April 17, 2014 | 905 users online

Scrubs - Boots - No 7 Micro-Dermabrasion

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 9:00:00 PM More reviews by screensiren

This is my favorite exfoliator ever! nothing else compares. I love to use it twice a week at night time. It really works to improve the texture of skin

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 8:03:00 AM More reviews by lborkowski

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this scrub. I used to use either my Clarisonic Plus or Kiehl's Epidermal Re-texturizing Micro-dermabrasion, but for some reason I felt my Clarisonic was making be break out (even after regular disinfecting with hydrogen peroxide) and at $40+ a tube for my Kiehl's scrub, I was on a search for an alternative....and this scrub was it! You just need to make sure you are using the scrub correctly...on a clean, wet face using light circular motions. I have very sensitive, acne prone skin so finding an effective yet gentle enough scrub has been so difficult. I don't care for the other scrubs with soft micro-beads as I feel they were not as effective, and scrubs with ground walnut shells would irritate and inflame my acne....so this scrub is PERFECT!!! I am also allergic to synthetic fragrances in my cosmetic products and since this product does not have any synthetic fragrance, it does not irritate my skin. I follow-up with either my Thayer's Rose Petal Witch Hazel or an SLS-free cleanser and something soothing and non-pore clogging like my Medicine Mama's Sweet Bee Magic cream....trying to use more natural products. I swear, using this scrub in my regimine has kept my acne at bay!!! I will definitely re-purchase again and again....and saves me so much $$$$ :)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2013 7:04:00 AM More reviews by BassKitten808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm not a fan of this, personally I don't think it's abrasive enough to give you an efficient enough exfoliation to even be considered microdermabrasion.Yes, the grains are very, very fine..almost too fine and there's not enough of them in there. It's mostly just a thin white runny cream with few super fine scrubby bits. It's very gentle, so those with sensitive skin that doesn't need too much exfoliation might enjoy this, but my skin though somewhat sensitive, needs something more substantial than this. One of the things I did like is that there's no added fragrance in this, so again, great for sensitive skin. This didn't dry out or irritate my skin and it rinses off completely clean but that's about it. I was looking for a cheaper alternative to the Olay Regenerist Microderm which I love, but this just didn't quite do it for me. I think I can actually get a better exfoliation from my normal scrub then I can this. Maybe my skin is just more problematic and finickier than most people's skin but if you are looking for a good microdermabrasion scrub, try the Olay one, it's definitely more abrasive and a little pricier but it will give you the softest skin ever. This did pretty much nothing for me.

PROS:
-unscented
-squeeze tube packaging
-hypoallergenic
-cheaper than most other microdermabrasion exfoliators
-rinses off clean with no residue
-good for sensitive skin

CONS:
-not efficient enough exfoliation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 9:18:00 AM More reviews by lobiroxy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As a former manager of an aesthetics clinic I'm super-picky about what I use on my skin which is Retin-A delicate and sensitive. After I ran out of my Obagi ZO scrub that costs $100 a jar, I got fed up and looked for an alternative. I bought this product at Target (I like the Boots No. 7 brand) for ten dollars and was willing to give it a try. Here's what I like: gentle, sugar-like grains (not those annoying synthetic beads), very little if any fragrance, not overly aggressive, and washes away cleanly giving me a radiant scrubbed face that's not bright red. A great inexpensive alternative to the high end scrubs.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2012 10:26:00 PM More reviews by azgirl929

Finally a product that does what it says!! My face has never looked refreshed and smooth. It's very easy to use, just ensure you read the specific instructions. I use it 1-2x weekly and a little goes along way. You can get it for under $15.00 when you use one of Ulta's coupons. Here's to a clean, fresh, smooth look.... enjoy!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Lecitroen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

After overdoing it with a glycolic cleanser one day, my skin was at its worst. I had already been concerned with acne and fine lines, so things were looking down. I took a break from the glycolic cleanser and purchased Boots Micro Dermabrasion scrub. I was highly doubtful of its claims, despite the positive reviews I'd read. How is it possible to achieve dramatic results without seeing a Dermatologist? Thankfully I was wrong!

The first day of use, my skin felt very soft after I rinsed it off. I followed the directions and didn't see any unusual redness or "blotchiness". I scrubbed lightly but evenly for 2 minutes. The next night I looked at my skin and determined there was no visible reason not to use the scrub again. Once again, my skin felt soft after use. It was hard to stop the streak, because the results were very promising. I took a day off after 4 days of continued use. Today is one week after I purchased the scrub. I looked at my skin in daylight and the texture was ridiculous. My raised scars were flatter. The tone of my skin was even, less redness. In all my years of buying products, I've never been 100% happy with one. I've read about reviewers having HG products and I can finally say this is mine! I really hope this product is never discontinued! It has made me less self-conscious about my skin and I look forward to the long-term results!

For the record I just turned 30(eek) and my skin has been losing its natural luster. I have 15 years of acne-prone skin and have a combination of raised and depressed scarring.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2012 2:34:00 AM More reviews by lvrgurl77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This scrub is fantastic makes my skin look younger smooth and brighter. Its the best scrub I've ever tried and I've used a lot of different brands. You must try this and the price is fabulous..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by karissajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this exfoliator it's fantastic! The cleanser is white, and the finely milled specks are white as well. A little goes a long way, a dime size mixed with a little water is all you need for your entire face. I've had this since June and still have about 1/4 of the container left. Great product, great price, and lasts a very long time.
When my face starts acting up, I immediately exfoliate with this and I clear up in a couple days. Give it a try, you won't be dissapointed!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2012 9:48:00 AM More reviews by tricia_g_c

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this yesterday because I wanted a fine grit exfoliator. The St.Ives product is like scrubbing with rock salt. So, I came across this in my internet search and headed to my drugstore to look for it AND it was on sale.
Well, I love it. My face is like glass. I'm recovering from a weird superbad breakout from the last 4 months of 2011 and have no more acne but have a few fading acne scars. I am hoping that this speeds the fading along and brightens my skin. It has already accomplished the second goal.
I'd use it before showering and then rinse in the shower. (Update: After watching Dr. Neal Schultz on youtube, I see that it's better to do it at the END of your showers) Try not to overscrub. I do one section of my face at a time. I did not have the residual stinging that others have had. I didn't notice any objectionable odour. I paid CAD $19 plus 15% off for my tube. It's worth it in my books. A little goes a long way and at 2/3 times a week use, I think it'll last me a while. I'm going to stock up with a couple more tubes while the sale is on.
I like that it's a cream and a tube. I have the neutrogena exfoliator and that packaging is all wrong because it's so liquidy, the pads that they give you are useless, the dropper applicator is ridiculous and it dries too quickly before you can cover your whole face. I should put a review about that too.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2011 7:50:00 AM More reviews by maz165

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this with two other No 7 products on a 3 for 2 deal. It's not life-transforming, but I do notice how smooth and soft my skin feels after using it. I don't necessarily notice any long-term improvement, but it's nice to feel clean and smooth, so I'll definitely buy it in the future and would recommend it.