Likas Papaya Soap

4.1

sodium cocoyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate, water, sodium isethionate, coconut acid, cocamidopropyl betaine, and/or sodium laureth sulfate and/or sodium dodecylbenzene sulfonate, sodium sterate, sodium cocoate, or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, titanium dioxide, triosodium edta, papaya enzyme, FD&C yellow 3 FD&C red 40. 5/09/10

on 5/12/2015 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

It Is Not A Surprise ,But Ok !

on 2/10/2015 8:47:00 AM

okay so someone i know suggested me to try a papaya soap (not likas) but another brand. I started using it about 8 days ago (day 8 today) and so far the results are fab by gods grace.
I have acne prone skin which is a result of hormonal imbalance and i get tons of breakouts around my chin and jawline.
This soap has stopped all my breakouts and i can hardly see any bumps.
Thank god and thank this special friend of mine for giving me this blessing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Picked up this soap in a local Asian grocery store, hoping to lighten a few of my acne scars.
All I can say is that it delivers on it's promises! Totally a holy grail.
My only complaints are that I hate bar soap, I hate the toxic orange color, and I hate the smell.
I use a bubble net with the bar though, so it creates the most thick lather for my face - and it helps the product to last a bit longer.

on 1/25/2015 7:33:00 AM

This is a great soap for exfoliating, reducing body acne and lightening acne scars on the body not so much whitening. Papaya doesn't whitening it brightens and help exfoliate the skin. The natural fruit enzyme from the papaya is what helps get rid of the dead skin which can help lighten a tan to some degree. This and many whitening products will not get you lighter than you natural skin color. From what I have tried yellow papaya works better than green papaya. This soap is quite drying so I suggest only using it on the body.It will over dry the face and may cause flaky/ peeling skin, irritating redness and breakouts/ acne to get worse. You will need to use a good moisturizer. To avoid your skin from getting a sunburn or get darker use a sunscreen or even cover the areas that are exposed to the sun when using this. If you get dark in the sun easily mean you have to much melanin.Melanin is produced by cells called (melanocytes) the higher the amount the darker the skin will become when the body is exposed to the sun. The level of melanin in some people increases as they get older. For those with to0 much melanin most whitening products most likely not work it may cause one to get dark even faster. Beware there are many fakes. The box for the original authentic one has hologram dots and a gold Superbrands label. This soap does not contain any harmful ingredients.

on 3/17/2014 11:39:00 AM

This is perfect for whitening my skin but after using it regularly I get even more pimples that's why I just switch to other papaya soap product which is royale kojic

I just bought it 3 days ago, doest anybody know how was royale kojic soap effect effective compare to likas? Does anybody use this soap regulary?

I recommend Likas for those who want to whiten their skin. But you need to observe if your skin doesn't gets irritated just like mine

on 3/7/2014 2:12:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I remember in the 90s, when my Aunt would put this on her face for 30 minutes. It worked for her, her skin lightened. When I turned 17 I also gave this a shot. It indeed whitened my skin but now that I turned 27, I don't know if it's still as effective. But then again, it worked for some people. And this soap is one of the most popular whitening soaps so I guess it really does work.

on 1/19/2014 10:50:00 PM

Pros: Brightening
Leaves your skin squeaky clean
Good for pimples and pimples scars
I was initially afraid to use it because squeaky clean usually leads to breakouts for me because my skin starts to over-produce its natural oils, but I did find that it does dry but only enough that it is safe to use for the face.
I've been using this product for over one month and I have not seen major whitening effects. However, I did notice that my old acne scars are nearly gone. At this rate, I'm guessing that they'll be cleared out by another month's use.
I can see that my skin does look brighter so I only use a tiny bit of tinted moisturizer and I'm all set for work or for school.
If you want soap that's better at whitening, try the "Extract Papaya Calamansi" bar soap. I used that two years ago for 4 months till we ran out, and I was so upset because it made me feel so clean, and I did not care for its whitening properties, but a month later I realized that my skin got so fair which could only be explained by the soap. Unfortunately, they don't have them in Maryland.

Cons: BAR soap
Fakers
I think that some people may not like the fact that this is a bar soap, but I personally don't mind as long as it has a special purpose.
****BEWARE****!!! There are fake Likas soaps out there. Actually, I'm not really sure if they're bad or not since I've been lucky with getting the real ones, but watch out anyways just to be sure.

on 1/8/2014 7:03:00 PM

I started using likas papaya all over my face specially my forehead where it has terrible breakout. It dried up all of my pimples immediately! I am so happy.

I haven't had breakouts after using it and my dark spots from the breakout suddenly flaked off leaving a lighter skin underneath.

I don't need a moisturizer because my face produces oils after sometime making my skin glow.

Beware of fake likas papaya because it might be the one you used that caused you breakouts.

A real likas papaya has clear hologram of its logo and packaged well. The scent must be a faint orange and not rubbery plastic.

I bought a fake one and almost used it. Everything was able to convince me except the smell. not the typical likas. So I bought another from SM to make sure.

So beware guys! :)

on 12/12/2013 2:00:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

pros:
1) it does whiten your skin by a bit- you can see a slight difference after one use
2)cheap

cons:
1)slightly drying
2)many FAKE soaps
3)whitening effect may look a bit fake
4)don't expect miracles- it doesn't whiten your skin completely to your original skin tone

i bought a few fake soaps and i realised that authentic ones have box packaging that reflects light. Real soap also has an orangey smell and is soapy.

on 10/16/2013 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I recently started using this product to lighten my tan, to get rid of dark spots under my arms, and to help scars. This product has helped fade out my scars on my legs which I've gotten trying to get rid of ingrown hairs and I scar very badly and I'm always in the sun a lot which isn't good for scars. My underarms are a little lighter, but I don't know if it lightened my skin at all. I think it's helping it keep it's current color because currently I'm playing tennis and I do wear sunscreen but I haven't gotten darker or lighter. However, I will use this product during the winter when my tan fades and I'm less exposed to the sun, where results would show more. I recommend this product.