September 23, 2014 | 1819 users online

Shampoo - Paul Mitchell - Lavender Mint Moisturizing Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked up the travel size at my local beauty supply to test it out. I do like the scent of lavender and this shampoo has a prominant note of it. The mint gives it a nice balance. It lathers well and leaves my hair feeling clean but doesn't dry out my ends which is a bonus. It leaves my hair smoother with more volume if that makes sense. It gives just enough moisture for my 3b curly hair without weighing it down or leaving any residue. The scent sticks which is nice if you like herbal smells. The knock off at Sally's was not as good despite the matching ingredients. I would buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2014 11:25:00 AM More reviews by NikkiduP

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Paul Mitchell products are usually hit or miss for me. Some things i love (super strength line and super skinny serum), and others are just awful (fast drying hair spray and moisture line). To name a few. This shampoo was unfortunately a miss. It smells great and did leave my hair very soft. The problem? It made my scalp itch so badly! I found myself scratching my head for hours after i washed and sometimes at work the next day. People thought i was crazy. I looked like an animal that was flea infested. I do not have a sensitive scalp and ive never had this problem before. Perhaps i dont agree with lavender?? Who knows. Pity... i wont repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 12:50:00 PM More reviews by Adela05

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've tried other Paul Mitchell product and I didn't really care for them but this one it's awesome! I'm about to buy it again, for the third time (shampoo+conditioner) and I don't do that very often. I've noticed the result are great only if you use the shampoo+conditioner, I've tried using the shampoo with a different conditioner and the result wasn't that great.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by MLChaney7

Totally a HG product for me! I love the smell and it actually made my hair feel so clean without stripping it at all! First shampoo I've really loved from the Paul Mitchell line! I find very few shampoos I love, but this is a definite A+++++

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2013 1:51:00 AM More reviews by kaykre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am extremely impressed with this. I usually do not like shampoos that contain sulfates. However, not only is this not drying in the least it is actually VERY moisturizing. When I use this I can easily run my fingers through my coarse, thick, tangly hair even before conditioner. It leaves my hair soft and the smell is awesome (I do love earthy smells though). The matching conditioner is equally as nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2011 1:49:00 PM More reviews by luvsbrdeddragns

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff smells absolutely AMAZING. And if made my hair feel SO good and looked smooth. I actually used my sister's but I'll be picking some up tomorrow. Not usually a fan of Paul Mitchell but this one is a winner.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by harmonyjensen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this shampoo and conditioner because it smelled delicious in the bottle! I love lavender! It reminds me of Aveda products, which I sadly can't purchase in my small town. This line is supposed to be moisturizing, but I found that it really dried my hair out after using for about 2 weeks. The smell is also very different on my hair than in the bottle. My hair smelled very earthy when dried, kinda like a mix of dirt and patchouli. I even had co-workers comment that I smelled like patchouli. I didn't mind the smell as much as how my hair looked after drying. It was very fuzzy on top with flyaways. It looked dried out. It feels nice when you lather it up and it rinses clean. The conditioner felt like it was moisturizing my hair and it combed through easily, but it just looked fuzzy and gross after it was dry. Both the shampoo and conditioner have a TON of silicones too, which tend to build up on my hair. I don't think I used it long enough for that to be a problem.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2011 4:35:00 AM More reviews by emmgill

Love Love Love!! This is a great shampoo and I have been looking for awhile. This cleans my hair so well without making it dry and it leaves no residue. Also doesn't make my hair 'squeaky' clean either which is something I dislike (I do get this feeling for the PM- Shampoo Three, but I use it for a VERY clarifying wash, so I don't mind). This is perfect! Leaves my hair feeling shiny, clean and nourished. So good, just bought my 1L bottle.

Update: This shampoo is good, but I think this is making my hair oilier. So I think it dries out my scalp and it is producing more oil. So I'm on the look again for the perfect shampoo for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2011 3:45:00 AM More reviews by miafrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

this is a lovely shampoo as well as the conditioner. the scent is really nice and leaves a very faint scent in your hair. it leaves my hair, shiny, soft, moisturized and managable. the price is only a few dollars more than their regular line and i am very happy with it. i also plan to try the other two types but my hair mostly needs moisture and this one smells the best. paul mitchell is a vegan company and has truly changed my hair since i started using only their products a year ago.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2010 7:43:00 PM More reviews by oldjuly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff was OK, it smelled so good and was somewhat tingly on my scalp. I didn't notice any sort of improvements on my hair though.