Likas Papaya Soap

4.1

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product.I have acne prone skin but after using this soap I dint get a single pimple on my face.But now I heard the ingredients of likas has changed and original likas are not available.so now I am not able to find any online site where I can get original likas papaya.Now my face is with full of pimples.can anybody please give me the original likas papya link sothat i can buy and get rid of these ugly pimples.please help....

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this for my acne for years! Works great & dries them up! :)

I have been looking for Likas soap for a while. For certain products that have a cult following I try to find them in a local store especially if they are international products.I went to my local international store a few years ago, and I didn't find any Likas. Since then I stopped looking for it. However I recently went back to the store and to my delight I found two bars!! The scent is mild and the formula doesn't dry out my skin, I used it on my face and it made it look brighter. It's still too early to see results (it's been my second time using it) but so far it seems great.
I was reading the other reviews here and I think the negative ones come from reviewers that unknowingly purchased counterfeit products off the internet. The bar is supposed to be a bright orange much like it's packaging, the soap also has a seal on the back, the packaging has holographic lines and seals. I posted a picture of the soap and the box so you can also see the ingredients and how it should look.
Be careful buying certain items off the internet especially whitening products. Do your research

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

after reading comments raving of how fantastic this soap is in here, I bought one from my local asian store....

I seriously DONT feel clean after showering with this

squeaky clean?! my foot?! it cant even wash off my makeup?! absolute rubbish!

to many ppl, they feel that skin feels tight means skin is squeaky clean?
what a wrong perception!

pros:
none

cons:
NOT thoroughly clean after shower!!!
does not whiten nor brighten
feels dry

try this soap if u like. anyway its dirt cheap, u can just dispose it after trying out and finding out what a failure this soap is ....

fantastic? neh!

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I'm In love with this soap! I break out on my back during the summer ( I live in a very humid place at the moment) and this soap keeps my back clear- It has also helped all the red marks from old acne fade! I do use it on my face during the summer as well and it helps fades my freckles and keep acne away. it can be very drying though, so lots of moisturizer is needed. Although I do not use moisturizer on my back just my face when I use it. I recommend that you leave it on your back for a few minutes to help scars fade quick. but as far as your face -If you have sensitive skin like me, I recommend leaving it on for less then a minute, because it will sting if left on for too long.

The ingredients are : Sodium palmate, Sodium palm stearate, Sodium kernelate, Purified water,RBD coconut oil, Papaya Extract,Vitamin C, Cl 11920

Net Wt: 136gm

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

It Is Not A Surprise ,But Ok !

okay so someone i know suggested me to try a papaya soap (not likas) but another brand. I started using it about 8 days ago (day 8 today) and so far the results are fab by gods grace.
I have acne prone skin which is a result of hormonal imbalance and i get tons of breakouts around my chin and jawline.
This soap has stopped all my breakouts and i can hardly see any bumps.
Thank god and thank this special friend of mine for giving me this blessing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Picked up this soap in a local Asian grocery store, hoping to lighten a few of my acne scars.
All I can say is that it delivers on it's promises! Totally a holy grail.
My only complaints are that I hate bar soap, I hate the toxic orange color, and I hate the smell.
I use a bubble net with the bar though, so it creates the most thick lather for my face - and it helps the product to last a bit longer.

This is a great soap for exfoliating, reducing body acne and lightening acne scars on the body not so much whitening. Papaya doesn't whitening it brightens and help exfoliate the skin. The natural fruit enzyme from the papaya is what helps get rid of the dead skin which can help lighten a tan to some degree. This and many whitening products will not get you lighter than you natural skin color. From what I have tried yellow papaya works better than green papaya. This soap is quite drying so I suggest only using it on the body.It will over dry the face and may cause flaky/ peeling skin, irritating redness and breakouts/ acne to get worse. You will need to use a good moisturizer. To avoid your skin from getting a sunburn or get darker use a sunscreen or even cover the areas that are exposed to the sun when using this. If you get dark in the sun easily mean you have to much melanin.Melanin is produced by cells called (melanocytes) the higher the amount the darker the skin will become when the body is exposed to the sun. The level of melanin in some people increases as they get older. For those with to0 much melanin most whitening products most likely not work it may cause one to get dark even faster. Beware there are many fakes. The box for the original authentic one has hologram dots and a gold Superbrands label. This soap does not contain any harmful ingredients.

This is perfect for whitening my skin but after using it regularly I get even more pimples that's why I just switch to other papaya soap product which is royale kojic

I just bought it 3 days ago, doest anybody know how was royale kojic soap effect effective compare to likas? Does anybody use this soap regulary?

I recommend Likas for those who want to whiten their skin. But you need to observe if your skin doesn't gets irritated just like mine