Aspirin Mask

Price: $

C₇H₆O₃

on 11/12/2014 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Never in a million years did I think this would work,after reading all the great reviews on this mask I had to try it out. The first time I tried this mask I crushed 8 uncoated aspirin on a plate using only a few drops of water (very tiny amount of water) using a clean makeup brush I applied to my face avoiding my eye and mouth area,I left on for about 10mins before washing off with warm water my skin felt amazing, I've spent so much time and money on products to help my skin nothing has worked like this mask. My acne scars have faded no more brake outs and black heads have totally disappeared. I now use lemon juice instead of water and aloe Vera gel the gel helps to keep the mask on your face without the annoying flaking,and the lemon juice is awesome for oily skin,I now leave the mask on for 20-30mins. I try to do this twice a week the results are shocking honestly you need to give this a go. I wouldn't recommend doing this mask too often tho as aspirin apparently thins out the blood

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I love the asprin mask.
I thought I did a review for this a few years back but I didn't see it here.
I have been using this mask for about 12 years. It is great. It really helps with blemishes and also brightens the skin.
My only complaint would be that it is flaky if used with water alone. Which I find to be the best way to use even though it will dry and flake off (not all of it but tiny specks that can get into your eyes OUCH!)
I have also tried it with the honey and my cleanser. I prefer it with one of the following instead of honey.
Milk, coconut oil, a lightweight oil after desolving into a paste in water first,I use these ONLY if my skin needs moisture or if I am using the mask multiple times in a week, or my cleanser.
I still usually only use this with water as I find it to yeld better results. If I am going to be moving around quite a bit doing things around the house and really need to be careful about the flakes this is the only time I will mix with other products.
It really does help with the blemishes, clogged pores, blemishes under the skin, brightening, scars, and exfoiliation. It does provide a lightweight peel.
I have recently been using it with my Biore Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser and the results are amazing. I love the fresh cool feeling the cleanser provides. Used alone you barely feel the cooling sensation of the cleanser but used together it is AMAZING. I love that fresh cool feeling on my skin. I know some people do not like it but this cleanser does not provide too much of a cooling sensation like some do that even hurt when you put water on your face. This one is just very slightly but used with the mask OMG i love it lol

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Just tried my first Aspirin Mask last night - Awesome! I used a little tea cup and added 7 aspirin to 2tbs lemon juice. Mixed to a paste and put on my face for about 10min. Removed with baking soda mixed with water. Put a thick layer of lotion on after. My skin looks/feels awesome this morning. Great for acne and gives a nice glow.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Aspirin is one of the best sources for Salicylic Acid plus when you purchase an economy size bottle of the generic or store brand, it's dirt cheap! Salicylic Acid is great for a number of different beauty woes. First and foremost is for acne-sufferers. Unlike Benzoyl Peroxide (which is used to actually kill the bacteria that brews inside of a pimple), Salicylic Acid dissolves dead skin cells. This is great for acne as it helps to keep pores unclogged. It also helps with the VISIBLE appearance of pores, and it makes skin SUPER soft. Salicylic Acid CAN be drying and irritating, so I recommend using it in small doses, using it every couple of days and using an oil-free moisturizer afterward. These are especially important points to remember for acne sufferers who are also dry or have sensitive skin. I recommend starting by using only 4-5 aspirin pills (crushed to a fine powder) and mixing it with soothing ingredients like honey, as other members have pointed out. However, if you are like me and have very oily skin and skin that is about as sensitive as stainless steel, then by all means, use more pills (about 7) and mix with other drying ingredients such as lemon juice. I will actually mix my aspirin with other pre-made masks that already contain salicylic acid (such as Clinique Total Turnaround Instant Facial Mask) and leave it on for about 45 minutes. This is NOT what I recommend for beginners or for Sensitive Sally's. :0)
Another great purpose/effect of Salicylic Acid is anti-aging. Why Spend HUNDREDS of dollars on Anti-Aging Skincare just to put it on top of dead skin cells??? It doesn't soak in as well, and the benefits are not penetrating the live skin.
When it comes to Aspirin Masks and Salicylic Acid, start "slow and low" so that you don't have adverse reactions. You will know if your skin can handle more and you really don't have to feel bad about taking your time with figuring out the "dosage" you need since the cost of the product is soooo affordable!
A word to the wise, per another review, aspirin masks (when used frequently) can and will thin your blood as some will be absorbed into your bloodstream through your skin. Remember, your skin IS an organ, afterall!! Also, protect your "new" skin with oil-free hydration, antioxidants and SPF!! You may or may not be sensitive to fragrance or dyes after an aspirin mask.
- From a Former Clinique, Elizabeth Arden and Mary Kay Beauty Advsior (I've got experience! ; 0)

on 7/31/2012 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Oh my. I had completly forgot about these wonders ;-D Made my skin feel soooo soft. Now on my shopping list :-D

Hey, this is nice!!
I take 3 aspirin
add a few drops of water
mix with some honey
apply on face and wait 7 minutes
ex foliate with the crushed aspirin as i rinse it off!

might try leaving it on longer and just use something else instead of honey.....
hmm.....

on 7/22/2010 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Here's a quick chemistry lesson for those who think aspirin and salicylic acid are the same thing. Aspirin is synthesized when salicylic acid is treated with acetic anhydride. This is where the misconception comes from.
Salicylic acid exfoliates. It stimulates and accelerates cell turn over. This makes it a good medication for black heads.
Acetylsalicylic acid (Aspirin) is an anti-inflammatory. It suppresses prostagladins, a lipid involved in the chain reaction of inflammation. This makes it a good medication for red and inflamed pimples.
What makes salicylic acid products drying is the alcohol that they are mixed with.
What makes a acetylsalicylic acid (Aspirin) masks drying is the lemon juice people use to make it. Another issue is when tablets are used instead of powders. Tablets have binders that can clog pores and can be abrasive and scratch the skin.
When I make an Aspirin mask, I use a Goodies or BC powder and I mix it with enough water to make a paste. Then I apply the mask to my problem areas. That's all you need. It will work. The issue with using an Aspirin mask too often is that it will drop the pH of your skin and cause a chemical burn. The pH of aspirin is 3 and the pH of skin is around 4-5. I mix water with my mask because it's a buffer with a pH of about 7. This decreases the chance of chemical burn.
Use it about 2 times a week. Apply a bit of moisturizer after and viola, more refined skin.

on 6/26/2010 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

So I tried this based on the reviews here. It did make my skin feel soft and my pores closed. However a few hours after using this a red, inflamed, scratch-like mark appeared on my forehead (my skin's sign that I used something too harsh) followed by several large, stubborn acne that's still here even after 3 days. It might work for some but I don't think I'll be trying this again.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

AWESOME.
I don't mind which type of of asprin I use - the dissolvable one or the coated - I love both.
The coated aspirin, when put in water and left to disintegrate, turns into a great exfoliator! It's really grainy and great to use as an exfoliating mask. I just rub it into my face and leave it to dry. My face becomes really soft.
With the dissolvable aspirin, I let it dissolve in a tiny amount of water and apply it to my face in circular motions. It's not that exfoliating but makes my skin feel nice.
Sadly, I can't find huge jars of aspirin anywhere! I have to buy the little packs (a max of 2 at a time) but I will keep looking!

on 4/10/2010 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I saw this from Michelle Phan on youtube and had to try it. I mixed 3 aspirin and mixed it with organic honey. At first I used water, but I've found that apple cider vinegar tones and is a great astringent, although the smell is quite strong. When using this mask, I pat it on since scrubbing is entirely abrasive. Calms redness and brings down swelling of any monster zits I have. Love it