Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15  [DISCONTINUED]

3.7

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I never did care for high end dept. store makeup because they always ran pink or reddish undertone to me, but I picked this up this summer and they didnt have the shade I wanted to sample so I purchased a color that seemed ok for and it was at first until it would oxidize a little on me to a reddish shade ewww I hate that. One thing I loved about this foundation though is that it makes your skin look flawless without feeling heavy. And it did make me stay matte for a while. Maybe I'll change my mind about repurchasing if I could just find my right shade

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have extremely fair and oily/dry combination skin. It is hard to find a really good foundation that matches well and doesn't settle into my pores or fades after a few hours. I found that that porcelain #2 is the perfect match. I will say that it really drys matte but makes my face look flawless. In the winter my skin gets dry and flakes a bit, but then I use primer and I add some moisturizer into the mix and it goes on really smooth and still lasts all day. When I forget to wash my face it doesn't break me out so i sometimes don't have stress.

on 12/22/2011 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I will buy this again because this is the best foundation I have ever used or tried. It just helps me to turn my face into a uni-pattern & uni-color canvas where I can paint colors over it.
First of all it looks like a second skin, very natural while covering my broken capillaries, matches perfectly with my skin color (NW20 in Mac, 20 Clair is a perfect match, when I tan in the summer I match with 30 Cendre) , does not settle into my fine lines.
I have a combination skin, usually foundations highlight my dry parts but Mat Lumiere does not do such thing. I blot my forehead and nose 2 times during the whole day and night and that's it.
I set it with Chanel Loose Powder Universal in 20 Clair, another favorite.

on 1/3/2012 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have had a hard time finding a foundation that looks well on me especially because I have oily skin and acne prone skin. I have just recently started going to a dermatologist for acne and since I've started using the treatments my skin has begun to dry out, so it has been extemely difficult to find a foundation.Before I was on treatment I tried the Vitalumiere it worked out great in the beginning but as time went on it started to turn orange,,it also did not have enough coverage for my acne scars and made my skin even more oily then before so I returned it. I then tried the Make Up Forever HD foundation I tried it once and looked good but I had just started treatment but I felt that this foundation sunk into the creases of my skin it just did not look right. There are pros and cons to this product. Although it states that it is a light to medium coverage, I feel that it more light than medium coverage. When too many layers are applied it can appear orange. It can also make face appear dry when first applied, it also is very matte. But it does not stay matte throughout the whole day. Overall it a good foundation,and it does make me break out. I will re review this product again once I stop using the treatments.

on 12/26/2011 6:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Medium coverage if you have some scars dark spot will not covered all.
But good oil control powder and give glow finishing but not cakey. I got it quite dark so I would like to have lighter color for next time.

so i was lookin for a matte oil free, and buildable coverage, i wear a mac nc30 in studio fix, love that foundation decided to explore. heard good reviews for this chanel matte lumiere foundation, lady chosed natural in color for me, it fitted me skin although wasnt looking for something same as my skin i was looking for something slight drker than skin color, but anywho, purchased this product,here are my pros: oil free, yes it is oil control for my T zone! i admitt chanel you did it, only use blotting tissue twice a day, compared to mac where i use it like 5 xs... anthr pro, its very natural, doesnt seem like you have makeup on, and the smell is nice, CONS; hard to build, hard to apply dries very quickly needs more than 4 pumps, due to it drying too quick, not buildable, doesnt cover my blemishes, and its sooo oil free that it gets my mouth area dried up! crazy, if i use blotting tissue, the foundation literally comes off! use it for a week and returned it! but overall i wouldnt buy it again, if your someone with great complextion its good for you, looking for some light coverage this is good for you, very oily??. great product for you, just advise that they only have ten shades!!!! so thats a CON, other than that, im glad i explored and got my refund back =)

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is my HG foundation. I used a similar Chanel matt-luminous liquid foundation in the 90s and then they discontinued it and brought out double perfection which broke me out. Thank goodness there is now a really good option for oily skins again. This is a medium coverage but buildable foundation. It stays on my oily skin all day and doesn't irritate the dryer areas. It is matt, but has a flattering natural subtle luminescence - not an oil slick or super shine like some of the luminous foundations. I use 20 Clair in Winter and 30 Beige in Summer and a mixture of the two inbetween. I have already repurchased.

on 12/10/2011 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

there's a lot of people saying that the Mat Lumiere doesn't give that flat matte look which I agree and totally love. It does give me a glowing finish but no shine. Coverage it says to be sheer to medium, but I believe it is buildable and can be almost full coverage because it is quite thick. Now since it is quite thick it does take a bit of effort blend it compare to VitaLumiere. Ok, now about the shades it is really disappointing because there's not much shades in UK compare to US. What's more disappointing is that the darkest shade in UK, 60 Hale' which I used is also discontinued. 60 is like for NC 30-35. the texture like I said it's thick, and it has a fragrance and quite strong actually. But it's not that alcohol-like smell which we always got in a matte foundation, it is actually quite florally and I actually like it, it's my first loving fragrance in makeup. If they got 60 Hale' again I would totally buy it. Now I'm trying the Lift Lumiere since they got the shade in 60.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

i was first sucked into chanel products by my obsession with high end brands...and i have to say i was impressed by this make up!
i wear clair - #20 in the foundation and lumiere#10 over the top..and its the closest colour match i have come across in a long time!
i can finally justify forking over a load of cash for a foundation!
yay.
it feels amazing on the skin, light and velvety and after wearing mac studio fix fluid for such a long time, its safe to say i dont think i will go back.
so if you have oily skin like me give this a go...im sure it will be a revelation for you too!

on 12/6/2011 6:35:00 AM

It does give medium coverage and can be buildable, but one thing i dont like about this product is after i apply this on my face, it give dry look on my skin.