Chanel Chance

Chanel Chance
Chance

3.8

on 8/8/2002 6:16:00 PM

I, too, received this fragrance from Gloss. When I saw that it was by Chanel, I was a little bit worried, because I haven't liked any of Chanel's other fragrances-- they all smell too superfemme and old ladyish to me. I am more of a vintage/preppy kind of girl. However, I was encouraged by the ad copy that described it as young and adventurous. I sprayed it on and was pleasantly surprised-- zero powderiness, no headache. It did smell a bit too sweet at first, kind of like watermelon starburst candy. The dry down was nicer-- spicier, more subtle. After reading another reviewer's comment that it may have sandalwood in it, I understand why I sort of like Chance. My two favorite perfumes are TM Cologne (very clean) and Aveda Hana (very spicy with heavy sandalwood). Chance is clean-ish, with a nice spicy undertone. It is sweeter than I'd like, but I will probably wear it anyway on the days when I feel like throwing people for a loop. Nice bottle, too. Looks cool on the dressing table.

on 8/8/2002 1:26:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

First off, my thanks to Gloss.com for allowing me to participate in their "Chance" promotion. It was an honor to have the opportunity to try out a fragrance before it hits the mass market.

With that said, onto my short review....

I am not all that great with describing scents... a fragrance either smells good to me, or it doesn't. I have never really been interested in "which" notes a fragrance contains, so I won't be much help in that department.

What I can say about "Chance" is that whatever the top note is, it is very nice. Kinda reminded me of "Passion Flower" by Crabtree and Evelyn or Px's "Calyx". However, the dry down was definitely more "spicy/fruity" than outright "fruity". Actually, I didn't really care for the final scent of "Chance" and it somehow reminded me of something that my grandmother would wear. In addition, this fragrance gave me an instant headache!

On the flip side, my husband loved it on me! He said, "you smell so good"... and he never says that when I wear my beloved Lolita Lempicka.

So, I am giving this fragrance 2 stars b/c my husband adored it... with just a small deduction for the headache that I received from it.

on 8/8/2002 1:07:00 AM

I am glad I got the chance to sample this courtesy of Gloss. com. This a a great scent to me. At first I thought it was very offensive, but when I sprayed it on my neck, it turned out to be very light and sorta sexy smelling. I went out with two guys that week and I wore that perfume. They both said that I smelled amazing. :) So, this one is a keeper in my book. It's hard to actually describe the fragrance though. I can't even tell what the notes are. It just smells yummy.

Popular Fragrances