Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

3.7

on 3/24/2006 12:50:00 AM

Facial mist + loose powder in one! :)
I got this in red neutralizer, because i live in S. Calif, and uv doesn't bother me as I have great sunscreen, but the heat makes me look flushed since im very lively person. lol
with that said. I really love how this powder feels on my skin.
It feels like it's a facial mist, but in controlled way. Shiny shimmer particles makes you look like you have glowy face- If you prefer matte looking type powder, you might not really like this effect :)
The powder looks lil' brownish-yellow in a jar, and when I wear it in the morning as all over shimmery glowy finish, it looks dead yellowish.
So I carefully use in on cheeks. Then at afternoon when I run around or whatever, I don't have red-flushed cheeks. (Some likes right after workout flush, but I personally don't like it)
I can use it really lighthanded using face brush, I can get all over shimmer.
If I don't becareful, it looks dead yellow :(
People w/ rosacrea problem, or have too flushed cheeks, should try this.
This also feels SO good! continued >>

I love this powder! I will admit that I hated it the first time I tried it out. It looked like it just sat sparkling on my skin. But from the second use on, I was hooked. It makes my skin look great...evens out the color. I've even received compliments on my skin, which is new!!!! I'll keep buying this powder.

I love this powder! I will admit that I hated it the first time I tried it out. It looked like it just sat sparkling on my skin. But from the second use one, I was hooked. It makes my skin look great...evens out the color. I've even received compliments on my skin, which is new!!!! I'll keep buying this powder.

on 2/11/2006 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

a strange product that took a little getting used to. I use the yellow tint which is good for my asian skin which suffers from red scarring due to acne. its best used around the eyes, a small bit on the forhead and around the mouth afer applying bronzer to give a lovely lit look.

on 2/6/2006 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Fun to experiment with in the beginning... the cooling sensation & the natural glowing sheen that it gives. But, the brush that comes with this is terrible to use and getting it back into its compartment w/o splaying is tricky; use your own brush with this. Also, the cooling effects do disappear after a while. Wouldn't buy again.

on 3/2/2006 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Never heard of this product before but just browsing at the mall one Saturday and the salesperson talked me into a mini-facial and topped off with this powder. I've used very high-end loose powders all the way down to the drugstore brands. This is the best loose poweder I have used and would recommend to everyone. I have both fair and dry skin and got this in Translucient. I love the cooling affect it has on my skin and the secret to not looking white or pasty is to find your right color and not put too much on. The brush that came with it is worthless but I would say to invest in the Prescriptives Bronzer Brush for $35 - wow - well worth it and makes this powder go on flawlessly. The powder is light and it gives your skin a finishing touch that reflects the light. Again - I've used Bare Essentials, Avon, Mary Kay, Lancome, Benefit, etc., loose powders but this one tops them all. Thanks for the tip on keeping in the frig - to keep the moisture in the container.

on 1/17/2006 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This powder is a nice addition to my makeup routine. It adds some radiance without looking weird or fake. Just be careful not to put too much on your brush when applying. Also, make sure that you put the cap on tightly to preserve the water feeling. The only complaint that I have is that it has a bit too much pink in the powder shade (remember, I have a lot of yellow in my skin (px champagne)) and the brush that comes with the powder it virtually impossible to get back into the lid. Just throw that brush away!! Otherwise, a wonderful product, but I think that I will try the red neutralizing shade next time simply for a more even and matching tone to my skin.

on 12/19/2005 1:07:00 AM

I remember buying this years back, and the thing I remember is that cool tingle feeling on my skin. It was an interesting concept and it felt water based as well. But the effect was sort of alienish, like too much sheen. Hmm..

on 1/27/2006 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I like the cooling sensation and it adds just a hint of sparkle to my face. The brush is crap though, I use my own powder brush.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love Prescritives but I see this as totally useless. I use their foundations and this powder like others have said, doesn't set it or anything. It just sort of sits on top of skin.