NARS Cosmetics Radiant Creamy Concealer

NARS Cosmetics Radiant Creamy Concealer

4.1

on 1/24/2015 1:02:00 AM

I am going to be a downer and say I'm just not blown away. Yes, it is creamy but it is most definitely not radiant. When it comes to my skin, I want to achieve the most natural, skin like finish. The texture is thick and creamy; thus it just sits on top of the skin no matter how much you blend. It settles into fine lines and creases after 2 hours of application. Deeply disappointed and will not repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have to admit I had very high hopes for this concealer. It is very pigmented which I like but it creases like crazy even with primer. The colors are slightly too peach/yellow in the fair/light range so I could not fine one that worked.

I need a highly pigmented concealer for dark under eye circles and this just did not work out. It felt dry and cakey after a few hours on my dry skin.

Back to Lancome Effacernes concealer. I wanted to use a cruelty free product but nothing compares to the Lancome concealer.

So back to Sephora the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer goes. Too bad.

on 1/6/2015 5:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I had really high hopes and expectations for this concealer ever since people on youtube would constantly rave about it saying 'it's my holy grail concealer'. As soon as I applied it, it did not impress or wow me that much. First off I feel like it's quite thick making it hard to blend leaving it patchy and muddy looking (not necessarily the colour but the texture). Secondly, it creases under my eyes and around my nose. Not only does it creases but by the end of the day when i look in the mirror I can see the areas where I have applied it has been broken apart. Overall, this concealer did not work on my skin at all and I will not bother repurchasing it. Big let down :(

Unfortunately I did find this concealer to be dry on my under eye area. Perhaps mine was faulty but I can see that other people notice some dryness too (some having to wear moisturiser with it) and would be good in NARS could address this issue.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

8) Blurs fine lines/wrinkles: False
9) Long-wearing: True
10) Crease-proof: False

Packaging:
Concealer comes in a small plastic tube with a doe-foot applicator. This is actually the reason I put off trying this concealer for so long: I absolutley hate this type of applicator for expensive produdcts because you know that much of the product will be wasted! And with a hard packaging, one can't easily decant this. The doe-foot applicator is nice and firm though, so it works just fine for applying onto the skin. Germaphobes may not appreciate this packaging. Plastic is clear, so this may help in being able to tell more easily when it's time to repurchase.

Formula:
I found this to be a fairly dry concealer, in the sense that it isn't greasy and emollient. It's actually maybe a bit powdery? In the sense that I feel like it might be similar to a cream-to-powder formula. It's fairly pigmented, and has a lightweight texture. Did not notice any obvious fragrance.

Performance:
I wanted to liket his but overall it's just not very good. Before I talk about my experience, I do want to preface that I had issues with their eyeshadow primer as well, so I do believe that there may just be something about the brand itself that doesn't agree well with my skin.
I found this concealer to be very drying, or at least to apply very dry. As mentioned, it isn't emollient or greasy, which I actually really appreciate because it dries down quite nice. I've tried a few other products that just stay really sticky/tacky even after powdering. BEcause of the very dry formula though, it has a short blending period. I tried this for my face and for my eyes. It was far too dry for my eye area, accentuating fine creases and settling into them, while also just looking really dry and cakey. Aside from it being a bit too light for my eye area, I did not notice any light-diffusing properties.
The product also did not layer very well. Because of the dryness, I really could not build it up for full coverage on my face. If I did try to build it up, it just looked really off. And I still was unable to get full coverage. Overall I do feel that it may have actually dried out my skin as well.
In regards to the dryness, I did apply this on top of freshly oiled skin, on totally clean skin, mixed with oil... nothing made it go on smooth and comfortably.
It did wear well, though. I didn't notice any fading or transfering, so if the formula had been a bit creamier it would probably have worked well for me.

Bang for your Buck:
$35 here in Canada for 0.22oz. So overpriced for the amount given, although not much product was really needed per application, so it may actually last a decent amount of time.

Final Consensus:
Just did not work well for me. Wound up returning it, and overall I'm just not going to bother with NARS products anymore. I'd maybe recommend it, but I'd recommend trying to get a sample first if possible.
* Overall Rating: 2/5
* Price: 4/5
* Packaging Quality: 2/5
* Repurchase: No

on 8/16/2014 11:43:00 AM

When I saw the rave reviews from the really pale women, I was excited, since I'm also very pale and it's hard for me to find makeup that matches my skin tone. But this concealer just didn't measure up. I'm currently on Retin-A and my skin is very dry, and this concealer emphasized the flakiness all over my face. Plus even the lightest shade (Chantilly) is STILL too dark. It doesn't look that way in the package, but whether I apply it directly on my face, underneath powder foundation, or on top of liquid foundation, it leaves an orange tint, no matter how little I use or how much I blend. Plus it doesn't actually conceal the redness on my face that well.

I haven't tried it for under my eyes, so maybe it would work for that. But for blemishes and redness on dry skin, this is a no-go for me.

on 8/10/2014 2:19:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I liked this concealer when I sampled it in the store but after buying it and trying to use it, I don't like it anymore.

I'm asian and on the lighter side of NC20 but my skin tone leans slightly neutral as well. I bought vanilla because chantilly was way too light and the next ones up (Honey/Custard) were way too dark.

This concealer is just way too drying for my undereyes. It makes it look like I have undereye wrinkles........ which is extremely problematic considering that I'm only 17.
Here's a picture (this is actually my eye LOL):

LET ME REPEAT... I AM SEVENTEEN YEARS OLD AND SHOULD NOT HAVE WRINKLES.

Sooo I tried it for my blemishes. The thick and dry texture is perfect for covering imperfections, but my blemishes seriously resurface within an hour or so (yes, I set with powder). This concealer just does NOT last on me no matter how many times I've tried to get it to work.

Needless to say, I returned RCC back to Sephora. I would personally recommend you to buy it (from a store with a nice return policy) and try it out, and if it works - hey great, good for you. If it doesn't, return it.

If price is what's deterring you from trying Nars out, I highly highly recommend Maybelline Fit Me and Mac Prolongwear Concealer! Maybelline's Fit Me is not at all drying for my undereyes and Mac Prolongwear lasts all day on my blemishes. Both of them are significantly cheaper than Nars RCC.

on 6/9/2014 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Shade: Chantilly
Uses: blemishes, little spots of redness (acne scars? I don't even know but I have pretty good skin), undreyes
skin: normal, sensitive, very, very fair

Thoughts: I had put off buying this for a long time but the color is perfect for me.

I'm part of the small handful of people who were disappointed with this product. Despite the word "creamy" in its name, I found it dry, hard to blend with my fingertip (always a huge plus for me and my busy lifestyle and something I really value in a product), and once it set, it looked cakey and splotchy. Those attributes were even more pronounced in the underye area and I used a primer there and I have normal skin.

I was so excited to use this because CHANTILLY. I MEAN LOOK AT IT. You look at it and think, no way that's even a human skintone; who wears that? With shades like that, my eyes light up and I snatch it up.

Great, great color and I wish shades *this* fair were easily available.

I scoff at what drugstore products call "fair." If Maybelline made the Fit Me concealer in Chantilly, that'd be my holy grail. I returned this concealer.

on 5/23/2014 12:30:00 AM

I bought this based on website reviews and I was very disappointed. It settled into my fine lines under my eyes. It also felt very dry on my skin and I have oily/combo skin.

on 5/9/2014 8:29:00 PM

Concealer is liked the most important makeup for me because i have alot of acne marks and red spots that needs alot of concealing........mac's studio concealer has been my long time favorite but it can get very dry after a couple of hours and as i got older i have higher expectation of how makeup should look on my face......i moved on to makeup forever's tube concealer which is also very drying at the end of the day and no matter what i do i can't seem to get the color right......so at the end i got to this baby and i'm quite happy with it........it has good coverage without the thickness and can still look very natural even on dry spot or scab. i'm around nc 30 and sheer glow in punjab...i use both ginger and custard coz one is too light and the other is too dark.......i tried to use it on my under eye but it doesn't really work.....maybe coz of the frequent movement of the eyes it cakes alot after couple of hours......another thing that i dun like about the product is the packaging....you can't really use all the concealer that's left inside......and for the price you are wasting alot of money behind as well...........so hopfully they can come out with a tube in the future......

UPdate: moved on to something better....the more i use this concealer the more i dun like it....too thick for under eye but not enough coverages for spots and disappeared rather quickly........it's just that i have really sensitive skin so i was scared to try other concealer so ended up spending so much money on this over the years.......but no more...