July 25, 2014 | 1915 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Hypnotic Poison

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2014 9:03:00 PM More reviews by lyswa

I absolutely love this scent on me. It's got more of a winter/nighttime quality to it but I wear it all the time. Its name is incredibly accurate as the smell is truly mesmerizing. I'm so in love with the sandalwood base notes mixed with oriental vanilla. Smells much more expensive than the actual cost (about &80 at Sephora). I will DEFINITELY be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2014 10:51:00 PM More reviews by ljanelle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wore this today and oooooh it's such an exotic, beautiful smell! Probably better for the colder months, but I got a bit dressed up today and wanted an exquisite smell to go with my new outfit! I have a decant, will definitely be picking up a full bottle this fall! My daughter will definitely be borrowing this. =)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by mariacristinatoca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

OMG... Divine!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2014 5:43:00 AM More reviews by x0hannahp66

Obsessed! I was on the hunt for a new perfume that would attract 'males'.. for me, if im going to smell good I want to appeal to everyone and particularly, men. I am the kind of girl who does her research before buying anything.. so, I googled scents that men like, and after heaps of research there were about 15 perfumes or so that stood out to me and were frequently repeated in questionaires that males/guys had answered. I then researched all these perfumes on fragrantica.com and even made an excel document of all the results so that I could compare them. (yes I am THAT cray) long story short, I shortened the list down to 3 pefumes which I then went and bought and I found that when I wore this scent (Dior- Hypnotic poison) not only did i LOVE the scent but I also recieved ridiculous amounts of compliments from males and females. Research paid off and I can happily say this is my signature and all time favourite scent! Do yourself a favour and ATLEAST go to the shops and spritz some on yourself :) you won't be dissapointed! X

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2014 12:46:00 PM More reviews by BeaP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I felt this fragrance everywhere when I was in Italy two years ago. I'm sure it is one of the most popular perfumes there. For my nose it's all about vanilla, almond and coconut, has enormous sillage ad longevity. It's a bit one-dimensional, as everything is sweet in it. I think it suits the stereotypical Italian perfectly, because it's loud, sensual, but rather a family-lover than a party-goer. Although I like this scent, I can only appreciate it on others, because it's too strong for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by sweet_like_honey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my latest HG everyday fragrance. I work at a medical office, so wearing a powerful, overbearing scent is a no-no. Hypnotic Poison is very soft, warm, and friendly.

When I first sprayed this, I smelled root beer. I like root beer but I don't necessarily want to smell like it. But then, after the dry down, I couldn't get enough of that enticing vanilla scent. Vanilla fragrances are my go-to because they just work the best with my chemistry. This one is a grown-up vanilla, though- a sexier vanilla.

I agree with the other reviewers that this is a boyfriend-friendly fragrance. It won't give you that headache that some other scents will when you get too close to it. It's a good scent to wear when snuggling :)

Hypnotic Poison is very easy to wear, so I'd recommend it to anyone who likes vanilla notes in their perfume. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because it doesn't last all day, so I have to re-spray.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 11:59:00 AM More reviews by Mizmoneypenny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A close friend started wearing this and one day I gave her a hug and smelt the most cozy, yummy and warm scent I had ever smelt. I crossed that " not wearing your friends fragrance line" and went out and got myself a bottle ( I asked her first haha)

I have worn many fragrances over the years but never have I felt so comfortable and snugly as I do in this one. I feel like it invites people to lean in closer to you and have found that men love it ( its foody/ gourmand for sure)

It has far more class than Angel, it's mature but not " old" it's day and night in the right weather and I use only 2 sprays one on the back of my neck and one on one forearm. It's a true skin scent after a couple of hours it just radiates off you gently and warmly.

When people say they get a Barbie doll plastic hint I know what they mean but I find that scent nice.

Please try it for yourself. Words can't really do this scent justice although I have tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2014 2:05:00 PM More reviews by Lareesa3000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this! I've been using it since 2010, it's absolutely timeless. I used to mix this with normal vanilla perfume/spray, it compliments it beautifully.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by JillyBalboa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this fragrance! I have been using it for years! It smells absolutely amazing - and smells completely different on everyone. I smell vanilla, spice and black liquorish. The staying power is very good. No need to reapply. I ran out a few months before Christmas this year but was instructed not to buy it for myself.. So I had to wait. It was a loooong few months. I missed my 'signature scent' so much I didn't feel like myself. I wear this everyday and get a lot of complements! People always comment that I smell amazing but not overwhelming. Just right. Love love love.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2014 10:42:00 AM More reviews by delectante

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Hypnotic Poison is smooth, dark, rich, slick, and suave, like a very charming guy whom you discover is really a jerk. I like it (the fragrance, not that sort of dude). It reminds me of cola spiked with brandy next to a dish of steaming, creamy vanilla pudding thickened with almond paste. Yes, there is a slight sweetish Play Dough note due to the vanilla or bitter almonds, but the lush, almost wet, jasmine does a good job taking the edge off this unintentional plastic accord. HP smells like dessert and drinks, though it evokes the long subsequent hours between the sheets—the aftermath of the digestif. This is what I hoped BBW Warm Vanilla Sugar would smell like. HP is the scent of the girl who plays along with the player and then enchants his best friend a few days later, the scent of the evil-eyed, smirking Snow Queen who has a powerful narcotic flowing through her veins. I think once I finish my sample, a full bottle is in my future. I subtracted one point because HP has mediocre staying power for me, especially given how pricy the juice is, but to be fair, my skin devours perfume. The only EDT concentration I find that lasts is Light Blue, so I have to wait until the rumored EDP of HP is released in America. Notes: coconut, bitter almond, caraway, jasmine sambac, tuberose, cinnamon, moss, jacarander wood, vanilla, musk.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No