and make sure it is well absorbed. It applies smoothly on the skin and sets well.
My sensitive skin was not irritated by this BB cream. Others I have tried have caused my skin to breakout after a few uses, but this cream did no such thing.
The SPF is a great bonus to this product, making it a must have. The pump dispenser is hygienic and prevents product waste. A small amount of this product goes a long way, so don't slather it on thick! Put a small amount onto the skin and blend, then add layers as necessary.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2014 11:49:00 AM More reviews by xkandiekissesx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got a large tube of this in #23 from Amazon and used it for about a week.

Pros:
-Fantastic coverage!
-Great SPF42 sunprotection.
-Great value. Apparently you can get some really good deals from the Missha US online store, but I chose Amazon because I have the prime membership that allows me to receive eligible items within 2 days for free.

Cons:
-Heavily fragranced. If you don't like it, it'll be tough having to smell it all day. It's pretty strong.
-One of the top ingredients is mineral oil! What?? I thought that was bad for your skin.
-Doesn't reeeeeally match my skin tone. But the next one down is a super orangey #27?? I'm more of a NC25 and the color of this makes me look a little lifeless. I'd probably brighten it up with blush for sure. There's almost no pink in this, but also seems to have no yellow.
-Lasts about 4-5 hours, then it rubs off with a simple accidental swipe of a hand. For my oily skin, it doesn't control shine all that well. This might be alleviated slightly by the use of oil blotting sheets.

Tips:
-I used to apply it with my fingers and it would accentuate a lot of my pores and dry skin, then I changed to using a flat top dense brush (I bought a knock off sigma brush set from ebay that came with one that works great) and now it looks ten times better-- more dewy, more even, less accentuation of dry skin.

After a couple weeks of use:
-Does not seem to be improving the tone of my skin.
-I have little stubborn acne bumps that formed from use with a previous BB cream (Holika Holika pore clearing) previous to using this, but even after stopping the old BB cream and using this for a couple weeks, the bumps haven't really gone away, which makes me suspicious that this may also be acne-unfriendly.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2014 8:09:00 AM More reviews by RainaVixen

It was alright, i bought it in natural beige considering i'm light to medium skin.. it was a bit too dark for me.., the smell was not good in my opinion.. it also had a greyish/black tint to it and it looked like i had dirt on my face.. But it was alright, maybe i chose the wrong shade for my skintone..

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2014 7:45:00 AM More reviews by paddlepops

Missha always have really great quality face makeup. The price seems to have gotten higher recently but I'm glad this one is still one of their cheapest yet best products.

I used this during high school and it was really nice and comfortable to wear. The lightest color although ashy matched my skin in a kinda strange way. This has really good coverage not as good as Lioele Triple the Solution but I could get away with using this on its own with some powder.

Overall it's just an all round good product. Nice smell, texture, color, coverage, staying power, finish and doesn't irritate the skin. It doesn't do anything the 'best' but I'd rather it do a lot of good things and this is a product filled with those.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 2:16:00 AM More reviews by msbluestone13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is the Best BB cream I ve purchased. I got honey beige #27. its a lot thicker then American Bb creams which r basically just glorified tinted moisturizer. I have SUPER OILY skin with some acne and acne scarring as well as some scars from an auto pedestrian accident in which I was the pedestrian-it covered well without settling in divets and marks--scars :-( it has SOME staying power since I'm doing this review in July in Utah. not as much as I like but I just mix it with a TINY bit of my Revlon color stay foundation And it works terrific!! I do not think it breaks me out but I will do an update at later time about that as well as any lightening and such it claims to do. I wish it was available in stores here is the only con so far... good stuff :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 8:28:00 PM More reviews by dyellowrosek

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I read ALOT of reviews and looked at ALOT of videos about this product before buying it in the # 27. I loved that it contained ingredients to help your skin, especially the high SPF (not liking the lightening and parabens parts though) and that the shade #27 was described as more of a yellow based undertone. When I do use foundation I am slightly lighter than the Revlon Colorstay foundation in Toast, L'Oreal w4.5 Fresh Beige powder however is the perfect shade for me (for reference).

When applying it, at first it goes on light with the grayish cast, but soon oxidizes to blend into my skin tone.It provides a light coverage and that is just enough for me as I really don't have alot to cover/hide. I use my moisturizer first then put this on, but its not necessay. I do have dark undereyes, so I use an additional concealer to help with that and set everything with a light dusting of my L'Oreal powder or Ben Nye's Banana powder.

The texture is thick, but goes on smoothly and does NOT feel cakey on your face. It wears pretty well for me, does not feel oily and does not make me break out. I haven't noticed any lightening of the skin.

I purchased this from amazon, which cost me more than I would normally spend on a BB cream, but I really wanted to try it and would purchase again. I would advise anyone buying this product to be careful who you purchase from, as I've read where people have gotten fakes. With all that being said, I personally think the product is great and would recommend anyone to give it a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 11:55:00 AM More reviews by nadeska07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've bought this over and over in shade #21 which matches by NC15 skin perfectly all year except the middle of winter when I go a bit lighter and need to mix with #13.

The coverage is medium to medium-full, and the finish is dewy so I set with powder if my combination skin is feeling oilier and go without if it's feeling normal or dry. If you're oily, this BB cream might not be a good choice. I also find that heavy moisturisers or sunscreens ruin the finish and staying power of this so I keep other products to a minimum.

It really does need a bit of help to extend its staying power as it's not the most long lasting stuff and it looks best up to 4 hours after it's applied.
My biggest tip would be that trying to pack this on to build up more coverage doesn't work as it's not designed to be layered or built up; it looks cakey and mask-like so you will need to use a concealer over spots that need more coverage rather than throwing on another layer.

The feel of this on your skin (when you use a pump or two of product) is so light and weightless so it's great for summer and during the day especially because of the high SPF. The finish is natural and flawless and it's very cheap - love love love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2014 4:52:00 AM More reviews by Nina_82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this when I was in Thailand. Shade 21 was a good match for my skintone (NC15). I loved that it looked so natural and just gave my skin a real glow. While it's not going to cover dark blemishes, it certainly helps to even out your complexion. I wore this with and without powder over the top, both worked well, it just depends on if you want a more dewy look. Wouldn't hesitate to buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by shiry7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am in love with this stuff. It looks absolutely natural on me which is one of my major goals when picking a foundation. It's the perfect combination of covering imperfections while also letting my actual skin show through. I'm in love with the color match, staying power (I sometimes have 12+ hour days), and finish (semi-matte).

I was skeptical of trying bb creams because color match is so important to me, and I absolutely will not stand for any of this gray nonsense. I'm a neutral/yellow NC20 so after some research online it seemed that #23 should be my closest match. However, I was lucky enough to be able to go to a Missha pop-up shop where a makeup artist figured out my exact shade. Turns out that my perfect color is a mix of #27 and #21 (using slightly more #27). This mix really works!! No more gray tone at all.

Now that it's summer I prefer a little more of a dewy finish so I use MAC Fix+ to accomplish that. After moisturizing, I lightly spray my face with MAC Fix+ (4-5 sprays), then mix the colors on the back of my hand (this gives the Fix+ a little time to settle down a bit). Then I apply with my fingers which is a breeze with the added slip from the Fix+. I pat on a little extra where I have some more redness. Then after I'm finished with the rest of my makeup, I give myself a few final sprays of Fix+, and I'm done!

Anyway, I hope my review will help some of you avoid the dreaded grayness. Missha has so many sales, it's easy to pick up two different colors to mix at a price that's lower than a lot of other foundations. It's really worth it!