felgoj's review of Philip Kingsley Moisture Balancing Conditioner


8 reviews

75% would repurchase

Package Quality: 3.6

Price: $$$

Package Quality: 3.6

Price: $$$


Aqua (water), Cetearyl Alcohol, Amodimethicone, Cetimonium Chloride, Tridecth-12, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Cetylpyridinium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Parfum (perfume).


Age: 36-43

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium

Eyes: Brown

I got this conditioner as part of the Jet Set kit (I wanted to try Elasticizer) & used the included conditioner & shampoo in tandem w/the treatment.

I like the conditioner a lot but I am not a fan of its silicone content (I'm trying to avoid it) so I really don't know whether I'd give it another go-round after I finish this small bottle... I would like to, it works really nicely & it's improving the texture & behavior of my damaged hair, but the silicone... ugh.

Presently it detangles my hair beautifully, it takes a MUCH smaller amount to slip through my hair than 99% of all other conditioners I've ever tried (the other 1% are conditioners I loved & worked just as well but have all been discontinued), sinks into the hair to actually moisturize it (not simply coat the surface), rinses out nicely, & afterward it actually leaves my previously-fried crispy hair feeling soft & restored to health, shine, bounce, movement.... Is this the result of a few days of Moisture Balance conditioner, or the PK Elasticizer treatment I applied last week, or the combination of both? IDK yet.

Someone else said that Elasticizer works best with Moisture Conditioner..they're not absolutely necessary together, but I have to agree. They are both excellent products in their own right, & if you don't mind the (painful) expense they are both worth having.

I just can't justify a 5 rating on account of the amodimethicone.. I still want to get away from that stuff as much as possible. For now I will tolerate some from Philip Kingsley .. but only temporarily & sporadically..

2 of 2 people found this helpful.

Read all 8 reviews of Moisture Balancing Conditioner

Back to Top