November 21, 2014 | 1828 users online

Cleansers - Image - Ormedic Balancing Facial Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2014 12:40:00 AM More reviews by MacGregorCat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I received a sample of this product as a birthday present. After never have used Image before, I was very curious. My skin tends to be quite reactive and I have a lot of sensitivities and product allergies.
The consistency is not thick and like gelatin as many "gel" cleansers are. It's quite runny, and slips into the bristles of my Clarisonic quite well. It foamed up nicely. The scent was subtle and unoffensive.
I always do a pre-cleanse to remove my makeup, so I can't say in confidence whether or not it's a great makeup remover, but my skin felt quite refreshed afterward and even a little bit cool. It didn't seem to help my hormonal breakouts, but I don't blame the product for that. It did however seem to help my redness.
If you're looking for a thorough cleanse I might recommend another product, but if you like gentle, this is a great option.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2013 9:04:00 AM More reviews by Boxerface

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ormedic Balancing Facial Cleanser Image (Green)

This cleanser is made from organic green tea, arnica, Oat protein, Olive oil, and German chamomile, is calculated to lift away makeup and impurities. These chemical compounds also help to bring down inflammation and stop swelling. However I found it to cause my skin to tingle and cause mild irritation. It felt like it had Tea Tree oil in it but when I searched on the literature it said nothing about Tea Tree oil. My aesthetician recommends this for me and gave me several samples to try. Luckily I did not have to shell out any money for this product as it is on the pricey side. I was told it would help with my rosacea but not at all. I was also informed it has worked great for those with Eczema. If so, they are lucky.

I found the scent to have an intense menthol odor mixed with alcohol. The scent was not disturbing and smelled fresh and clean. This is supposed to balance the PH level of your skin so that you wont need a toner. I do not like toners anyway so maybe this was why I did not like this skin cleanser. This cleanser although fantastic for some was not working for my ultra, sensitive, rosacea, dry and easily irritated skin. It is a clear based cleanser not milky soft like others I have tried. I did not feel hydrated and found my skin to feel painful after using it. I might be allergic to something in this cleanser. I know some folks are allergic to Chamomile tea, this could be me. My skin did feel soft but no softer than using other cleansers on the market. I tried to use this just at night but the pain was too much. I only lasted three days and had to give up. I must add that I am using Finacea and Differin and so my skin is even more sensitive than the average.

I gave this a 3 lip as I would recommend this for those who are oily and want a natural organic product that will deep clean without harsh chemicals. Truly this is a fine product for the right kind of skin. If you have painful sensitive skin please avoid this!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by trace517

Althought this cleanser has some great ingredients, this gel cleanser is very hard on skin. After only 2 days my face was very dry and red. Would not purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2012 11:36:00 PM More reviews by joofish

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am a licensed esthetician, and basically I am a cleanser junkie... I have tried quite a few!! I feel like this cleanser really does "balance" my skin. Since I use things with retinol and sulfur for my acne-prone skin, I need a cleanser that is not drying whatsoever and this fits the bill! Very refreshing....

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by am9391

I have been using this cleanser for almost a year now and it is by far my favorite cleanser ! I have combination skin ( more on the dry side) and it completely balances my skin out. I was introduced to IMAGE skincare at the spa I go to for my facials. I love the ormedic line but I also have products from Ageless, Vital C, and the acne line. I love all of the IMAGE products. Definitely a must have!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 12:51:00 PM More reviews by sbgitana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ormedic Balancing Facial Cleanser
My Skin type is Normal

I'm particular when it comes to texture, smell, cost and performance of products. Here's my review:

Texture: Foams up really well, I prefer foaming cleansers over textures, such as milky.
Application: Of course I apply with fingers and also used with the Clarisonic.
Packaging: Plastic bottle, easy dispensing.
Odor: Clean, fresh scent. No strong distinguishing smell. This was really important to me as I'm easily effected by smells.
Cost: I would say it's middle range closer to higher end.
Finish: My skin feels clean after and definitely ready for moisturizer. If I don't moisturize skin feels a bit dry.
My rating scale is: EXCELLENT, GOOD, FAIR AND POOR
Overall rating for this product: EXCELLENT
I think it would be good for normal, combo or oily skin types but not as compatible for very dry skin.

Yes, I recommend this product. But AS ALWAYS make sure your skin type is compatible with this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 4:24:00 PM More reviews by tadeusz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've used a lot of products that were made for "sensitive" skin that irritated my skin, and out of sheer desperation was using Cetaphil because (at the time) it was the ONLY thing that was gentle. However I was still getting pimples.

But after having the balancing cleanser used during a facial at a spa, they gave me a sample to try. I feel like this cleanser does a good job of cleaning since the number of pimples I'm usually graced with has been reduced. However I would not know if this is effective at removing makeup as I always take mine off before the cleanser. If this stuff continues to clear up my skin without irritating it, it will become a staple in my skincare.

The cleanser is formulated without: Petrochemicals, chemical preservatives, silicones or parabens

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2009 9:03:00 PM More reviews by SakuraBlossom08

It's very hard for me to shell out hard-earned money on top of the line beauty products but this product falls between. Better than drug-store products and cheaper than high end store products but it works GREAT. I've been using this product for a month now and my skin glows and the tone has evened out. My pores even seem to have diminished in size. It foams nicely and smells great - leaves my skin feeling refreshed and cleansed. Does not dry out my skin at all! Biggest improvement is clarity and tone. Most noticeable to me is that my skin doesn't look so dead and dry anymore. I love this product (prior to this, I really was considering shelling out big bucks for Creme de la mer) and I'm going to try the other lines in IMAGE brand.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2009 11:11:00 AM More reviews by kimberlyaz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Began using this cleanser about a month ago on the recommendation of my aesthetician. I was using the cleanser from Ultraceuticals.
First off, I do love the smell. But that's not the only reason I like it. I use the Ormedic cleanser, which is organic, not tested on animals, no petrochemicals, etc....so I like that part. But most of all, it seems to work for me.
You only use a small amount (one squirt from the dispensor), so it actually does last a long time.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2009 2:03:00 AM More reviews by girleesmooch55

I like the smell of this product, the way it foams up and the fact that its organic. However, I don't feel that it removes makeup and cleanses very well. It's also too pricey for what it is.