Maybelline Wet Shine Diamonds [DISCONTINUED]

Maybelline Wet Shine Diamonds [DISCONTINUED]

3.4

on 5/13/2003 11:48:00 PM

I got this in "Pink Topaz" for $1.19. It shines nice and doesn't dry out quickly. I like it and would probably get WSD again.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought it in Pink Diamonds, which looked great on Josie Maran in the ad (she has similar coloring to me, so I thought it would look good, but of course I should have known that things never look as good as they do in magazines). It put thick pink sparkles-- not shimmery "diamonds" all over my lips, and was so drying I had to wipe it off after only a few minutes. There wasn't anything that remotely resembled a wet shine. It was pretty matte, except for the sparkles. Maybe it's nicer in another color.

on 3/30/2003 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Another favorite of mine is Maybelline WSD in Mauvey Rock, just a swipe of this lipstick then a coat of MAC Clear Lipglass can brightened the whole face. Enough said!

on 1/19/2003 6:24:00 AM

Just a cheap, gimmicky drugstore lipstick, IMO. The glitter isn't gritty, but the texture of the lipstick is very drying. It doesn't wear well, and fades to a tacky uneven stain within the hour. There's absolutely no hint of the shine advertised- in fact, this is about as badly false advertised as the original Wet Shine lipsticks. Ugh.

on 3/29/2003 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Even though the formula is a bit thin I really liked the color and sparkles of WSD. I have it in Sparkling Sand and it gives my lips a nice sheer bronzey color. Ill probably wear it over MAC Hodgepodge or Wet N Wild 712. Also very moisturizing!

True, they don't stay on brilliantly and they look absolutely NOTHING like in the ad...BUT, they are a bit shimmery and wet looking and definately moisturising. When they do wear off (they have some staying power) they don't go everywhere and leave a little moisture and "diamonds", which is nice. The colours I've got, and the reason why I chose 5 stars, is that I can put them on without a mirror and just smack my lips together (maybe hoping for the best!) Anyway, they're: Gem Crushed Merlot - looks darkish strawberry to me, Jewels 'N' Berries - lovely soft berry, but plenty of colour, Rose Dream (bought in Italy, so not sure what the other name is - maybe Rhinestone pink?), but a pretty soft pink, and Glowing Glimmer, a very pretty, sheer bright, but not too bright Fuscha? on my lips and teamed with Blush/Brush "Pretty Pink", I get that really fresh, pinched cheek "just come in from cold" look. Like them much better than Wet Shine!

on 2/17/2003 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Does NOT last long at all. Like the texture and colors but what is the point when you have to reapply constantly? blech

on 2/15/2003 8:12:00 PM

I got this in Mauvey Rock based on an article that rec'd it for my coloring in InStyle mag. It's a nice color for the weekend or when you just want something to swipe on and go. I don't care for the pink packaging and sometimes it pushes itself back into the tube when I'm applying it.

This lipstick has got to be for little girls because the color, strawberry ice, is too cutesy for women. The ads make it look like it's for every age, but this is just not so. I have to say that this lipstick is the worst I've bought. It doesn't shine or sparkle like the commercials emphasize. It's bad, bad, badbut I'm not surprised...it's Maybellin. I have to forgive myself for spending my money on it, because, hey, we're all entitled to make a mistake or two!

on 2/15/2003 4:10:00 PM

nice lipstick.. my lips get VERY shiny..the colors are pretty even though they're not strong and don't last very long