October 1, 2014 | 1825 users online

Treatments (Face) - Skin Biology - CP Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by Daisydelirium

I'm 24 and already had harsh smile lines coming in that I believe to be the result of many harsh acne products and careless sun exposure. I had used copper peptides on the bikini line years ago after first reading about it on the internet to get rid of ingrown hairs along the bikini area that I had for months. With one application a day and messaging it in toward the direction of the hair growth eventually my ingrown hair came free. I still use it right after shaving the bikini line because it helps stop future razor bumps and irritation. I recently I wanted to attempt this product again in hopes that my skin didn't improve by just luck, but this time on my face. My acne is finally gone for the most part. I was left with a bit of scarring, and like I mentioned earlier, deep smile crevices starting at the age of 22! I read that cp serum helped recreate growth of collagen and build new skin cells. Which would explain how it pushed the ingrown hair out. I have been using it for about 4 straight months now massaging into my trouble area until dry, once in the morning after washing and before make up application and a second time after washing before bed. 4 months later and those lines are pretty much gone and my acne scar divot a bit less noticeable. I went to the derm. today for the first time and he said he couldn't even see any smile lines but oddly had never heard of cp serum or copper peptides which I thought odd... That aside, this stuff lives up to its reviews. My lines are gone but I doubt forever. This stuff keeps then at bay. My only criticism about cp serum is the weird smell and color it tints skin. But with the results Ive seen, I really could care less.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 5:01:00 PM More reviews by Thunderblitz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've definitely seen major firming with using this in just two weeks, so I will definitely repurchase. I don't have acne scars, so I can't comment on that.

Two things to keep in mind: start slow. I use once a day, just six drops total for face and neck. Some people start way to strong and too fast, and then have irritation, using, for instance, Skin Biology's Super Cop or Super CP right off the bat. Start with just a few drops of CP serum, perhaps diluted, and then if you'd like, go to stronger products. I don't actually see a need for stronger products and will stick with this.

Second, I think it's key to exfoliate when using this. At night perhaps use an AHA serum or cream, including any of those provided by Skin Biology.

I think this is reasonably priced. The packaging is basic but effective. The product works, so I don't care - I'd take this any day over something with pretty packaging but an ineffective product.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by Skincaremaven

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using Skin Biology's CP serum for a long time (7 years on and off). It's one of my holy grails- I don't use it all the time, but I always have a bottle around. That said, I've found it's not for everyone.

First, let's get to the very basics:The price is fair. It's not expensive considering how much I use and how long a bottle lasts. The packaging is very practical, which is fine by me. The dropper top is very useful for being able to get the exact amount you want. I'm not really interested in paying for fancy packaging.

Second, Copper peptides are used by other companies, so for all the people claiming that it's only Dr. Pickart, they're wrong. For example, patient education information from Cleveland Clinic (a respected clinic, mind you): http://my.clevelandclinic.org/healthy_living/skin_care/hic_understanding_the_ingredients_in_skin_care_products.aspx

Also- anyone complaining about the color- that's the copper peptides, not artificial color. My skin does not like FDC or DC color in liquids on my skin (I wear gloves when I have to mix food color to decorate ppl's cakes) so if it was, I'd know ASAP. Also, the color changes over time, which it wouldn't if it was a FDC/DC color. It also smells funky, again, due to the copper peptides. Not all effective ingredients look or smell good. Seriously, no marketing person would purposefully color a serum algae-green.

My experience: I've found that copper peptides seem to absolutely need to be used with some kind of acid exfoliating product, whether it's BHA, AHA or Retin-A. I've been a Retin-A user for years- I use Retin-A every other day, and I apply a thin layer of CP Serum before I apply Retin-A. The combination of CP serum and Retin-A seem to improve both products' efficiency while minimizing the irritation factor of Retin-A. I don't see a lot of benefit when I've used cp on its own, and I get more irritation when I use Retin-A by itself. Together, it's great. I have a friend that uses AHAs and CP serum, and she loves it.

*I've found that most people that do not like CP used it by itself without acids- and not all skin likes acid type exfoliation, so if your skin doesn't like acids, CPs may not be for you.

*In fact, I've found that my skin does NOT like the stronger CP products, and the CP creams of any kind make me break out like crazy. For me, CP serum is great, and I've pretty much always come back to it. Super CP serum is the strongest I tolerate, but I prefer the regular CP Serum so I stick to it. The stronger products seriously make me itch like crazy and does my skin no favors. People often start out way too strong. Start with cp serum and dilute it at first. Stronger is so not better with this product. In fact, I refuse to use their stronger products anymore.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2012 8:15:00 AM More reviews by simi531

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

OK, so where to start....I am not using copper peptides all over my face bc I really need them for scar revision. I do use the lacsal serum all over my face and have for over 2 years. There is nothing that compares to that wonderful product. Best exfoliating product ever (used them all I think). But for the copper peptides I just stick to the scars because I really feel that they are, and should be used for, slow skin remodeling. I did not like the way my face looked when I used cp all over it. My eyes did not respond well, although I was of course going to fast with the product bc I am so impatient. As far as my scars go - I have not used this in a while on them and I am going to start again bc it really DID make a huge difference! I have a few "new" crater type scars from cysts that need to be worked on. I did not realize at the time how much better they were looking while using the copper peptides. I will update and I WILL take before and after pictures for you guys (much to my embarrassment, but I will do it for the cause of beauty!!). This way we can all really see if there is a change, real or imagined. It will be a while before we see any changes of course, but will do my best to keep updated pics on my page.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2012 7:35:00 AM More reviews by suemazrn

I have been using CP serum for about 3 years. I started using the serum on my belly for stretch mark removal and then later, used it on my face, neck, and breasts as well. The only negative is that sometimes it can cause my skin to itch terribly but then I ease off for a few days and the problem doesn't reoccur. These peptides, along with acids, have greatly reduced my stretch marks. My marks were very deep and about 7 years old when I started and they are very faint and soft and shallow at this point. I would say I've had a 75% reduction. Now I added needling to my regimen and they are fading more. I have noticed better skin texture and firmness on my face with no negatives at all. I combine this with retin-a which I use twice a week. I will be buying this forever. It has greatly improved my stretch marks and the overall texture/look of my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2012 6:48:00 AM More reviews by damianne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I started using this product along with the exfol serum almost 4 weeks ago. I started off every other day for 10 days undiluted..then switched to every 2 days, undiluted, and then I started noticing some redness and irritation..oh so slight, but i have been super aware as i have read so many reviews of women who claim they have permanently wrecked faces. I then switched gears and started using it diluted 5 drops of cp serum and 3 drops of distilled water, everyday. I am going into the 4th week as I said and there was some purging, I am assuming it was from the exfol, or just change of product, as I previously only used retin a and vitamin c. The purging dried up quickly and my skin is looking the best it has looked in a very long time. I am 37 with fine lines and sun damage..my eyes were also slightly crepey from using retin a on them..i figured the damage would be permanent, but low and behold with 3 weeks my eyes have regained a tautness, my skin glows, and it is definitely starting to remodel. I can tell on my upper cheeks there was a breakout that came back out, then healed and then looked smoother, than before. Its hard to explain, but what i can say is that these products do SOMETHING. they don't just look good and smell good and give you another big nothing, give em to your sister in 6 months. they work. I will update again as I invested in the squalene and hair signals. i have been putting the squalene on my eyes first then the slightly diluted cp serum on top, my eyes love it! no problems. I think you just have to be wiling to go super slow in the beginning, and that has been hard for me. one thing that allowed me to feel like i was going faster was switching to everyday, but diluting..then eventually i will non dilute, and then finally i plan to layer squalene on top as that will push them in even more. I do love my skin right now, am getting carded left and right, and my boyfriend said I look pregnant.. definitely happy!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2012 6:14:00 PM More reviews by lemongrass99

This is actually my first time to write a review on MUA, despite making use of the comments left by other users for years! I thought I'd add my two cents' worth to the debate on Skin Biology CPs... For the past six months, I've been alternating between the GHK and the CP serum every second morning, followed by the Skin Biology squalane, and then using the Paula's Choice retinol serum in the evening. Once a week I use the PC weekly AHA serum for a decent exfoliation. I'm thirty-three, and I must say that my skin looks really very good - tight, glowly, smooth, healthy - although since I started the CPs and the retinol serum at approximately the same time, it is impossible for me to say which product is more to credit for the condition of my skin - it could be that it is the latter. I can at the very least, however, say that I have not experienced any negative side effects from the CPs, although I was careful to build up slowly and I really only use a small amount each morning. The negative comments on this forum do worry me a bit; it seems the results really do vary from person to person, and that caution needs to be exercised. I personally would not upgrade to the Super CP because I don't think my skin needs it yet - although it can sometimes be difficult to resist the temptation of seeing whether it would be possible to have 'even better' skin! Not sure if this is of much help to people considering whether or not to use these products - my skin is in excellent shape, and the CPs have not detracted from it -- that is all I can conclude, hence my score of 4 instead of 5! It is quite possible the CPs are the magic ingredient, but I'll not be able to assess that unless I give up the retinol serum for a while, which I am a bit loathe to do!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by shecutess

wELL SOME PEOPLE LIKE IT SOME DON'T AND THE SAME GOES FOR HOW IT WORKS.

FOR ME IT WORKED. NOT DRAMATICALLY, BUT MY SKIN WAS NOTICABLY SMOOTHER AND SUPPLE. I GOT TIRED OF USING IT SO I STOPPED AND IT WENT OLD. BUT I WISH I CONTINUED BECAUSE NOW I HAVE TO GO BUY MORE AND WILL. IM FROM THE BAHAMAS...

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2012 11:39:00 AM More reviews by marba1

I have been ordering CP Serum since 2000's but every time I receive the product I got excited until I put it on my skin. I have never finished a bottle because I soon stop using this serum. This time around I ordered because of a new scar but after the first using it, I didn't put on on the 2nd time. I don't think it will work. THE PRODUCT HAS A STRONG FRAGRANCE, may be why I don't care to keep using it, on top of the DARK BLUE COLOR, I think the color is artificial :-( MY SKIN PROTESTS WHEN THIS PRODUCT IS ON. I know Dr. Pickart have SEVERAL WEBSITES/DOMAINS but in his STUDIES I DON'T SEE PROOF OF SCAR REDUCTION, WRINKLE REDUCTION or anything.. NO PHOTOS OF BEFORE AND AFTER!!!!!!!! After 12 years of on and off on his CP SERUM, today, I believe Dr. Pickart SCAMS people / mostly internet WOMEN/USERS. I DON'T RECOMMEND IT. I DON'T BELIEVE IN HIS NEWEST STORY THAT*** "RETIN-A/RETINOIC ACID STIMULATES TGF-BETA 1- scar like collagen"** AS HE IS THE ONLY ONE IN THE INTERNET TO BE SPREADING THIS NEWS... I HAVE SEARCHED OVER AND OVER, AND HE AND PEOPLE WHO COPIES HIS DATA ARE THE ONLY ONES WRITING THIS TYPE OF CLAIMS...

I URGE DR. PICKART TO PROOF HIS CLAIMS AND PRODUCE BEFORE AND AFTER IMAGES. HIS PRODUCTS ARE BEEN SOLD SINCE 1997 AND HE HAS ZERO BEFORE AND AFTER IMAGES FOR SCARS... HIS BEFORE AND AFTER IMAGES ARE FROM / IF THEY ARE TRUE/ A SEVERAL COMBINATION OF AHA + CP SERUM.. NOT FROM HIS COPPER ALONE, IF HIS BEFORE AND AFTER ARE FOR REAL.....

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 1:26:00 AM More reviews by vpnyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been looking for this product on MUA and found it. Great because I have been using the CP for about a year. There are only two things that I don't like about the CP. First the smell and secondly the uncomfortable itchy feeling I get when I have put too much on. Well, I can certainly get past those two things because this product is brilliant. I use this quite sparingly on my face, carefully avoiding my eye area. I had heard that It is possible to damage the sensitive skin around the eyes with this product. I also use the serum on my chest area. For me this was the real test for the product. My face has always been in reasonably good shape. The Super CP has help me keep my firmness. The crepy texture of my chest was beginning to bother me quite a bit. I start applying the serum on a regular basis and will say that after about 2 weeks, with only 2 applications per week I started to notice a remarkable change. The skin is wonderfully firm and better than it has been in years. I think this all happened because of over tanning. I would recommend this product. Start with the regular serum first then after the bottle is gone move to the Super Cp.