Everyday Minerals Intensive Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

3.9

Not tested on animals

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Oxide

on 1/3/2010 7:54:00 AM

This is definately one of the best mineral foundations on the market. I used this one every day, before I purchased the Tikei Mineral Foundation(swedish brand).

The EM Foundation is very affordable, the box lasts forever, it gives a natural and great result, it contains good ingredients for your skin and it is not tested on animals.

I LOVE IT.

on 1/1/2010 4:25:00 PM

I find this foundation chalky, it settles into fine lines and makes my pores look bigger. I've switched to Silk Naturals foundation instead, love the custom blend option and I find the finish more flattering on the skin.

on 12/20/2009 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I got this in the sample kit they used to have.To me,it's very much the same as the matte formula,and didn't do much for me.I just ran out of it this month though,and I've had it since June,so it lasts really long for a sample.The lid literally cracks off after some time,which is odd.I'll stick to liquid foundation for the winter.Maybe I'll switch back to powder in the summer.

on 12/18/2009 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Good coverage, great range of colorshowever not only did it look pale in photos and make me break out, I sweat with some of this on and it got weird and cakey and looked terrible! I don't know if it's an issue with my skin (oily) but either way I was disappointed.

on 12/13/2009 9:45:00 PM

Lovely product! For me, this gives a nice, medium coverage and wears well throughout the day. I do have to make sure to moisturize before I put this on in the morning because it does accentuate dry patches, but that's been my experience with most mineral makeup. Definitely a great product for the price!

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I love this foundation, it looks totally natural and, amazingly flawless. (: I love it, people always say I have great skin when I wear it. It's superrrr natural loving it. :D This is my go to foundation! My favorite mineral foundation, never switching this one. (: One of my all time favorites.

I own EDM's foundations in all four formulas. I'd use them on different occasions, depending on a) the occasion and/or b) the condition of my skin.
I tend to use the Intensive formula whenever I go to a major event (Christmas party etc) or if my skin shows lots of imperfections/exess oil. The formula provides great coverage without any shine and stays on perfectly all day/night long, covering spots and hiding enlarged pores.
As with all mineral foundations powders it's important not to use too much powder; start with a smaller amount and build up to achieve the desired coverage!

on 12/7/2009 8:25:00 PM

The intensive formula gave me a lot of bumps (I don't have a better word to describe them) that I had never had before it took almost a month to clear up I won't ever touch this stuff again not even with a stick.

This makeup is brilliant! My skin is weird...I have flaky chin,oily nose,semi-oily cheeks,lots of reddish pink marks from acne. On good days when my red marks look more pale,you can only see one red mark show through. On bad days where my red marks appear darker,there's still about a 70% improvement after I apply the makeup. It goes on very smoothly over my entire face,even my chin.I sometimes get those deep,throbbing pimples but this foundation has never made it worse. As you wear it through the day,it starts to "set" even more and looks better,just be sure to oil blot through the day. It actually holds up better to my oil than other brands,though.Mineral makeup does tend to be messy,but the coverage is so good I really couldn't care less!I wear black shirts a lot and all I need is one swipe with my arm and all the speckles brush off.It doesn't stick to your clothes,so the mess part shouldn't even be a big deal.

on 11/27/2009 8:09:00 PM

This is going to be a similar review to my review on the Semi-Matte formula. While the EM samples were really cheap, and I had no problem with the packing, the problem I do have with these foundations is that they just don't show up on my face. Although the coverage is noticably heavier than the Semi-Matte upon application, this makeup just disappears minutes after it's applied - it settles into my skin and ends up accentuating my flakies and oilies. I once applied this foundation (with Kaolin Powder Sunlight underneath and Daydream blush on the cheeks) and 30 minutes later my friends ask me if I was going to put any makeup on before we went out! My skin looked exactly the same as it did without makeup, and believe you me, I do not have great skin without makeup! The other thing that was kind of weird was that while Semi Matte in Golden Fair was my perfect match, Intensive in Golden Fair seemed a little pinker (and maybe slightly darker, as many users warned would happen with the Intense formula). Plus the color is really flat, and the finish is a bit dull (is it too much to ask that a makeup give both good coverage and a healthy-looking finish?) I used the EM flat top brush to apply. Wish I could find a chemical-free makeup that really worked!