November 28, 2014 | 1920 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Alaffia - All Products

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2009 6:04:00 PM More reviews by bethwisdom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was a devoted Dr Hauschka user. Then I went on a trip and forgot to take my stuff with me. Unfortunately I used the skin soap the hotel used. Big mistake as I seemed to be allergic to some ingredient (or maybe there was too much bleach in the washrag). After putting antibiotic ointment all around my eyes I went to whole foods to get some Dr. Hauschka. Not wanting full size containers because I had them at home and they don't have preservatives in them I got the trial sample to make it through the rest of my trip. The SA suggested Alaffia. Had never heard of it. She gave me a sample in a little jar to take with me. I went back to the hotel, tried to wash my face. Even the Dr. Hauschka burned my eyes!! With much trepidation, I tried the Alaffia - no burn. I went back the next day and bought the entire skin routine. LOVE it!! No problems with my very sensitive skin.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2009 2:06:00 AM More reviews by vanilla

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Thanks to sarahandj; I didn't know that about shea butter.
I bought the "Shea & Coffee" or "Cafe au Lait" scent or version of the Alaffia stuff. The scent is gently, pleasantly orangey; it lists sweet orange essential oil in the ingredients. I do find it sweet and relaxing, sort of a bit like a creamsicle. The lotion does a pretty nice job for my very dry skin. Maybe a little bit remains on the skin, but I don't find it heavy; it soaks in enough for me, but doesn't disappear entirely. For me, $11 ish bucks is a little too much for 8 ounces of lotion, but not TOO bad, and I'd get it again. Would like to try to the other scents/types too. Would prefer a pump to a bottle that has to be squeezed, will be hard to get the last bits out. Like the natural/fair trade ingredients. I think this is becoming a favorite of mine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2008 8:00:00 PM More reviews by sarahandj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Alaffia Shea Butter Body Milk Vanilla Almond. Unrefined shea butter ( the only kind that has any benefits) 8 oz for 11 dollars. smells wonderful. African company gives back 10 percent to African community, based in Washington State I think. Even if you think you only love Bath And Bodyworks and Victorias Secret lotionss etc, please look at their website. they have amazing products and trial sizes. You will be hooked and it is such a treat to find affordable body creams. At some point the big companies will use unrefined shea butter instead of that nasty refined stuff they are all using now and completely misleading us about(l'occitance) and the prices will probably skyrocket. LOVE this stuff and can not imagine anyone not as well. Love MUA and hope this is a fun find, as I originally discovered UNREFINED shea butter here and learned about all the false claims here as well. This is a great place to learn about all the lotions and potions. Thanks girls!!!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No