Chanel No.5

Chanel No.5

3.6

Ok, This is a classic. Monroe's signature fragrance. It smells awful to me. I find it very dime store hooker smelling. Reminiscent of Bug Spray.

on 8/27/2002 6:22:00 PM

I str5ongly dislike it it's heavy and very overrated, smells pungent to me,

on 11/21/2001 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have always wanted to love this fragrance, because it is classic and nothing else smells like it. It's a true perfume, not like the myriad of fruity-floral-spicy concoctions that bombard department store counters. (Don't get me wrong: I do enjoy lighter scents as well, but so many fragrances smell exactly alike). About 7 years ago I tested this scent on my arm and found it too heavy. However, now I LOVE it. I find the warm, rich scent very comforting, and it wears very well on me throughout the day. I am pleased to have finally fallen madly in love with the fragrance that I've always thought of as the Dom Perignon of perfumes.

Too powdery and chemical-smelling for me. The famous bottle is lovely, though. Yes, I care about things like that. :)

on 1/14/2002 1:58:00 AM

I love this! However, I use ONLY the body oil and lotion, which give a much different scent than the EDP which I used to wear, which is where I think people are getting that "old lady smell". The oil and lotion are COMPLETELY different smelling, at least to me and to others who smell it. People always comment how great I smell when I wear the lotion, which I've started doing with all my fragrances.

on 7/2/2002 11:24:00 PM

Christian is right on the money. Totally overrated. Aldehydic and powdery. Smells just like my grandmother! I'll stick with Cristalle and Coco!

on 11/15/2001 8:03:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Medium

Too "grown up" smell for me, think it's heavy and a little boring.

Popular Fragrances