badchix84's review of Avene Cicalfate Creme Restauratrice


128 reviews

84% would repurchase

Package Quality: 4.2

Price: $$$

Package Quality: 4.2

Price: $$$


Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Glycerin, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Zinc Oxide, Propylene Glycol, Polyglyceryl-2-Sesquiisostearate, PEG-22/Dodecyl Glycol Copolymer, Aluminum Sucrose, Octasulfate, Aluminum Stearate, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Copper Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Zinc Sulfate.


Age: 25-29

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Other

Eyes: Brown

Does this stuff actually work? I'm not so sure if it does. I went to this high-end drugstore one day because I needed something to alleviate my staph/impetigo scars and scratches I got. A nice, helpful lady gave me a generous sample so my skin could get better within a couple weeks. I'm on day 11 on this stuff, and although I am getting better, I can't honestly say that it's because of this cream. I've been surfing the internet high and low to find reviews on this product and about 98% of them are raving about it. The other 2 percent say that it doesn't really work...I'm beginning to believe that it doesn't.
When I looked through the website, I saw the before (Day 1) and after (Day 14) pics of the skin injuries...being on Day 11, I can tell you I am FAR from looking like the effects reported on Day 14. Anyone who would be looking at my face might think I should be on Day 5 or 7. Not only is this product slightly disappointing, but it's also really difficult to find in the states (since it's a European product) and it's pricey ($23 USD for a skinny, small tube)! Anyway, I'm still getting better, but I think by the time my sample runs out, I'm just going to regularly moisturize and use sunblock until the scars fade off and scratches heal on their own.

Update after 15 days: Okay, I'm really not impressed with the results. Ladies, do yourself a favor and invest in a cheaper alternative such as Neosporin or Aquaphor. Better yet, try an oil-free moisturizer packed with sunscreen over buying this stuff. The key to healing your skin is to moisturize like an OCD maniac and protect your skin from the sun, not spend it on expensive creams/lotions that take a while to work (I obviously need to listen to my common sense more).

Read all 128 reviews of Cicalfate Creme Restauratrice

Back to Top