Spectro Spectro Jel Cleanser for Blemish-Prone Skin (Fragrance Free)

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Spectro Spectro Jel Cleanser for Blemish-Prone Skin (Fragrance Free)
No Title

4.4

Aqua, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Hydroxypropyl Methocellulose, Polysorbate 20, Cetyl Alcohol (moisturizer), Hydrated Silica, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Diazolidinyl Urea, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Sorbitan Oleate.

on 6/13/2016 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HG status!! I have been using this product for many many years (over 15) and it's the only facial cleanser that I truly trust. It's a gentle cleanser that keeps my face feeling thoroughly clean and does not break me out or irritate my skin. It has a gel like consistency and does not lather - but a little goes a long way. This one in particular is fragrance free which I love. Overall its a no frills type of cleanser but it really does get the job done and keep my break outs at bay. Note, that this product does not remove make up, so it's important to double cleanse by using a cleanser that will remove make up first (I recommend Boscia Make-Up break up cooling cleansing oil).

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have used Spectro way before the cetaphil/cerave craze. I first got introduced to it by my dermatologist when I was 15 and started using it to wash my face when I had no makeup on. Nowadays I wear makeup during the day so I cannot use it for my night routine but recently, I had a period of very sensitive, wind chafed and over exfoliated skin and decided to go back to Spectro. The foaming cleansers I had were all too stripping for my aggravated skin. I used a super simple skincare routine for two weeks and my skin went back to normal: Spectro, Kohakuhada lotion and a thick layer of Avene XeraCalm AD Balm.

Now I use Spectro in the morning to remove the excess oil on my nose and forehead, plus its plush gel formula makes my skin more moist, which helps everything else-skincare, sunscreen, makeup-to adhere more easily to my skin later. I got a huge bottle from costco for the normal size's price and I'm so glad I have my trusty gentle cleanser with me once more.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is the ONLY cleanser that doesn't leave my face feeling tight and parched, as most anti acne cleansers are wont to do. It also effectively cleans my skin, so I'm not oily or shiny.
You see, I have the ULTIMATE in combination skin (eczema patches and acne prone in my t-zone) and after about ten years of trying various cleansers that claim to be gentle and non-irritating, I have found my HG cleanser. One that actually feels soothing on my eczema.

My favorite part is the texture; it's like moisturizer. It helps to glide your hands over any acne or irritated skin, lessening any further irritation. It's also fragrance free (really! unlike some other brands that make similar, but false, claims--I'm looking at you Clinique!). It also contains absolutely no foaming ingredients, which feels really weird the first few times, but your skin will thank you for it!

It also works really well with the clarisonic. It provides a nice slippery surface for the brush to get to work.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I use to use the Effaclar moose cleanser by La Roche Posay & you'd think that at 30 something dollars a pop it would work wonders... But for me it didn't. The formulation was way too harsh on my skin and though it effectively cleansed my face of makeup, my face felt tight and moisture was completely stripped. I'm not saying it's a horrible cleanser, but for sensitive dry skin it didn't work. So I switched to Spectro Jel. And honestly, I used this years ago and still it remains my favourite. It leaves my skin clean AND soft. I have no issues taking off my makeup. The Jel isn't harsh at all and there's no added frangrance(which can cause breakouts). My skin is clear, soft and subtle. I love this stuff! I use it every morning with Aveeno Positively Radian daily moisturizer with SPF 15 & at night with Aveeno Positively Radiant Night Cream & my skin has never felt or looked better. :)

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Love, love, LOVE this cleanser. I've been struggling to find the perfect cleanser for ages and I've finally found it. After about 2 weeks use my skin has never looked and felt better. It's such a gentle cleanser that it doesn't irritate any existing blemishes and it being fragrance free is even better. Sure, it doesn't smell pretty but fragrance free products are better for your skin.

Definitely recommend !

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this product when I was 11 (4 years ago) and I've been using it on and off. I do like this cleanser and it makes my face feel very clean and moisturized. It's a very basic cleanser with a cheap price. I doubt it would give anyone severe reactions since none of the ingredients are problematic, so give it a try! It's got a nice gel consistency and the smell is tolerable. They say there is no fragrance but I smell a faint alcohol. The only thing is, it's so basic a cleanser! If you've got skin that you love, or skin that you want to stay the exact same, buy this cleanser! It cleanses your skin fantastically and it won't make you break out or have allergic reactions. But it didn't improve my skin so I gave it a 4. To get the most out of this cleanser, wet your face first. Use 1-2 pumps, spread it out on your hands. Then, gently, massage your whole face focusing on areas where you usually get oilier or where you have breakouts or blackheads. Massage for 30 mississippis. Then rinse off. Make sure you rinse throughly or you might leave a film. Overall though, this cleanser isn't bad and definitely a drugstore buy if you've got a tight budget. I prefer the Bioderma Purifying Foaming Gel Cleanser, so that can also be an option, though if you have sensitive skin, this Spectro jel is better. Give it a try if you want something basic and effective :)

on 3/2/2012 12:40:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've used this off and on over the years in my quest for the perfect cleanser. I couldn't recall why I stopped using it years back till now. It left me with several chin cysts. I rarely get cysts unless I mess with products that cause them. I mostly get little wee papules from cosmetics, with the occasional rash of hormonal zits.
Anyway, encouraged by how gentle this was and the rave reviews, I gave it a try for a week. Bad choice for me. I knew this would not remove makeup, but I never expect any cleanser to do this, so currently I use Clean & Clear makeup remover cloths, before my wash, sometimes BP, and moisturizer.

Anyway, I used this with my wee silicone face buff/scrub thing for thirty seconds. Even used in the shower, with plenty of rinsing, I felt "filmy".

I figure this isn't for me because it a) left a film I couldn't remove b) left me with more oil production c) irritated me for whatever reason due to some mystery ingredient I've yet to identify.

I think most folks are fine to use this, but I'm frustratingly doomed to walk this earth in search of my perfect cleanser. Currently back on Alba Pineapple Enzyme cleanser, which I do love, especially in summer, but am finding a bit drying in the winter months.
*le sigh*

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

After seeing the great reviews on this product, I thought I'd try it out. My skin breaks out mainly during that time of month, but I wanted to get a new cleanser that would be gentle on my skin. After using this product for the past two weeks, I've been breaking out in blemishes ALL over my face. They are not red, but I have tiny bumps every where! I have no idea why this has been happening, and the only change I've made in my skin care routine has been using this cleanser. On days I have not used this cleanser, my skin started to clear up. But again I used it today and my skin broke out even more. I am SO disappointed and really upset, because I bought two big bottles of this stuff! I only used this cleanser in the morning with my Clarisonic, so it wasn't that it left makeup residue on my face. Maybe this cleanser is just too gentle to clean regular oil build up during the night. I don't recommend this. :(

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

My holy grail cleanser. I simply love this product. I have very sensitive temperamental skin and it is SOOOO difficult to find a cleanser that doesn't cause me problems. I googled "cleansers for sensitive skin" and I was lucky enough to come across a site that recommended this product.

I order from well.ca and I get the large 500mL bottle. Yes the shipping is expensive if you live outside Canada, but it is totally worth it.

As with every any cleanser that is not oil based, I would not recommend this as a makeup remover. However that is simply my preference, since I have skin that clings to makeup and I always need an oil based product to coax it off. But I am sure there are many people who can use this to take off their makeup and it works just fine on its own.

As a basic everyday cleanser, this is the best I have found so far!

on 11/21/2010 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

THIS IS THE BEST CLEANSER! It makes my skin feel so clean, soft, and refreshed. There is hardly any make-up residue on the pad when I use toner after cleansing with this. I massage it into my skin for about 45 seconds to a minute and it removes my moisturizer with SPF, mascara, powder foundation, and long-lasting concealer. It never irritates my sensitive skin and contains no fragrance or other potentially irritating ingredients. This cleanser has also improved the tone and texture of my skin.