April 18, 2014 | 1869 users online

Cleansers - Acne.org - Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2014 2:43:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

I am actually on auto-delivery for this cleanser at the present time. I think that this cleanser is best for someone who has combination or oily skin. I do have combination-to-oily skin, so that's I have no problems with it. It does foam, which helps with completely ridding the skin of oil, grime, daily pollution, and makeup. I have had no problems using this cleanser around my eye area. I only have to use a separate eye makeup remover, only if I am wearing lots of heavy eye makeup.

Even though this cleanser is fragrance free, it does have a light scent to it, that I do consider to be non offensive and also does not set off my allergies.

The product itself is affordably priced, but the shipping and handling, should be cheaper. As, this cleanser is a good one, but Acne.org's s&h charges are on the high side. Which I do find to be a slight con.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2014 11:30:00 AM More reviews by rachael122

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this with the Treatment...though I like the Treatment and find it effective, I don't find that the cleanser does much and it's probably my least favorite product in the Acne.org regimen. I do like it because it's good for sensitive skin, doesn't dry the skin, and cleans it fairly well. It's also really cheap and you get a huge bottle for a low price. I've been using mine for probably a year now and it will probably last me at least a few more months. The packaging is also very functional--I like how you can twist the pump once and it will lock it and prevent any spilling, which is great for traveling.
On the other hand, I don't feel like I've gotten any results from using the cleanser alone. I don't have a lot of acne, but I do get the occasional breakout, and I don't see any improvement from the cleanser. I will continue to use the Treatment, but the low price of the cleanser isn't a good enough reason for me to continue buying it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2014 6:52:00 AM More reviews by Ldao90

even though I really like it, it's my least favourite product from the whole Acne.org range.

The reason is that I feel like the treatment combines with the moisturiser makes the regimen - the cleanser is just an nice added one to the combo, especially when your skin has been habituated to the whole ritual for a while.

At first when I started using this product, it worked wonder together with the treatment and the moisturiser. One thing you have to be VERY cautious about is that it REDDENS sensitive areas of your skin that doesn't need treatment (especially the area under the neck), so use it sparingly and avoid letting it slip to the non-acne affected zones of your body. At first I used to shower with this and my neck and my bust would get so red and itchy that it worried me a a lot!!! Sometimes it even managed to run down my inner thighs and the tender part of my arms! So moral of the story: do not shower with this and only use it sparingly above the sink - it is only meant to be for the face!

Now as my skin has improved a lot and become healthier, I realised this product becomes not as extremely essential as it used to be before (the treatment still is, though). I use it only once a day now and some days I even go without it. The reason is that it doesn't really exfoliate my skin nor removes my makeup - i'd rather use a makeup remover, an exfoliator and then the treatment. But for days that I don't wear make up and don't need to exfoliate, this cleanser still proves superior than any other cleansing foam.

So overall, not a holy grail, but I wouldn't mind buying it again to use it as my staple cleansing foam.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by piecesofpurple

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG product! I've been using the whole regimen for about 6 months and my skin is the clearest it's been since puberty! I've tried everything---from Accutane (TWICE), birth control, antibiotics, retin-a, tazorac, AHA, BHA, tea tree oil, essential oils, the oil cleansing method, everything and anything under the sun. I've been suffering from moderate-severe cystic acne that I believe is primarily hormonal, so I was losing hope that anything topical would work. Since I've gone natural with my makeup, I tried to stick to natural skin care and I avoided the regimen because it had parabens for years. It's definitely far from natural now, but I'm so glad I finally gave in to trying it because IT WORKS.

This cleanser removes my makeup, leaves my skin feeling completely smooth (not stripped), and calms the hyperpigmentation in my skin.

I use it twice a day, morning and night.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by ColdFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this cleanser with the rest of the products in the Acne.org regimen, and I really like it!
It's a very basic, soap-free cleanser, but that's the point and the beauty of it. It takes off my water-based foundation but with anything stronger, I would need a separate makeup remover. It cleans my face well but doesn't make it feel tight, dry, or stripped of oils in the way that I've experienced with other soap-free cleansers like Cetaphil or CeraVe. It foams decently and feels nice on the skin. The instructions say to use two pumps for each wash but one pump is sufficient and the product lasts longer this way.
If your skin is acne-prone and/or sensitive, this would be a really good option for you. It can only be purchased online but for me, it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2013 10:26:00 AM More reviews by blairXwitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this and the Treatment (more details in my review of the Treatment), and I must say I'm happy with it.
Since I've been using these products, my face has been almost clear and smooth.

The Cleanser is a basic one, very gentle, fragrance free, with a consistency of a very liquidy gel. I use it after removing my makeup with Clinique TTDO Balm at night, and in the morning by itself.

I love the pump bottle and everything about this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by iceboi

Great Cleanser. Foams very nicely and comes in good packaging pump lock bottle. Reason for just a 3star rating? The shipping is killer to Canada. The product is $9.50 which is affordable and great pricing for a 16oz size but when you factor in shipping its plus $12 which isnt worth it!! Those that live in the USA i would say get it. It does what it claims foams up and cleans the skin nicely its not a makeup remover tho just a basic cleanser. Those that do not have access or is looking for alternatives. Ive found TWO products that work just as nice and better and cheaper!! Look for Everyday Coconut Cleansing Face wash (12oz) its all natural which is bonus its cheap! Can be found online iherb ($6.29) or Wholefoods ($11), this one is amazing foams well look for my review! The other is CeraVe Foaming Face Wash (12oz) which can be found in drugstores @$14.99 usually on sale for $12.99. Ive used these two and both are compareable and does what it claims its an excellent face wash and both have makeup removing properties. I would highly suggest the two i said and not acne.org because the shipping alone. The treatment itself is amazing but this cleanser for the cost not worth it!
I hope this helps some people because cost really comes down to it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by mitchieyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this cleanser its non irritating and takes away my make up too. The thing is I don't want to purchase this on-line every time. The shipping can cost a lot since I'm not in the US. So I just use drug store cleansers with make up wipes. If I lived in the US the shipping cost would not be a problem I will definitely purchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by spaingirl87

Best cleanser, there is no cleanser in comparison to this. I have tried drugstore, brand name and the very popular Paula Choice, but this is hand down the best cleanser I have ever used. Super gentle but leaves skin clean, but not dry, I don't know how that is possible, but it is. This is truly HG worthy. It is also super cheap and lasts forever. However if I don't have this in reach, my next go to is purpose face wash but it does dry the skin a lot more.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by FusiaFever

I think that the cleanser is over-rated. I do think that the treatment, step 2 works wonders. And as I have stated in my previous rating, the moisturizer is probably the worst I have tried. But this cleanser is fragrance free and non-irritating. However, it is just basic soap. There is nothing really special about it. And when comparing it to other brands, I expected more lather.

I will continue to use the step 2 treatment with other cleanser and moisturizer brands.