NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

4.1

on 1/17/2015 4:58:00 AM

After reading many hypes about this concealer I wanted to try it. As the name is suggesting it has very creamy formula and medium-full coverage. I liked to use it under my eye area and works well but for my face it is getting cakey. I am not sure if this is beacuse of foundation. Price is as all Nars make up; expensive. Packaging is quite simple and I have no problem with doe foot appplicators. Is it worth for hype; I would say yes. But for the money... I am not quite sure about that.

Update: I really think that there are people with a really oily under eye area who like this concealer. This was drying crap out of my under eye area. It is dry, powdery and even on my skin doesnt look good. I really cannot get along with nars products.

on 11/18/2014 12:00:00 PM

I haven't written a review in a very long time, but with this concealer, I just had to. I sampled this concealer atr Sephora and loved the coverage. It covers my dark circles very well with just a tiny amount. I ended up switching from the Armani Precision Retouch and buying it in the color Vanilla. I started wearing the concealer before work. This concealer is horrendous! It creases within 15 minutes, and I'm not talking about minor creasing. I'm talking major amounts of concealer stuck in lines that I never even knew existed. I figured, ok maybe I can handle some creasin in exchange for great coverage and perfect color match. But unfortunately, every time I look in a mirrow I am shocked at how much this is aging me. I am 30 with very very minor fine lines under my eyes and I wear moisturizer under the concealer. Not only that, but the flaking is quite bad. So if you are looking for coverage and are willing to look double your age, then this is for you. Otherwise, this is a total fail.

I am so upset after forking out the money for this! I got the honey shade, as I have fair to medium skin. It's soooo dry and orange! It's horrible! I've tried mixing it with eye cream and my other concealers (By Terry and Bye Bye Under eye) but it's so cakey and dry that nothing improves it. Big boo!!!! Thumbs down to Nars 😞

on 9/9/2014 1:04:00 PM

Was totally convinced that this was going to be my HG concealer but I noticed in differrent lighting that it oxidized and the color was an intense orange. Not cool.

For reference, I was using the shade Alaska.

on 9/8/2014 8:24:00 AM

This covers well but it broke me out in ways a concealer never has.. I thought mac was bad but this literally gave me white bumps ALL over , NEVER EVER AGAIN.

Oh my god. This product is like an abusive boyfriend--it looks so good and then it just ruins your life!
I have pale skin with blue undertones so I almost always end up with the "lightest" shade in a line being too yellow/tan. This concealer in Chantilly was a perfect if not improving match. When I put it under my eyes where I have allergic shiners (purple circles that look like I've just walked into someone's fist), it not only covered up the purple but made the skin there look more light-reflecting and radiant than ever before.
We will call these reactions my honeymoon phase. Sephora had a sale and I stocked up (bought 3 of them!) because I hate it when I find a color match and then it is discontinued.
Now this is when things start to get ugly.
I've been using the product for less than a month when I start to have little white hard bumps all around my eyes where it covers up the purple. And the sides of my nose start to get tender because they are developing deep ouchie ouch ouch pimples. And my chin. Dear lord sweet mercy the area below my lips to the end of my face. I explained it to one friend like this, normally if I have a problem, I will have an individual pimple, we will call these single family dwellings. Well this product created apartment complex style pimples. Each pimple had a neighbor right beside it so that you have these massive systems of clogged pores than cannot be cleared because as soon as one tenant left, another moved in!!!
Now we move on to classic denial. Despite the onset of unprecedented pimples and problems in EXACTLY the areas I applied the concealer, I tried to rationalize that it was my: hormones, my diet, stress, aging, the expelling of toxins from a virus I never had, a new phase in the life of my skin. I mean come on, the product told me it would never cause me to break out. It had to be my fault!
Basically I told myself every lie I could because as disgusting as my face now started to feel, I loved the color so so much and I now had 4 tubes of it.
That's when I had to have an intervention. I confessed to my sister what I recently started using and how great it was, oh but wait, it also kinda maybe slightly turned my skin into a horrible angry nightmare--which I could luckily cover up with--MORE CONCEALER! Brilliant.
She, not being in the thralls of this abusive relationship, told me to pitch it. But I had invested so much I whined. Classic mentality of the abused. She told me it was over and I needed to pitch it. I knew this was true, but was irrational and paralyzed from acting.
It took me MONTHS to get rid of it. I was unable to return it, so I kept the 3. unopened packages in my closet (time heals all). Every once and a while I would relapse and open a new one to try again. You know what happened next.
Finally, I threw them all out. I was so sad staring into all the money and superficial radiance in my trash can but there was no more running from the facts.
Since I ended things with Chantilly, my skin recovered and I have no little white pumps around my eyes, no apartment complex pimples, no sore nose cysts.
Bottom line:
Perfect color. Skin wrecking ball.

Super disappointed by this concealer. I've seen a lot of positive reviews for this so I was expecting to love it. I first tried this under my eyes and set it the way I always set my undereye concealer and it creased and settled into fine lines like nothing I've ever experienced before. It made the lines under my eyes look so much worse and it didn't completely cover my dark circles. I then tried it on my face to cover my acne scarring and again it didn't cover those either. Considering it doesn't conceal well and is $30 I'm gonna return it.

on 2/20/2014 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is my first high end concealer and I should have read the reviews before I got it but oh well.

I purchased the color Cacao for a non highlighted look.

Bottom line? I'm not happy with this product. It settles into my fine lines even after blending it very gently with my beauty blender, patting away excess with a kleenex, and then setting with a translucent power.

All that and it still creases. No thanks NARS. That doesn't mean I wont try other things from the line. I'm just not happy with this particular product.

The only thing I like about this concealer is the packaging. It helps me to use only a little bit at a time.

on 7/23/2013 1:51:00 AM

I guess this is proof that different products work for different people. I do not like this concealer at all. I find it goes on thick, is hard to blend and settles in fine lines. I wore it every day for over a week and I wore eye cream under it. I am returning it to Nordstrom. I am going back to Dior Skinflash, which I love.

on 6/11/2013 3:43:00 PM

I used it as an under eye concealer and got a very bad itchy reaction. My eyelids became puffy and swollen. The coverage lasts for an hour ... going back to the store