Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Light/Medium

Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Light/Medium
Before & After - Garnier BB CreamBB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Light/MediumBB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Light/Medium

2.8

on 1/5/2012 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Love it, it feels oily for the first few minutes after you apply it. But I wait and then put my MAC blot powder and continue with my usual makeup. Looks perfect. Not too much coverage though, I don't like putting full coverage on workdays anyway!
A must try for everyone.

I am going to review this as thoroughly as I can-
This is a product I recommend everyone to try out
Basically it is a great product because of its quality, it does what i claims to do and it is cheap product for the quality delivered.
In detail;
I bought it because it was cheap and very highly rate product, so thought hmm will it live up to the hype? And now i see why people love it so much
For those of you who prefer light to medium coverage, or tinted moisturiser coverage you will love this! because the coverage is sheer, blends into your skintone, you cannot tell you are wearing makeup- So obvously those looking for heavier courage will not like it, but you can wear i under a foundation as a base that evens out the skin.

it is a great tinted moisturiser, moisturises enough, and evens out skins very well! some tinted moisturiser which I have tried make the skin looking blotchey, this does not! And it covers my redness, it covers enough for me because i dont need full coverage.

Any downsides?; it does not last long perhaps a few hours only, but that is standard with tinted mositurisers, the colour medium is perhaps a tad too dark for me but it looks natural nonetheless cos it is sheer coverage and your skins natural colour comes through

So this is a tinted moisturiser but from my own first hand experience I can see that it has other benefits, which is why it is better than our average tinted moisturiser and should be tried out. So the other benefits, well it is a dewy, radiant finish as it claims, and i like that kind of finish, yet it does not look overly dewy (oily/greasey)
-->And it minimises my pores, something i am self conscious of, so im really happy about that
it has spf
smells pleasant, a bit citrusy, like the usual garnier product smell
and has minerals that are good for your skin
all for just under 10 pounds, well that it my kind of product!

on 12/11/2011 7:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have a pink undertone to my tan skin (mediterranean background) and this in Light blended with my skin tone perfectly. Love the fact that this has SPF which in Australia is a must. Don't like that it still felt tacky hours after applying it but that could be due to the power walk I went on a couple of hours after applying it. Should probably give this a few more tries before deciding if it's for me or not but it's summer here now and I don't feel like my skin can breathe properly with this on in the heat.

Edit: 4/24/12 - turns out I have an peach undertone which is why some pink undertone things suit and some yellow undertones work too. It's also feeling alot like an early winter here now so I've revisited it to see how I like it without the heat. I've solved the tacky feeling by blotting any excess moisture that hasn't soaked in after applying my moisturiser before applying this - yes I moisturise before applying tinted moisturiser. It might be just a mental thing for me but I prefer having a barrier between my skin and anything with colour in it.
Since the coverage is so light I only use this when my skin is looking particularly good or if I'm not going anywhere where I'm overly concerned about how I look, eg school run, supermarket. Still won't buy it again but it's nice to have a lazy backup for when I don't have time for a full face and don't want to go bare-faced.

on 12/4/2011 8:46:00 AM

I was intrigued to see a western bb cream by a drugstore brand so when I saw this on sale I thought I might as well get it and try it out. Well, I'm glad I never paid full price for it and I generally regret buying it at all as its just sitting in my drawer now. This bb cream is very light, in that way it applies easily but it offers very little in the way of anything. It gives a bit of a glow for a little while, but does nothing for coverage, pore minimizing, evening out skin tone...it pretty much doesn't do anything. Also it stinks, a very strong and artificial smell that has a tendency to linger. My skin is combination, so I thought I'd try my sister with it seeing as her skin is much drier and has little she needs covering but it didn't do much for her either. The lightest shade was too dark for the both of us as well. I tried this on under other base makeup but it didn't make a difference as a base either. This stuff really is a useless product. I will stick to my Asian bb creams!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The colour on this is ever so slightly too dark for me in the light option, but I would still buy it again. I use it as a tinted moisturiser and do powder over the top as I don't like the dewy look on my skin.
It blends well, doesn't break me out, and looks very natural. It lasts pretty well on my skin, and evens out my skin tone nicely.
All in all, for 7 you really can't go wrong.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

i would definetly buy this again. its very good and is much better than my current foundation...it covers well has a natural finish and i just love it..i will update if i have any problems because i only just got this today..:) so far so good

on 10/29/2011 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm one of those who got the 3 free samples from Garnier. And a voucher was included and my local chemist had it much cheaper to begin with so I got this for just 8.99, down from 14.99.

So for that money I can't really complain. This is very much a tinted moisteriser though - not at all enough coverage to be anything else. You definately need concealer also. But on weekends when you just need to even yourself out and reduce redness, it works. I'm not sure I'd wear it to work though.

It is very glowy - I put powder on my nose but leave the rest as it's pretty flattering and healthy looking. It does have a fruity fragrance that has quite a lot of hang-time. I can still smell it a couple of hours later, but it's not unpleasant by any means.

The thing I'm not mad on is that it feels tacky to the touch for hours afterwards. And for that reason I'd say it's dreadful for transferring if you're wearing a high collar. But I have a good shade match so I don't need to go all the way down my neck.

I'd repurchase at this price, but full price? Nah, it's not anything really spactacular. The best thing is the glowiness, and you could get that effect with illuminator combined with any other foundation.

on 10/27/2011 5:20:00 PM

This is just a hyped tinted moisturiser. This "nanotechnology" is just...well, a rubbish techno name for old fashioned Titanium Dioxide?
It's not moisturising enough for wintertime, it doesn't cover enough, it's too fragranced.
On the plus side, for a quick "get out the door" product it has an SPF and illuminates slightly.
Maybe for younger skins, I'm 35 and this is a disaster!

on 10/21/2011 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I tried this after being quite intrigued by the idea of a BB cream, having got a sample of 3 applications from Garnier.
It was somewhere between a foundation & tinted moisturiser, just what I was looking for in terms of coverage & the colour was very nice too. It allows your natural skin tones to show through without looking too light or heavy. Produced a really nice, dewy look though I think on people like me with seriously oily skin then it can look a little greasy.
It didn't cover the worst of the acne scarring I have so had to use a seperate concealer, not to worry though as I'd normally need a concealer anyway.
One thing I really didn;t like was that it transferred very easily on to my clothing (my poor new jacket got BB'd).
But the biggest thing that put me off it was that while it may not have looked cakey, it really felt like it was. I had an "awareness" of it all day, it thankfully didn't cause any clogging or break outs though.
As a whole, I still very much like the whole BB cream thing so I hope something else comes out that doesn't have cons of this one.

on 10/20/2011 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I received a sample of this after applying on the Garnier website, following receiving the details in the October issue of Glamour magazine.
3 samples of BB Cream in "light" awaited me when I arrived home from school. At first I was disappointed as, being around an NC 30-35 I am accustomed to using medium, although I was sure that that would be too dark for me too as my friend around an NC 45 uses that and it matches perfectly. Darker girls won't find a match though. ):
Light blends very beautifully allowing my skin to show through. It does not seem to have any undertone - perhaps it is neutral. I can see how this would be too dark for very pale girls though - that is a shame :[.
The texture is thick but light, not liquid but mousse-like. It is odd and nothing like the two foundations I own (Revlon Photoready & Sleek New Skin Revive) nor like Clinique's Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturiser.
The lasting power seems good and the feel of it is very soft. I wouldn't say this moisturised my skin enough to skip my regular mixture of moisturisers but helped prolong the time I spent with smoothness before the flakes returned on my extremely dry skin.
Not mask-like at all and very, very natural would highly recommend. :D

1 lippie off for limited colour selection.