Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.3

100 NATURAL CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

I really love this mask for both its efficacy and price point. For starters my skin type is normal/dry, has a tendency to look dull, with occasional hormonal breakouts around my chin and sometimes my cheeks (normally from makeup/skincare).

Anyway, I never knew this mask was supposed to be mixed with ACV, so for the first handful of times I was using it, I was applying a thin patchy layer on my face, leaving it for 20-30 minutes and rinsing. I prefer wearing the mask this way because I achieve the best results: Glowing skin, clarity, and blemishes are reduced. This effect even lasts me the next 2 days!

I took off one star because, when visiting my mother and using the one she purchased, it turned my face BRIGHT red. I'm not sure what happened? Either I have very hyper sensitive skin or the ingredients aren't consistent.

p.s. mixing this with ACV is a no no for my skin, it's just too strong, and left my skin feeling very irritated.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

LOVE this multi-use, clay powder! I guess it depends on what you are looking for in a mask, but this deep-cleaning wonder is perfect for me. Clay masks are for drawing impurities out of the skin and this one does just that and it's 100% clay...unlike most other "clay" masks. It's a simple concept but gives great results. The price is excellent and the product lasts forever. The first few uses may cause a few, scattered zits but those are just from all the embedded crud being brought to the surface. To keep it from being too drying, I use a heavy layer of Josie Maran Argan Oil to replenish moisture immediately after rinsing the clay off. Coconut oil works great too. Using it at bedtime allows for the redness to fade. It is AWESOME (and cheap) as a full body mask too. It deep-cleans my back and chest so I rarely have breakouts in those areas any more and the exfoliation keeps me from getting ingrown hairs when I shave. I could go on-and-on with all the uses for this stuff (clay hot and cold packs for sore muscles, clay hair/scalp mask, clay foot soak...etc.etc.) but you'll find your own if you try it.

on 8/19/2016 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hm... I'm torn about this product, as I am very often. But I will try do review this.

+ Does really cleanse my skin out
+ Lasts for a very, very long time
- Kind of annoying to blend it together, I always make too much = wastes product
- Leaves my skin really, really red after using it. I mean; you can see the exact line from where I've put it on my face. It says on the backside that that's normal, but i don't appreciate it.

I don't think I'll buy this again, I like Lush masks and other more gentle masks more.

on 8/18/2016 8:00:00 PM

This product is way too over hyped. I just can't seem to get why are people so in love with it. Did nothing to my acne except made it worse. Seriously, it made my already existing zits and pimples irritated and much bigger the next day after its use. It did not do anything to my blackheads either. Way too drying and harsh.My skin became so flaky after i used it, literally i had dry patches everywhere on my cheeks. It's so hard to get off, and very messy to prepare too. Won't recommend it to anyone, especially people with acne prone skin.

on 8/17/2016 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

My oily peri menopausal skin was driving me nuts then I discovered this angel in a pot. I can honestly say my skin has never looked better (sans the wrinkles of course.) To get the true benefits it must be mixed with ACV. It dries down to a rock solid consistency on the face giving a "pulsing" sensation as it does - this is normal. I leave in on for 30 mins (can't take any more than that) then simply rinse it off. Top tip - dampen the mask with water before trying to remove otherwise it can smart! I have spent ££££££ on face masks etc & this is by far the best, and the cheapest. Highly recommend this.

This is an amazing face mask! will help clean pores and minimize any outbreaks! I mix mine with organic apple cider vinegar for an extra boost! it leaves your skin feeling clean and fresh! this is an intense face mask, pul

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Great product and makes loads of face masks for the fraction of the price of a store bought mask. The small tub lasts me about a year and I make face masks about twice a week (max.)

This mask helps to detoxify and clear my skin although I wish it could peel off but can't change what nature made lol

My recipe for a facial mask is
1 tsp clay (draws out toxins and increases blood circulation which helps bring nutrients to the skin)

1 tsp turmeric (to reduce inflammation and redness, too much can leave yellow tinge on skin but will easily come off with a facial wash, best done at night just in case)

3 capsules of charcoal or 1 tsp of charcoal (draws out impurities)

1/4 tsp camu camu powder (highest source of vitamin c in the world) or pinch of vitamin c powder (this helps to remove dead skin cells, exfoliate skin and increase collagen production)

1 tsp apple cider vinegar (removes dead skin cells and counteracts the alkaline pH of the clay), I often leave this out as the camu camu or vitamin c are acidic and so also balance the alkaline pH of the clay

(1/4 tsp oil, I use coconut oil because this mask can dry your skin out, but any oil or moisturiser you skin likes will work)

1 - 2 tsp water, its better to have a liquid consistency than too thick because a thick mask wont spread over the skin as well and a liquid consistency can get into the pores better and consequently get more out of your pores. If you try a liquid consistency you can see after it has all dried completely there are tiny dark circles on the surface of the mask where your pores are (there are pictures of this on google images as I can't explain it well). Basically these circles are where the clay has absorbed the impurities and excess oil in your pores, and my point is when you use a thick mask you can't see these circles so you won't know if its done. It doesn't mean a thick mask won't draw out impurities but at least with a thin mask you can see when its done.

Make sure the tea spoons aren't heaped and don't use metal utensils (bowl, spoon etc) because the clay can interfere with the metal and reduce the effectiveness of the mask. Your face make look red after using this because the clay increases blood circulation in the face, it will return to normal in about 20 minutes, its better to do this at night rather than wasting time by waiting for your face to return to normal in the morning. This mask is best followed up with a nourishing serum, oil or moisturiser as the clay can dry out skin temporarily.

This mask helps to clear my skin, exfoliate and make my skin look glowy, absolutely love it , you can also use the clay on your hair and there are many recipes out there.

on 8/4/2016 1:27:00 PM

indin

on 7/12/2016 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Bought into the hype and got this. I was excited for it because people were saying it gets rid of black heads. This mask did nothing for me. I've tried it with water and ACV and I still don't get the results I want. Plus it's such a pain to get off. If it actually worked for me I'd look past that, but it doesn't.

on 7/12/2016 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Must buy. I have sensitive skin. I usually tend to break out if i use masks that aren't homemade natural ones (love them) or sanctuary's masks... apart from those... nothing suits.

This is a hidden gem of a product. It is pure bentonite clay... a natural product. It comes in a big plastic tub in powder form.

My skin feels smoother, pores feel/look smaller, face doesn't get oily anymore, and old acne marks have faded.

This product had to be used in non-metal containers/non metal spoons etc too. I use a brush to apply evenly. The product has to be mixed in equal measures with apple cider vinegar (recommended) or water. When mixed with just water it can remain lumpy and when mixed with acv it is smooth. I have sensitive skin and noticed after using once that it left my skin a little dry so i add a few extras to my mask mix. I add a few drops of either almond or coconut oil, i also add a spoon of natural yogurt and i always use acv.
I apply a thick layer of the mask and leave it on for a min of 20 min - 45 mins. I use it once or twice a week in the evening.
Once applied the mask will begin to feel tight on your face, then you have to try and get past the 'itchy' stage which can last 5 mins lol! Get passed this and you'll then start to feel your face pulsate lol! When it starts to dry it can crack but again this is normal. Also the pulsating sensation feels strange but it's worth it for the results.
Washing off can be tough but i've finally found a way to wash it off without blocking drains or ruining washcloths etc!! I basically peel off the cracked mask from my nose area (this removed blackheads too.. i know.. great right! I also use on just my nose sometimes) and then i splash and ensure my face is throughly wet/the mask is wet and soft again. I then begin to use a cotton wool pad that i keep washing to wet an area whilst wiping away. This washes the mask away cleanly, without big bits blocking drains and without my skin being sore from rubbing it off.
The mask can leave face red for a few minutes after but that's natural as it's been busy pulling dirt from the pores. Once face has been washed etc I moisurise with aloe vera gel all over.

This mask can also be used for blackheads as mentioned above. It can also be used in a bath to remove toxins and leave skin soft (mixes fine.. no lumps). It can also be used on hair.. takes far too long to wash out though. If i feel i have a spot coming.. i use this on just the spot at night and by morning it goes. As i said... I add oil to the powder and apple cider vinegar as i don't want my face to dry out etc... sure it'll be fine to use without oil.

Also a heads up.. Bear in mind i'm talking from my experience from using the product... the first time i used this i broke out in a few bumps, this is due to the fact the mask pulls out the dirt from your pores etc. After this i have been fine. Also as i've said above... if i feel like i'm going to break out and feel a bump i dab/apply the mask on to the spot(s) for about 20 mins then wash off and by morning the spot thankfully doesn't appear and if the spot does appear then this helps it.

Price.. It can be bought for a good price on amazon. A tub lasts a very long time. Packaging is ok.. basic and explains the mask's instructions etc.