NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

4.1

on 5/23/2014 12:30:00 AM

I bought this based on website reviews and I was very disappointed. It settled into my fine lines under my eyes. It also felt very dry on my skin and I have oily/combo skin.

on 5/9/2014 8:29:00 PM

Concealer is liked the most important makeup for me because i have alot of acne marks and red spots that needs alot of concealing........mac's studio concealer has been my long time favorite but it can get very dry after a couple of hours and as i got older i have higher expectation of how makeup should look on my face......i moved on to makeup forever's tube concealer which is also very drying at the end of the day and no matter what i do i can't seem to get the color right......so at the end i got to this baby and i'm quite happy with it........it has good coverage without the thickness and can still look very natural even on dry spot or scab. i'm around nc 30 and sheer glow in punjab...i use both ginger and custard coz one is too light and the other is too dark.......i tried to use it on my under eye but it doesn't really work.....maybe coz of the frequent movement of the eyes it cakes alot after couple of hours......another thing that i dun like about the product is the packaging....you can't really use all the concealer that's left inside......and for the price you are wasting alot of money behind as well...........so hopfully they can come out with a tube in the future......

UPdate: moved on to something better....the more i use this concealer the more i dun like it....too thick for under eye but not enough coverages for spots and disappeared rather quickly........it's just that i have really sensitive skin so i was scared to try other concealer so ended up spending so much money on this over the years.......but no more...

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Insert sad face icon here! I fully expected to be wowed by this concealer. I had done my research and read all the reviews. I was matched to the shade Custard (which, from my own research, I fully expected would be the right shade for me in any case). Well, it hasn't been the best of experiences for me. For starters, Custard really is YELLOW...I have to be SO careful to blend away the edges or else this is really noticeable under my eyes, so if I'm not wearing foundation and just want to wear concealer, this is a problem. I might not mind so much if this at least covered my dark circles more effectively, but it doesn't. Finally, for something named "Creamy", this looks dry and scaly under my eyes. I always wear eye cream but with this, I have to put on a 2nd application. So, in the end, I'm left with a scaly under eye and look like I've got jaundice to boot - not really a look I'm going for!

After struggling with "Custard" for a few weeks, I returned it and got "Vanilla". The colour match is absolutely PERFECT for me but that's where the love affair ends. In fact, I HATE this concealer SO MUCH. It is so dry and scaly and patchy, no matter what eye cream I wear or even if I don't wear anything under my eyes. As soon as I blend (or press it in, or pat it in) I see the scaliness and patchiness. For something this pricey, and for something that does make that claim of "radiant" and "creamy", it is SUCH a letdown. Do yourselves a favour and get the UD Naked Concealer, Cargo Blu-Ray or Clarins Instant Concealer. Any one of these is SO much better than this one. I am so disappointed by its performance and, in case I've not made it clear, I really HATE it.

on 3/17/2014 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Dry dry dry. I don't even have fine lines under my eyes and this concealer somehow makes them appear. Tried eye creams, oils, serums, fix plus, setting sprays, powder, no powder. Just looks so dry and creased every time. Will not repurchase.

on 2/22/2014 10:58:00 PM

I quite like this concealer although i don't think its my favourite. Its perfect for blemishes around the face but it creases under the eyes. The biggest let down with this is the fact that it looks really really cakey but doesnt really cover anything, i dont have the worst skin but still find it leaves alot of the redness in blemishes and still cakes up alot. Definantly NOT buildable. But i do love the packaging. Oh and the staying power is not good enough i find that i have to re apply this at least 3 times in one full day because it just completely vanishes after like 2 hours or less. and i have normal skin.

on 2/22/2014 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I hate to give this a bad review because the coverage is fantastic but Nars, y u no work under my eyes?! I don't find myself reaching for this very often because this definitely sinks into lines underneath my eyes no matter how much I prep or prime. And I don't particularly have dry under eyes either, just normal. I recommend this more for blemishes but personally for me, foundation is all I need to cover imperfections. I'm an NC25-NC30 and I picked this up in Custard. It's a good match; just a tiny bit more orange than I'd like. If only this concealer was a thinner consistency, this would be holy grail status.

on 1/25/2014 9:11:00 PM

I was so excited to try this nars concealer and had REALLY high hopes for it. Unfortunately, I had to return this to sephora! :(
For a liquid concealer, this offers great coverage. I'd say strong medium coverage - buildable full for sure. However, I found this concealer to look kind of dry and not 'radiant' at all. The name is very decieving. I purchased this to use on my dark dark dark under eyes and yes while it covers the darkness quite well, it looked dry and creased a bit. I tried prepping my undereyes with eyecream and then eyecream+ primer, and it didn't help the dry look. I then tried it on any blemishes on my face, and it worked fine for that. Too bad the shade selection is just OK, the colours jump too far from each other. Custard is a bit too light and Ginger is slightly too dark and orange to use on any spots on my face. The staying power is just decent in my opinion. I did not see it breaking down until the 4 hour mark without setting powder. Also, because this concealer is dry, it sort of sets itself.

on 12/29/2013 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Sorry to all those that love this but I hated it with a passion. I returned 2 colours I was so disappointed.
I have dark circles along with deep set eyes. This stuff did not do a single thing to make any small wrinkles I have way more noticeable after about ten minutes.
Yes I did use very little and put an under eye primer before putting this crap on.
Facts: creased under the eyes like crazy, even with using secret brightening powder by Laura mercer.
I am pale and the colours just seemed to go on strange and for some reason I want to say a bit chalky.
Anyways, my 2 bits as I hated this stuff with a passion.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm so disappointed that this didn't work for me. It has great pigmentation and can cover dark circles (the purple/blue under my eyes is epic), but 30 minutes after applying, I looked as though I was doing a special effects makeup demo. The product got flakey and settled into every single line -- lines I didn't even know I had -- and aged me 40 years. If the skin under your eyes isn't perfectly smooth, this product isn't for you. For what it's worth, I also found the Bobbi Brown concealer too drying, so I'm going to have to stick with Laura Mercier, MUFE (insanely expensive), and Clinique's eye brightener.

on 9/6/2013 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I really hate going against the grain on this one. I had heard amazing things about this concealer, watched videos and just generally stalked this product before purchasing. In Sephora I had an employee color match me (Custard). It is a creamy but thinish liquid that is very opaque and pigmented. I don't know that I'd actually call it a radiant concealer. When applied it seems to set pretty quickly and it doesn't really budge. My problems with it were that it seemed to oxidize and become obvious after only an hour or two and it actually did crease under my eyes. Not acceptable with such a pricey product. I could have probably tried a different color and tweaked the application process but that's just too much work.