October 24, 2014 | 995 users online

Treatments (Face) - Chanel - Sublimage

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Maddy60

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My face was parched after a day at the beach, in spite of sunscreen. I had received a sample of this a few months back, dug it out of the drawer, and was amazed at the results. It was like instant hydration, the result you'd get after drinking 8 glasses of water everyday for weeks. My skin felt plump and moist and not at all greasy (the way so many other creams can make your skin feel) And of course as with all Chanel skin care, the scent was amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 11:45:00 AM More reviews by marielclem

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Miraculous results for my skin (age 60 - very dry especially winter). Cannot believe the difference it made. Was considering all types of expensive skin rejuvanation techniques but the cream took care of my major complaints! Product fragrance is divine. Very expensive product but so worth it! Love the packaging and shimmery color of the jar.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2014 6:09:00 AM More reviews by Ab0u913c

I first tried a sample of the cleanser and ended up splashing out and buying it a week later. It was absolutely amazing, smelled divine, removed any traces of make up, and gave a really clean feeling. I ended up testing it with my regular Lancome Doucheur cleanser to see if it had really taken everything off and it had. My skin did feel slightly tight after using it which was fine because when I don't get that feeling I tend to skip moisturiser. I ended up using this every evening for about two weeks but then started to break out. I don't usually break out from products and this was the only thing I had changed in my skin care routine. My skin would have a new big pimple pop up every day.
I love this cleanser and have tried to use it every couple of weeks to try it again because it was so expensive but the result is always the same...
I tried samples of the serum and the cream as well, which hydrated my skin and made it feel so incredibly soft like never before. However, result is the same in the end and it makes me break out. I am so incredibly disappointed by this because my skin isn't usually sensitive to this kind of thing. Make sure you try a sample before you buy!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2014 2:42:00 PM More reviews by sbrissenden

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My first ever review, and only because I feel strongly. It's a good cream and it helps your skin look better, but it is just. not. worth. the. price.

Go forward and conquer if you love Chanel, the beautiful packaging, the nice smell and the feel of pure money on your skin.

It's a good cream. But it's not worth the price. How could it be?

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by alabsi81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am not new to chanel skin care, i have been using Hydramax cream for years when i was in my 20s and it was great and i loved it, i kept buying and buying until i reached my 30s, i kept looking for anti aging products that suit my oily and sensitive skin, i tried alot of products from designer to drugstore and non that i felt completely comfortable with, i spent alot of money on so many products that i didnt even complete the jar/tube, none were good enough for me.

Around 6 months ago i passed by Chanel counter and saw the Sublimage skincare, i completely forgot how much i loved their skincare line before so when i asked for a skin consultation they finally recommended the Sublimage line for my type of skin so i got the cream which i believe is called Fine Texture and the eye cream, and i also got the serum (the sales lady didnt insist on buying it but i wanted it anyways because i wanted the maximum result for my tired skin).

Let me tell you that i have noticed a difference from the first use, i used the products first time at night and i woke up the next morning and my face was so fresh and bright that i couldnt believe it, my skin was feeling "out of life" for a long time and it was a pleasant thing to finally see my skin alive again, i felt like i am in my 20s again.

I am still using the same products, i love them so much that i keep on buying them, the only problem is that i use alot from the face cream, it doesnt stay with me a long time like the serum or the eye cream (they stay around 2 months but facial cream 1 month and i use them twice daily -morning and night), the prices are very high especially the serum it is unbelievable but i know how serums are important and sometimes the most active ingredients come from them.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by bobbyvonmarc

I LOVE the Sublimage line. I have the cleanser, the concentrate, and the cream (Texture supreme).
I tried a few samples before deciding to purchase the items (and I suggest you do the same). The ladies at Chanel counter are usually very generous, so if you are thinking about purchasing it, do not hesitate to ask for samples first.
My impressions of each product:

- Cleanser: very gentle, yet effective. It removes eye shadow and mascara without irritating my eyes. I love the gentle scent of the product as well. The texture is amazing - sort of oily, but non clogging. You can remove it using the little towel that comes with it, or just water (I usually remove it with water only - super quick).

- Concentrate: It took me a little longer to decide to purchase this, as I wasn't sure I needed (I had the cream and it already worked wonders for my skin). The concentrate is different than other serums I have tried. It is quite light (definitely non-greasy) and the best quality in my opinion is how calming and hydrating this product is. I have less spots, less dehydrated patches, less redness. It works wonders as a primer too, evening out my skin tone. (I don't use foundation. I simply apply moisturizer on top of this.)

- Cream: AMAZING!! My favorite product of the line. This is the first product I purchased (and if you can only afford one, this is what I would recommend). My skin has changed after using this. It is more even toned, glowing from within, less fine lines, and it feels overall firmer. I chose texture supreme as my skin can be quite dry sometimes (specially over Winter). The other plus: I don't need an eye cream when using this. It brightens my dark circles and it made my fine lines around the eyes disappear.

I don't need foundation or tinted moisturizer anymore. At least once a week (not kidding) someone tells me how my skin looks nice and ask me which product I use.
I am so happy!
Ladies! Worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by annyinclouds

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is the only cream that works for my eyelids. i don't sleep well so my eyelids go dark. since i started using this product i clearly can see the result. its amazing. i've only been using it for over a week. i love it. day cream is also good but it does't do anything less expensive cream wouldn't do. but eye cream- definitely worth it!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2013 12:14:00 PM More reviews by azur77

I got several samples of this, thank goodness, since I found it highly perfumed and it made my eyes sting/water. Am not normally that sensitive to products so was suprised. Definitely try before you buy!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Straighttalk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Would you go to Pizza Hut for the best steak in town? That would be a no, so why would you go to a makeup counter that started as a fashion house for the best skincare? In my opinion simply because the brand name of Chanel, not so much that its a results driven product. I actually worked for Chanel for years and while working for them never would use their skincare products even though I would receive it free. I would buy Natura Bisse and others because they far surpass the quality and results. Sublimage base it's claims from a type of ingredient called Vanilla Planifolia that they exclusively say they filter in a way called polyfractioning. Basically that means they put in the purest form of that ingredient. In my professional life I have never looked at anyone using this product and asked "Your skin looks amazing what skincare do you use"? I've tried it and personally have never seen any result except that my skin looked hydrated only when I had it on. I saw no miraculous results on myself or anyone else. It has a pleasant scent in my opinion but very strong to most people. Most of there skincare products are highly fragranced anyway. I suggest if your looking for a skincare product that you are wanting to really see great anti wrinkle or lifting results look elsewhere. Look to a company that specializes in the skin not a company that is just iconic for there name.

15 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 6:44:00 AM More reviews by TBirt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this as a gift. I would never spend this amount of money on cream that would end up as acne on my face. However....this is the absolute first cream I have ever been able to put on my face without acne. I have never had dry or oily skin and at age 50 I still don't. I am allergic to all make-up. This product has not made my wrinkles disappear, but it has evened my skin tone, makes my wrinkles less noticeable, made my acne scars less noticeable, and I don't feel so embarrassed to be out in public without makeup. It is worth every dime of money. I am totally shocked that I can use this product. I love it.

Perhaps it's just something about Chanel...Chanel No. 5 perfume is the only perfume I can wear without breakouts or a severe headache.