Palladio Rice Powder

Palladio Rice Powder
Rice PowderRice Powder

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Rice Powder is a very old form of makeup. Palladio gives a short history about the the use of rice powder, which I'll copy into this review. "Rice Powder is the refined starch from rice, known as Oryza Stavia. The powder of rice has been used for centuries in the ancient art of Ayurveda, a holistic healing practice. It is used as a poultice that soothes inflamed acne and skin ulcerations. It has been used by Asian women in their facial makeup and to wash their skin since the 16th century. It is considered an emollient, rich skin treatment." I love when brands include historical information on products. Palladio promises that their rice powder will absorb excess oils, maintaining the skin's pH balance. This loose powder can be used alone or to set foundations. Palladio offers three shades, I have translucent, the colorless option. Palladio's powder is non-comedogenic. You get a huge amount of product, 17g (.60oz) for just $5(MSRP). I believe I paid $6 or so though, I purchased it at my local Sally's. Palladio is a cruelty free brand. This rice powder was made, suitably, in China.
Palladio's packaging for their rice powder is cute, but not at all functional. This may be the least travel friendly makeup item that I own. The lid of this powder is silver plastic with a very cute label affixed to it, featuring a cute, very well drawn Asian girl. I've seen a few people complain that this is offensive, but I don't see why. She's well drawn with no over exaggerated features or stereotypical accessories. I'm partially Asian I like the label artwork. The label also features the name of the product and shade. The lid has no way of fastening to the body of the packaging. This needs to be fixed, it's a mess waiting to happen. Removing the lid reveals a square puff that I've discarded, but it's a nice puff. There's also a sifter to dispense only a bit of product at a time. To avoid messes, I pour a small amount of product in the lid. The bottom of this little square container features a label with directions, a full ingredient list, and a bit of product and company info.
Palladio's Translucent Rice Powder is velvety soft, dense, and quite finely milled. This powder isn't truly translucent. It's a very light flesh tone, probably too light for those with tan or darker skin. It actually matches my skin tone really, really well, had the name not been called "Translucent", I would've been impressed at how well this product matches me. I think Palladio should call this product "porcelain" or "ivory" or "light", calling it translucent is a lie. This product actually provides a decent amount of coverage, more than I'd expect from a "translucent" setting powder. This powder can be worn alone for light coverage, but on me it looks very powdery and cakey when worn alone. When patted, then buffed over foundation, this powder looks much, much better, it gives me a very matte but natural, even finish with minimal caking. I never feel the need to reapply this powder, which is great because this product is the opposite of portable. If you have a particularly oily skin type Palladio offers blotting sheets coated with the rice powder.
This loose powder has a very strong, perfumey, old lady-ish scent. It permeates the kabuki brush I use to apply this powder. The scent fades eventually but it does sit on the skin for a couple minutes after application.
I'm on the fence about Palladio's Translucent Rice Powder. The texture is goo, the coverage is surprisingly decent, and it gives a lovely finish to foundations. However, there are a lot of little things about this powder that annoy me, overshadowing the good results I get from it. The scent is too strong, the packaging is very inconvenient, and worst off, the color is not translucent. You get a load of product for a very reasonable price. If you're looking for a loose powder and Palladio is accessible to you (Sally's and Ulta are the most common place to find this brand), consider this powder. It's not perfect but it's a good product and a good value.

I bought this product after seeing it on Makeup Geek and I have to say that I am very pleased with it. I tend to get oily skin around the afternoon time and I use this to take away the shine. The one thing that I don't agree with is the sponge that comes with it, I use a brush instead. Def will be buying again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have to say that this product does the job very well with good coverage and the best price.
I don't give this 5 lippies because if you have acne-prone skin, this WILL and I promise you it WILL brake you out..
I was very sad I had to give it to my aunt (she introduced it to me) because I was getting so many bumps...
also not many choices too choose from for color, but I would get the second darkest and it'd work okay

Natural ingredients, silky smooth texture in the box AND on your face, unbeatable oil control, layers beautifully, doesn't look like make-up, fresh comforting scent (kinda baby powder esque, but milder), verrrry affordable at your local Sally's. And I have absolutely nothing bad to say about it (considering I can live with the packaging). I have found my HG powder. Praise the lawd.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I use this under my eyes after I am done putting on my concealer and foundation. This doesn't settle into fine lines it just gives a finished look to my undereyes. I have bags and this makes me look refreshed and minimizes them.

UPDATE: I no longer use this. It is still good but I now use Primed and Poreless by Too Faced.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Ok.. .. this is the 1st setting powder I bought since I have the Makeup Forever translucent powder a few YEARS back (which I hated) . . .. . so I'm not an expert on translucent powders or anything but I just bought this from Ulta and when I cam home I put a TINY bit on over the makeup I already had on and I must say, I like it. .. . For now I'll give it 4 stars . . .. I'll be back to update this review when I really put it on after I apply some FRESH makeup!

This product is an excellent oil control powder. I use a loose powder brush and apply a bit to areas of my face that I know tend to be oily. I haven't used the enclosed puff. I'm a brush kind of girl.
A little bit of this product tends to go a long way.
I haven't tried applying it as a setting powder all over my face, so I can't comment on the efficacy of that application, but it goes on lightly enough that it shouldn't be a problem to use it as an all over setting powder. It might even work well on its own simply for oil control.
My only gripe is that I just hate the box. It's a pain to get the lid off, and when I do pop it off, powder usually goes flying everywhere. I have another loose powder that I'm close to finishing off, so I'm planning on transferring this powder into the other container! The lid just doesn't give enough room to swirl the brush around and tap off the excess.
In spite of that, I still think it's a really good product.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have the Palladio rice powder that's formed in China. It's the same exact product but the packaging is different in USA and UK. I have the translucent one and I absolutely LOVE it! It's great for blotting if you have to retouch your makeup or you can just wear it itself. Will buy again!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I learnt about this product from MakeUpGeek. The packaging is terrible and I don't use the sponge included. There aren't much colour selections. The translucent one was a bit too light as well. It could make my face looks cakey if too much powder was used.

It does help mattifying my skin for a while but touch up is needed in the afternoon for those with super dry yet oily skin likes myself.

I am still looking for some other loose powder for oil control.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I recently got this at Sally Beauty Supply, to hopefully keep me shine free or just less oily :P The translucent is a bit light for darker skin, but it can be blended. I got the warm beige at first, but then switched b/c I didn't think the color would look right w/ my foundation :P The price was great and you really get a good amount of powder! It was a real downer when I tried this out for the whole day at school, and STILL got greasy as usual :( It does absorb oil, but it didn't keep me shine free the whole day like I wanted! It's good as a highlighter, but I probably won't buy this again.