October 25, 2014 | 942 users online

Cleansers - Giorgio Armani - Crema Nera Mineral Cleansing Balm

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2009 10:17:00 AM More reviews by michybabe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I recieved this as a tester, thank god *whew* The actual product is ridiculously expensive. I've been using it for a week now, and I have to say, it works like a miracle!

I took several suggestions and tried Maybelline, Bioderma H20 Crealine, olive oil, Bobbi Brown, Biotherm but so far this is my fave! I love how you can use your fingers to massage it all over your face... I hate using cotton pad makeup removers because they really hurt and dry up my skin. I had minor wrinkles around my eye area because of that. The balm allows me to stay wrinkle free. It's a great make up and mascara remover.

Works so much better than any oil based or non oil based remover I've tried.

EDIT & UPDATE: I've now also tried the Shu Uemura Cleansing Oils. They don't even compare to this. This stuff doesn't get into your eyes or dry your skin out after rinse off. I believe that this cleansing balm has better makeup removal power as well. Definitely purchasing this after I'm done with my cleansing oils - I don't mind paying the money for something that works so well!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2008 4:38:00 PM More reviews by SuzieDVv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well, I do like this product but mark it down because of the price. Yes, I know it's Armani and it looks cool on my bathroom shelf but the cost is outrageous. This works in the same way as Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm. I had to stop using TTDO because it dried my skin out badly. Of course the Armani does not dry out my skin, but I cannot justify the high price, unfortunately. Lovely texture, very lightly fragranced, very gentle on the skin, and efficient at removing all my MU including minerals and sunscreen. Rinses away to leave skin soft and clean. If it was half the price, say 25 ($50) instead of 50 ($100) I would consider repurchasing.

UPDATE. I don't know who to hate more. Me for loving this, or whoever picks the prices for GA products. This is HANDS DOWN the BEST cleanser I have ever used. My skin is so picky about cleansers, which means I've tried them ALL, from Eve Lom to Cetaphil to OCM to this one. This removes all of my make up quickly, and feels very good in the process, and it doesn't leave my skin tight or red.
I simply cannot afford to pay 50 for a cleanser but maybe I'm going to have to find a way as nothing else comes close.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2008 10:05:00 PM More reviews by kareygirl

I just love this cleansing balm! At first, I used it as a sample and wasn't aware of the product directions so I put it on my face dry. This turned to butter on my face and felt like a dream. Removal with a warm wash cloth was a snap. It was hydrating and I almost felt as though I could skip moisturizer. Later, after getting a full size tube, I discovered the balm should be moistened. I tried that method as well and it was equally nice and removed just as well. I felt my face was clean and soft and moist. Lately, my cleansers have been leaving me feel "blah" so this is going to be my new favorite. It is even better when followed with the mineral soothing lotion. If I experience any breakouts, I will update. This line is pricey but I figure my skin is worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2008 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Gail2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Who among us hasn't tried umpteen different ways to effectively remove makeup? I went through a period of dampening a cotton ball with what was purported to be a good eye makeup remover and then cleansing the rest of my face with another product. Results? Not too satisfactory!
However, patience does seem to have its rewards because after years of trying, experimenting, and, yes, tugging of skin, I've found Armani's Cream Nera Mineral Cleansing Balm. Balm is often defined as an ointment used to heal or soothe the skin. Precisely! When you massage this Cleansing Balm over your face, it becomes an oil that simply melts makeup! Once that has been done, the Balm and the makeup are easily rinsed away.
As if the gentle thorough cleansing were not enough the Balm left my skin soft and shining.