November 27, 2014 | 1355 users online

Powder - Gorgeous Cosmetics - Powder Perfect

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I recently purchased this at beauty.com. I had never heard of the company before a few months ago, so I was surprised to see reviews in 2008. I am fair (N/NW10-15) so I purchased it in PP-1, the lightest shade. It is not translucent, which I was expecting. It was much too dark for my skin and as I applied it, I could see it. It made my face look dirty. It did an okay job of controlling oil for a couple of hours, and was smooth, but these are the only positive aspects of this powder. Other than the color, there were two deal breakers for me: (1) the powder flipped up and underneath, there was a sponge applicator. This made the powder unstable and very prone to breakage, since it flops up and down; (2) unless I used a sponge to apply it, there was a ton of fallout. So much that I thought maybe it had broken. I like to apply powder with a brush, or at least to have the option of applying it with a brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2008 7:25:00 PM More reviews by missgiggly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Let me just say, this is my first transluscent powder, combined with my first foundation..

I was a throw on moisturiser and lip gloss and out the door before Gorgeous Cosmetics (and Benefit) so combined with their flawless foundation, I use this (in Cream 3 fyi) and wow...it does go on soooo smoothly. I don't even have the best brushes, but this applies so softly, and sheerly over the foundation, there is NO chance of it going cakey, or even looking like you have powder on. Believe me, I'm really self conscious, and I like the effect of 'not looking like I have make up on' but just looking like I have *awesome* skin, and this is part of the package. Packaging gorgeous, and stylish. Can't recommend it highly enough.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2008 8:50:00 AM More reviews by bellefranjic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do not know what makes this product so good, but whatever it is, it is extraordinary! Firstly, it goes on very smoothly and blends in perfectly, leaving no obvious powdery texture. Secondly, the colour matches my skin tone so perfectly that it is freakish (I use 'Cameo' on my medium, NC35-40 skin). Thirdly - and this is the piece de resistance, it makes my pores seemingly disappear. No jokes, my skin looks smooth and airbrushed when I use this and I have not had the same effect from any other foundation of any consistency. The packaging is great too. The exterior of the compact is very stylish and quite similar to NARS. This is definite HG material.