December 17, 2014 | 1657 users online

Styling Products - Bumble & Bumble - Spray De Mode

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Ldugas1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is awesome. It is the first and only hairspray that I have been interested in enough to repurchase. I have long, healthy hair, and it's strong enough to keep styles set, but it's not heavy or sticky. I like that my hair still feels soft and natural when I'm using this. Definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Jhe9488

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This discovery changed my life. I was never really into hairspray but as soon as a hair stylist from Bumble & Bumble used this on my hair, I was absolutely hooked. It's definitely not one of those maximum hold hairsprays that will hold crazy updos, but if you curl your hair and want your curls to stay but still move, this spray is perfect. You can rake your fingers or brush through your hair and it still feels soft. I spray this on each section before I curl my hair and my curls last until the third day, no joke. I end up washing my hair because it's gotten too dirty and the curls are still there.

Only downside is the price: $28 for the full sized bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Poli93

Really like this! I have A LOT of fine, very long hair that can't hold a curl---- not even when done at the salon.
I bought a curling iron last month and I use it almost everytime I wash+style my hair, but the only hairspray I had ever tried was the Elnett one, which I really really don't like (too heavily scented, leaves hair crunchy and I find it weighs it down).
The Bumble&Bumble spray de mode is really good because it can hold a loose curl all day, doesn't leave my hair crunchy, and I can run my fingers through it as many times I want without ruining my 'do. I also like that the scent doesn't linger.
If only it were slightly cheaper, it would be a full 5 lippies! If you want a light-medium hold, this is for you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 5:41:00 AM More reviews by ninaulrich

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Finally I got to try this, it hasn't been available in Denmark for ages. I have fine hair that needs hold, and I love soft hold sprays like this that can be brushed out easily and never leaves hair crunchy. With this it's impossible to spray too much, and my hair feels thicker and - I swear - softer too. Frankly I don't see the difference at all between this and Does It All, which I used before and loved. Whatever, this is the best hair spray for me and definitely a staple.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by sugamonkey

My HG hairspray. I hate hairspray but THIS is FABULOUS! It really does hold your style but leaves hair touchabley soft.
I have fine but lots of it straight Asian hair. I never liked putting product in my hair until I tried bumble and bumble. It's the only line I use and the high cost is totally worth it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by msh9899

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Great product. Very pricey but it last a long time & I feel it's worth it. A hairdresser used this on me many years ago & I liked it so much that I purchased it. I have been buying it ever since. I have lots of straight, fine, highlighted blonde hair and this offers nice hold without looking stiff. Fine hair can easily look "molded and stiff" and I am very particular about hairsprays. Great for every day-strong enough to hold style but allows for some movement too. If you're into helmet hair, pass on this one! If I need more staying power, I resort to Kenra 25 but I feel that's too much for everyday use & tends to make my hair appear dry. B&B Spray De Mode holds well, has a nice scent and works well for everyday styles. I took off 1 lippie because 2ce now I have had to return to salon w/in days of purchase to exchange my can for a new one since the spray nozzle just stopped working/clogged/broke. Don't think it's a clogging issue because can was brand new-don't know what's up w/ that but it's a definite flaw! Other than that, I love this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2012 7:10:00 AM More reviews by MissusJones

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE this spray...I use it to finish out my hair but its also become my (almost) HG styling product as well (when flat ironing). I have terribly heavy, coarse, dry, platinum hair, so getting optimal straight results is often difficult. I've found that a light spritz of B&B styling lotion on my ends, coupled with a very light spray of Spray de Mode on my roots, makes flat ironing MUCH quicker and the results are silky hair that's full of volume. Oh and the memory this spray provides is AMAZING! I can flat iron my hair and not have to torture it with heat again till after the next wash...For my unruly mane, that speaks volumes!! The only 2 reasons I don't rate it 5 lipsticks are 1. the SMELL! Some like it, I tolerate it because the product performs so well...my kids can't even be in the room when I spray my hair. HOWEVER, it doesn't stick in the hair too long, so that's why it's doable. It smells sort of like a banana/baby powder explosion and overcomes the senses quickly leaving us all coughing and sneezing till it dissipates. 2. It can be a bit drying if reapplied often (but so can most hair sprays, so go figure). I've found that using it with their styling lotion staves off the drying effect on my ends for about 36 hours. In short, overall performance, AMAZING...Smell, icky but tolerable (pain is beauty! J/k).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2012 10:04:00 AM More reviews by rachelleanita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this hairspray because it really does completely brush out if you need it to, it helps with light to medium hold, and my hair is still bouncy and not crunchy. You could sit and spray your hair until it is soaked and stiff but it will completely brush smooth again if you run a brush through and there is no buildup leftover. I like to spray all over and brush down my flyaways. My hair does NOT hold curl so I do need a much stronger hair spray for that, but for a basic spray this is the best.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2012 11:47:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm not a hairspray fan. I haven't experimented with many and I've used it only a handful of times over the last several years. If I need some hold or some memory I typically use B&B Surf Spray or Grooming Cream or Texture, and one or a combination of these seems to work for my needs. But I also go back and forth with bangs of all kinds and whenever I do I want a little something to keep them looking good and prevent them from waving. My hair stylist always uses this but I avoided buying it because I don't like aerosol sprays (for a lot of reasons, one of which being I hate the residue getting on my face), I can't stand stiff/sticky/immobile hair, and the smell bothered me. But I finally caved and bought it the last time I got my hair highlighted and cut. I use a little bit all over, mostly on the upper portion of my hair like the crown and bangs, and it adds some light hold and sleekness, and helps with flyaways but there's still movement and lightness. I can brush through my hair easily as if nothing's in it, and I can restyle my hair too. I also use it both before and after I use my flatiron (which isn't that often, maybe once or twice a week in the summer) and there isn't a nasty build-up or that dried out, lackluster coating. I can fix and redo and mess with my hair as much as I'd like with a few layers of this in between and it never reaches shellac territory. It's been fantastic for a really precise, slicked back ponytail or for my usual loose waves. Basically I love this because my hair still has some life and doesn't look like I'm afraid of a little wind to hitting me.

Yes there's a fragrance that's slightly chemical and hairsprayish, but it's not as bad as I initially thought whenever my stylist used it. I suspect it was the general hair salon scent and lovely leftover clinging bleach fragrance blending in with whatever products she was using when she washed and styled me. The smell is more than I'd like but it doesn't last for more than a half hour and it's about as noxious as any other hairspray to my nose. I don't often stray from B&B products simply because that's the line my hair salon uses and my hair and skin are finicky so I'm skittish of trying tons of new hair products. That being said, my scalp is very sensitive and I easily get rashes and irritation from new products, especially aerosol sprays of any sort, and in the month I've been using this I've never had any problems.

I'll add that my hair is long, naturally wavy, fine (but I have tons of it), and color treated. It's great to find a styling/hairspray product that works so well with long hair. Unless I find something that's scent-free that performs this well I'll be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2012 4:02:00 AM More reviews by happygirl1

I'm a loyal user of the Does It All hairspray, and hadn't ever considered Spray de Mode. Until... my hairdresser used this before flat-ironing my hair. Wow! I have fine, wavy hair that I blow-out straight, and on some days, I'll flat iron. My hairdresser blowdried my hair and then sectioned it off. She sprayed each section with Spray de Mode before running the flat iron through. The result was pin straight hair. That's not the best of it. That night, I was at an outdoor family party near the beach (i.e. very humid to the point where the cars had heavy dew on them), and my hair *stayed* pin straight. That *never* happens in that climate, regardless of flat ironing, anti-frizz serums, or anything else that promises frizz free hair. I'll be buying a bottle of my own this week. It's worth the investment for easy, fuss-free hair that stays exactly as you styled it - without losing flexibility and bounciness. This hairspray does not provide distinct hold, if that's what you're looking for. It combats humidity, allows your hair to look polished and neat, yet it moves and swings beautifully.