Skinfood Black Sugar Mask

4.2

on 3/27/2015 3:29:00 PM

This is definitely a product worth using I have been looking for something to help clear acne no other scrub i uses smooths my face out and clears it within 1 week of using it I am more than beyond impressed with this product. Also I have combination skin, 23 yrs old and acne problems since I was 15 but this works wonders. I am so happy to come across this would continue to buy forever and highly recommend to others. Also I live in Texas where are weather is out of the ordinary hot & cold in 1 day and in 1 week hot, muggy, rainy & cold so we deal with different climates here but this stands its ground and works amazing i don't have to use as make up like I used to & I feel it can get to the point where I hardly might use much anymore. It also made me feel more confident in myself seeing how my face is looking so clear again and after using I don't even want to touch my face no irritation no poking at my face usually i always want to touch face in general on daily basis now i don't have to urge to or think about touching it. When using the product don't even have to use much either so it can last a long while i do it daily but just a small amount on my face and try to spread a thin layer wait about 15 mins and wash it off. I Rate this product 5 stars! AMAZING!

on 3/20/2015 11:01:00 AM

I like this mask
This mask smell so nice just like a sugar . I lovee how it smell . At first when I tried to applied it on my face I thought I must apply it on dry skin . Then I applied it on my dry skin , then nothing happened and I didnt feel it was do a great change on my face . The second times when I applied it , i applied it on damp face , and What Happens ? IT MAKES MY FACE SO DAMN SMOOTH and brightens my skin tone . I recommend this for those who had rough skin and a lot of whitehead or blackhead

I will definitely repurchase this again .

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Personally, I think this product is overhyped. I think it's a very average scrub. It sometimes doesn't rub off all the patches on my skin but at the same time, the scrub can be pretty rough (although I did learn that with water and very gentle swirling it does alleviate this).

But I think there are better options although it was pretty cheap and it was good to try.

on 3/6/2015 9:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I expected great things from this product, but it not only did not deliver but also put my face in a tail spin. This was incredibly harsh - the sugar granules didn't melt down and the scent was very chemical. I've used milder chemical peels, like The Cure, without incident, but now two days after using this my face is still red, breaking out (extremely unusual for me!) and very sensitive. The worst part is that it's sensitized my face to the point where everything is irritating to it. I follow the Korean method of double cleansing, toner, essence, ampoule and cream, all of which gave me incredibly radiant skin (and none of which irritated my skin!!) - and now I'm scrambling to find something mild enough to allay the redness. Super disappointed.

I will keep it and use it for a foot scrub, but I really can't recommend when there are more gentle and effective products, that are also much less messy to use. Boo.

on 1/31/2015 7:32:00 PM

Nice grainy scrub that doesn't leave your skin raw. I've heard that many consider this a dupe for the Fresh Brown Sugar Scrub. While I have not tried the Fresh version, I do believe this product provides decent physical exfoliation resulting in an overall glowing skin result akin to what the Fresh users describe. The Skinfood version is a bit cheaper in price but less readily available to us in the states. I purchased mine from amazon with no difficulty. The scrub smells amazing! The sugar crystals dissolve so you can't really overscrub which minimizes irritation. Be sure to apply to a wet face to avoid needless tugging on your skin. I would not use this more than twice a week on days when you are not using chemical exfoliaters. I would gladly repurchase.

on 1/27/2015 9:13:00 AM

Love this. Crystals are big and melt into your skin. Feels good and really exfoliates.
I use it as a scrub and when I have more time as a mask.
This is great, skin is so soft but not raw after.

on 1/1/2015 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Myyy preciousssss!! I've been trying to find masks by other brands that are fresh with the Lush kinda vibe. The grains are not too rough and the entire formula is basically the right texture of slushiness. It spreads very well and my face feels soft when you wash it off. Not to mention, the smell is not overpowering and honestly kind of yummy. I've been using this more-or-less everyday for a week and it has a major effect on all the acne that usually sprouts. By incorporating this product to your morning routine, it's such a refreshing way to awaken you.

I have somewhat sensitive skin that WILL break out if I put too many things on my face. This is amazing it exfoliates my skin but isn't too harsh. It does make my face a little bit dry but I always moisturize after a face mask anyways. I'm thankful I found this mask because it made my face sooooo soft and smooth. Amazing!!! I don't know what I would do without it. It isn't expensive either. Definitely purchase this product

on 11/30/2014 3:03:00 AM

I really don't like scrubs because I think they are too abrasive. I really really like this one thou. It leaves my skin super soft after I use it. It feels balanced. I like to use serums right after using this.

on 11/20/2014 10:21:00 PM

i love this scrub/mask! it smells amazing and works just as amazing. after using it, my skin is soft and radiant. despite how it sounds, it actually isn't too abrasive and works just enough to make you feel like you're actually scrubbing you skin.

for reference, i have combo skin.

Popular Scrubs