MAC Craving

MAC Craving
MAC Craving l/sCraving

4.8

on 10/9/2016 9:00:00 AM

This was an impulse buy at the airport leaving Buenos Aires because I`ve never seen a MAC lippie sell for $14 US before and these babies were going like hot cakes. So I managed to shoulder my way into the throng of mad women snatching these and sadly, my favorite colors were already gone. Craving was the only shade that looked like something I might be able to pull off, so I grabbed it. Fast forward to October and I am searching my make up drawers for a good burgundy plum color and tried Craving for the first time. What a pleasant surprise! The color is a beautiful pop of intense plum against my fair complexion, absolutely lovely for this season. The formula is amazing too, bordering that sheen/matte appearance and just comfortable and moisturizing on the lips. The wear time is all right, it does show up on coffee cups, but it fades evenly as the day wears on and it`s not so difficult to reapply. Love it and want to try more from this Amplified line.

I really love this beautiful shade of lipstick. It's a medium berry shade and highly pigmented. I might be partial to this lipstick because I wore it on my wedding day and it showed up great in the pictures and wasn't too dark or too red. I had a winter wedding and this is definitely a fall/winter shade in my eyes, it just seems a little too deep for me in spring/summer when I prefer coral shades. The wear time is great - it lasted through the ceremony and dinner before I had to reapply, and even through the rest of the evening I only had to reapply a few times. It's comfortable, not drying, and has a slight sheen. It makes lips look plump and they stand out without being too dark. Overall this is a great shade that I think would suite many people!

I also have Captive which is just a few shades darker. I would not suggest getting both though unless you really love that type of color and want a darker option, as they are very close and have a similar formula (Craving is Amplified so highly pigmented and brighter, and Captive is Satin so it has less shine).

For reference: fair/cool complexion, honey blonde hair, blue eyes.

on 3/17/2015 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is one of my favorite lipsticks shades, MAC or otherwise. It's the perfect medium berry; not too dark, not too bright. The Amplified finish makes for a creamy, easily applied, comfortable wear. It's a bit of a muted shade, in my opinion, and I can pull this off as a neutral with many, many looks. Wear time is that of a normal MAC Amplified lipstick. If I don't eat or drink, I can get lots of hours of wear. It leaves a nice stain behind if given enough time to set on the lips before being touched by food or drink.

on 3/17/2015 3:56:00 PM

This is my first MAC lipstick. I've heard great things about the brand and was excited to get a color. I told the MUA that I was looking for an everyday kind of pink color that I could wear to class. Bold colors are wonderful and I like to wear them, but I needed a go-to color that I could apply to give my lips a bit of color when I don't have time for a full on red or purple lip. Craving is perfect. It applies well and strands out just enough on my lips. Its creamy and needs to be reapplied after eating or drinking, but will last pretty long otherwise and only needs to be refreshed with a lip balm to give it moisture.

on 2/12/2015 2:58:00 PM

Probably would not buy this again just because I feel it's not stand out enough to buy again. Sort of goes on my lips as blood red. Saw in a pic on me and thought it looked quite nice so im torn between giving 3 lippies or 4. It's definitely not a spring summer colour. I jus think there are much nicer MAC shades out there!

on 1/29/2015 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have pale skin and very vibrant copper hair so I sometimes struggle to find lipsticks that suit my hair colour and don't clash. Craving is gorgeous!!! On me it's a midtone plumish pink. The amplified finish is my second favourite mac finish (satin being my absolute favourite). I love that they are completely opaque and creamy without being too creamy. Craving lasts about 6 hours on me and I can eat and drink and it will still stay on. It wears off evenly and leaves a beautiful rose pink stain behind. I love this lipstick so much and 100% will be buying this again when my current one runs out!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I've been looking for a good fall berry-cranberry type of color. I probably tried about 10 different lipsticks at MAC and Sephora before I settled on this one. And its PERFECT. First, I love MAC amplified cremes, easily one of my favorite lipstick formulas. Second, it's the perfect berry-cranberry color. It's less pink than a raspberry and not too berry either. It has just a bit of muted red in it. On me, it's a muted medium cranberry. And it's a perfect depth of color for me. I can't go too dark because I'm so fair, but I wanted something darker and brighter than I normally wear (I'm a MAC shy girl lover). This is my favorite fall lipstick.

on 3/9/2014 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Craving is awesome, plain and simple. I agree with the ''pink-red raspberry'' color description. It's a striking, brightening color but not in-your-face. Very wearable for daytime, actually. Looks very flattering against my fair, neutral to warm skin tone but also equally beautiful on my medium skin toned friend. I consider it a universally flattering shade.
Amplified texture is my favorite formulation among the MAC lipsticks as well. Smooth application, full but not heavy pigmentation, creamy finish. Quite longlasting and moisturizing, leaves a pretty stain as it wears out. I love it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Oh. my. What can I say that hasn't already been said? This lipstick is perfection, a bright pink-red raspberry color that's not garish or neon or overwhelming. It's a rich, deep, creamy "pow!" for your lips. Not quite red, not quite pink, just absolutely gorgeous. The Amplified Creme finish feels amazingly rich and smooth (not slick like MACs Lustre finish--which I also adore) and not chalky/patchy as their Cremesheen finish sometimes is. This and MAC's Syrup are my Holy Grail lipsticks!

on 10/2/2013 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

A beautiful colour that I believe would suit all skin tones. Not too dark, but not too light. The formula is nice too, big thumbs up!