MAC 15-PAN

MAC 15-PAN
15-PAN

4.7

on 7/8/2007 5:14:00 AM

I like just about everything about this palette!

It is sleek, black and stores 15 babies from MAC. I have no problem with the opaque lid, it would look very messy with something in plastic. It saves a lot of time trying to find the eye shadows. Unfortunately for me we do not have B2M i Norway, so there is no instant gratification from filling a 15-pan. Furthermore, I am kind of obsessional when it comes to colors, and I must insist on having rows of three and three monochromatics. Surely you can understand that this destroys a lot of the fun when it comes to eye shadow. So, because of the lack of B2M (and palettes also, got this on eBay, payed more then retail) and for the sake of creativity I have decided to keep my babies in separate homes (pots). I plan on getting a stand like they have at the counters for better availability. This way I do not have to bring along everything on my travels and there for saving myself the distress of getting robbed of my collection or having the smashed in customs or by airport security... And if something breaks, it doesn't contaminate the whole shebang. Misunderstand my correctly, I love this palette and it is VERY useful if you have alot of eye shadows, but me and my wacko personality will be better off with those little pots flying around. (I only use two to three eye shadows at a time anyway...)

I own several of these babies and I can't wait to fill more. I don't want a clear lid though. I like the case. I did however drop on and broke the hinge. I was able to use it as a B2M item. I have a few Bonne Belle shadows that also fit the case.

Everyone covered the basics on this so I'm just adding a thumbs up for fun.

EDIT 5/15/07 I just learned to Depot (so easy) and now I'm really in trouble. LOL

on 3/22/2007 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I finally got my hands on one of these, as well as the 4 pan, and can't wait to get organized. I just recently had a strong lemming for this when I realized that E.L.F. and MAC are exactly the same size. I love to customize palettes and loved doing that with Stila but Stila's not available in Manila, and the palettes are so expensive. So, for others who want blushes and glosses in their MAC pans, buy the E.L.F. custom refills. E.L.F. blushes are incredibly pigmented, and only $1, so how can you go wrong? Love, Love, Love!

on 3/6/2007 3:32:00 AM

I guess there is no point to further describe how great this product it. Just wanted to add one more note regarding depotting.

I put the e/s under a table lamb for about 20 mins for soften the glue. Insert a needle in the crack between the pan and the plastic pot to open a little bit of space. This will create a tiny little dent on the side of the pan, but it's virtually invisible. Then stick something sharp in it and pry it out SLOWLY. I used my pointy metal nailfile to do it, but I think a small kife will work the same.

Hope some people will find it useful :)

i fully agree that mac could make this item a thousand times better if the lid were clear, but that would take away some of the sleek minimalist design we usually expect from mac. as other reviewers have said, if you have a bunch of shadows depotting (or just buying pro pans if you're new to the game) is the way to go. not only would you get some sort of free back 2 mac product, you also have the convienience of having all your eyeshadows orgainzed in whatever way suits you. at the moment i only have one mac 15 pan, two four pans, two ELF four pans and one CG four pan. i like having the option of mixing and matching while i'm on vacation or whatever. and IMHO, there's little that's more fulfilling in the makeup world than a palette that you designed yourself.

on 2/11/2007 8:24:00 PM

I love these empty palettes. I have 19 of them for all of my eyeshadows. As one who did makeup on the side for extra money, I have to say these are really handy. 15 different choices in one thin, good sized little compact. I also like that these palettes also fit Milani and other shadows. For $12, this sure beats the elf palettes. They are $1 for a 4 pan, but when you add shipping and whatnot, the MAC palettes are a much much better deal in my opinion. $12 is not a lot to pay for convenience and overall better storage of your eyeshadows. I dont really agree with others who say the lid should be clear. Why? You have to open the palette to use the eyeshadows anyway lol. I think making a clear lid would take away from the chic MAC design and also make the palette look "cheap." Overall, this is an amazing, handy, everyday product and I dont think anyone can/should really be unhappy with it. ♥ MAC.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Awesome palette. Great how so many different brands of eyeshadows can fit into these. Would buy many more. =)

on 8/19/2006 10:53:00 AM

im already on my second pan and i bring both with me whenever i travel.. i just can't choose. the only complaint i have is that shimmers from my eyeshadows seems to fall out everywhere and makes it super messy.

on 8/29/2006 11:59:00 AM

There isn't a lot more I can say about this pan other than I would purchase it again. However, the SA at my counter did give me a tip:

If you have more than 15 shadows, you can pop the holder out of the inside of this and store about 30 shadows in this pan using just the magnets to hold it in place. She said it works perfectly (she doesnt' lose anything) and it's twice the storage space.

Anyway, some of you may find that helpful. :)

on 7/6/2006 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

OMG I finally caved and bought this, thinking I'll fill it with new pans I purchase. Well, my OCD took over and I depotted all my existing eyeshadow pans and organized them here. Awesome!!!! I feel like a professional makeup artist.

On depotting: This takes practice. I was not able to successfully depot (without breaking the shadow) until my 3rd try. These are my words of advice.

For MAC. First separate the pan holder from what I'll call the pot. Open the shadow. Where the hinge is slipin a flat head screwdiver and twist until it pops off. Then take a lighter and hold a lit flame under the pan holder part until you see the plastic melt a bit. Then use the screwdriver head to gently push through the pan in the melted part. I find twisting with moderate pressure is the best. I took the time to wipe down all the glue before I put them in the pallate.

For Milani. Remove the back label. There is a pinhole through which a tack or I used a nail can be used to push the pan through. Also good to wipe down glue.

Thanks to all those MUA's who gave detailed instructions on their successes and failures for their information. Without this site, I did not even know about pallettes and depotting.

Some last words, E.L.F. (eyeslipsface.com) has amazing 4-pan pallettes for $1. Way nicer than MAC's for $3.50. For when you don't want to travel with the 15 pan.