Smashbox Baked Fusion Soft Lights - Baked Starburst

3.2

on 1/24/2015 10:29:00 PM

Adds a lovely bronzy glow to my face. Favourite highlighter. Very natural looking and pigmented. Love how you can use a colour individually or swirl all together. NOT A BRONZER. This is a bronzed toned highlight and will not give the effect of a bronzer with out making you look very shimmery. Love the small shimmers in it. Nice product that suits light to medim skin tones (could suit darker but I haven't seen it on a darker skin tone so have no right to comment) Tad pricey but that's the norm with smashbox products. Like the packaging. Will repurchase. I do recommend.

on 1/4/2015 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is a bronze-toned HIGHLIGHTER. not a bronzer. anyone who buys this expecting it to be a bronzer is stupid. It's even in the highlighter category...
I have this in this shade and the lighter shade & my feelings for both are the same.

this is a bronze toned highlighter. not a bronzer. think of it as a product that will add glow to your face
if you buy this expecting it to be a glowy bronzer you will be disappointed. if you buy this expecting to add a healthy & natural glow to your face you will be happy.
There isn't much color payoff, but it is a highlighter.... not a bronzer.

This is a damn good highlighter.
it does NOT look glittery, shimmery, fake, etc. it looks natural and healthy and like the glow is coming from within. If you're looking for a product to add glow this is the one!! I enjoy using this.

Cons: expensive. packaging kind of sucks. It looks like you get a lot of product, but you get .27oz which is pretty standard for face powders. if you want to look bronzed youll probably need to put a different bronzer under this.
as with any highlighter, they can accentuate pores so i avoid putting this around my nose area. it does fine near cheekbones, chin, etc

The wedges reminds me of something wet n wild has, but that added glitter and shimmer & this adds natural glow. if that makes sense. On the flip side, I could use the wet n wild megaglow powder as eyeshadow, but this isn't quite as pigmented.
I like this much much much better than the wet and wild "knockoff" (they're not a dupes)

It is expensive. it's not a bronzer, but it is a product to add glow. a bronze toned highlighter.
I would repurchase. I think it adds life to the face in a beautiful way, very natural. It's a great thing to add to your collection. I enjoy using it to finish off the look
it's not a necessity or a rush-out-and-buy product.

on 11/30/2014 9:35:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Nothing I can think of.

Doesn't do much for my face, I think it works better for people with a darker skincolor or people with a tan.
Drying.
Quite expensive.
Useless product.

First bronzer buy in many years - pretty happy with the extra color it adds to my pasty winter complexion. I consider my skin tone to be medium or a bit less, I'm not "fair" skinned, but definitely not naturally tan and this one works well for me bc I wanted the result to be added color (not just a slight shimmer) that's noticeable but not obvious, and I didn't want tons of sparkle or too much shimmer. This bronzer delivers just the right amount of color and shimmer.

on 7/28/2013 8:27:00 PM

Smashbox - Fusion Soft Lights - Baked Starburst Bronzer highlighter

I got this 3.5g sampler size bronzer in a Shopper's Drug GWP sampler kit. I was very impressed and purchased a full size 8.5g size.

It's a very nice color plalette for on top of your liquid or powder foundation. It last the whole day. It gives me a soft bronzer on my face; I don't want to be too dark on my face even with my body is slightly darker, I just want a nice soft glow and brings some of my rosey cheeks out.

Thanks for reading!

on 7/17/2013 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

So I got the full size of this in a set.
I paid a GREAT price for the set, so I got a great value, so in my opinion... I got a great product for the value.
I'm very pale, and I only use this on my cheeks.
It gives me a very healthy glow, not sparkly or chunky or too brown or too silver or gold.
I think I'm one of the skin tones that this actually shows up on.
I will say BE CAREFUL, THIS BREAKS EASILY!
each little pie piece of color will detach from the others when dropped.
Overall the texture is awesome, very fine.
Very pretty soft color, I LOVE this product.
Would buy again for sure but wish they would find a way for it not to break.

on 1/23/2013 9:08:00 PM

This stuff is lame... If you have any chance of breaking out, you will. It doesn't really show up, so you have to cake it on...probably not the best thing...I could see this being useful to add a little glow to an area, but not as a bronzer, and not for you girls who are going to breakout. For the money..it's just not worth it. Junk.

on 10/16/2012 1:34:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle).

My friend who is very fair skinned recommended this to me as a bronzer. I realized after purchasing this product that it is a bronzey-tinted highlighter.

However, I LOVE using this as a bronzer. It adds such a healthy sheen and color to my temples and cheeks. When in a rush, I can use this for bronzer, highlighter, and blush.

I like applying with my Real Techniques blush brush, because it is dense enough to pick up the product but soft enough to blend.

I have almost dead-panned this highlighter I use it so much. Took me about 2 years.

on 8/16/2012 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

If you're darker than NC 30 in MAC, this isn't going to show up. I match NC 40. So why 3 stars? Because it's found other ways to serve me.
-I've found it's great to tone down a a too-dark blush. I'm currently using it over a matte coral that's too chalky by itself. But the beige shimmers (smooth and fine) do a nice job of making the coral look lighter and more wearable.
-The brown shades make fantastic eyeshadows for when I want to look polished but not made-up. The colours are very warm, non-frosty and the texture is ridiculously fine, so with a 224/217, brush the colours diffuse beautifully without a lookie-I'm-wearing-eye-shadow feeling. They really brighten up tired eyes.
-These days I'm also trying out a light dusting UNDER my eyes, right where I'm wearing concealer. I've got pretty bad dark circles (I've got other reviews for correctors and stuff, if you're interested) and matte setting powders make me look too made-up. The highlighter is so sheer, it sets the creamy concealer without adding more pigment, and the hint of shimmer gives the eye region a bit of a brighter boost.
All in all, not the wisest purchase (I got it cheap on a blog sale). But if, like me, you're stuck with it, I hope the tips help you get some use out of it.

on 2/17/2012 1:50:00 PM

Like others have said, not enough pigment. With other bronzers, a couple of swipes with a brush gives me enough color, but not with this. As a shimmer, it works well, but don't expect it to replace bronzer in your makeup routine.

Popular Highlighters