Dior Hypnotic Poison

This smells like Tabu with a large dose of powder and some vanilla on me, It's pleasant but nothing too special.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

My boyfriend thinks this is the sexiest scent ever (so I got it as a present) but I don't like it at all! I still gave it 3 stars because of how much he loves it..

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love, love, love. I have adored many fragrances in my life, but this may be my favorite of them all. It is a yummy vanilla scent.... but in a totally sexy, deep, spicy, and intoxicating kind of way... not at all juvenile or cheap smelling (like so many vanilla scents out there). I don't think I could ever grow tired of this masterpiece.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This was once an amazing beauty. The original EDT, which was awe inspiring because it projected more like an EDP. It was rich and beautiful. I bought a bottle recently and it was not the same. It was as if the old EDT was an EDP and the one that is out now is a watered down EDT version of it. It still has the DNA of Hypnotic Poison, but it is much lighter, and doesn't project as well. Sad, but this is true of many of the classic scents of yesteryear that used to command attention, but now hardly whimper.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

It's my all time favorite. I love it. A perfect vanilla fragrance , especially for fall/winter. It is sweet ,warm and sexy.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I don't get the constant hype for the whole poison line, I really don't. It's all cloying to the max, overly sweet and synthetic and totally one dimensional and cheap smelling - for me personally nauseating and instantly causing severe headaches.
And apart from that, at least in Germany, everybody and her mum are wearing this, and to put it in mild and friendly words, mostly the younger and older tacky "girls" - they seem to adore this. Totally irritating and an interesting thought why this line is so successful...

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I've always steered clear from the Poison line because I associate it with a very heady type of fragrance. Not my cup of tea, or so I thought....

I dislike vanilla in a fragrance, and oriental fragrances, period. Just doesn't work with my body chemistry. While at Sephora during this past winter, I spritzed on HP out of curiosity. Never in a million years did I think an oriental, vanilla would stop me in my tracks.....in a good way! The vanilla doesn't morph on my skin into a giant bottle of vanilla extract, and there's another distinct smell; however, cannot place it for anything. All I know is it doesn't smell like a lot of fragrances on the market today. People say they smell almonds, or almond cookies, but I don't smell almonds. However, do smell sandalwood, a creamy vanilla and spicy caraway. When people write they smell play-doh, I have to laugh. There is a slight play-doh smell, but trust me, HP smells a lot better than play-doh.

I first wore this during the winter with jeans, turtleneck and boots. What a perfect fragrance to wear. When spring arrived, tucked my sample away. Couldn't fathom wearing this during spring and summer. Well, one day I just had to wear this during a hot summer day to see if it would be suitable. Oh my.....the warm sweetness of HP is perfect for summer. As a matter of fact, do prefer wearing it in summer over winter.

Never thought I would have a bottle shaped like a red apple on my vanity. Do think it adds a certain charm.

HP isn't a fragrance I wear every day, it's a fragrance I wear when I need a break from my usual florals and fruity/florals, and it delivers!

If you're looking for a non-cloying, rich and heady, spicy vanilla, recommend testing HP.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is my signature fragrance, I've went through a bottle a year since discovering it in 2001. I love it so much, but it has been reformulated. It is not as strong or as sexy as it used to be. I try to find bottles without the gold ring around the top, but I'm starting to want a new signature fragrance. This is also a perfume that will get you noticed and you will receive compliments, but if you tell people what you are wearing, they will go out and buy it. I hate that really, it just kills the special quality you have with the perfume. Also this is a try before you buy perfume. It's very sweet, almost smells like root beer with tonka beans, vanilla, jasmine & spices. I just adore it so much, and I wear it year round too.

So my advice is to buy the older version and don't tell anyone what it is!

Vanilla scent. I would be complimented once or twice a week regarding this scent. Made me feel sexy. 4/5 because a bit strong.

Popular Fragrances