Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.3

100 NATURAL CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 9/1/2016 12:32:00 PM

Here is an important tip when using this product, you must NOT use metal spoons, or metal anything while mixing or scooping. When you do, you break down the ions. When you break down the ions, there is less "pulling power" and that means you are ruining the effectiveness of the mask.I see all these great reviews, rightfully so. But everyone fails to mention no metal.
Anyways, I have combination skin, I'm 32, I love this product. All though at first it broke me out a little around my chin, I kept telling myself that it was happening because it was working. I always use this mask with Mother Apple Cider Vinegar. It makes for a much smoother mask. You can use water, but you end up with a clumpy mask. Also, I use a brush to apply this to my face. As using fingers can get messy very quick. I leave it on for about 15 minutes (anything longer and it's drying) I then get in the shower and wet a face cloth. I press the face cloth against my face to re-dampen the mask. It wipes off WAY easier that way and if you try to take this mask off dry, you could make microscopic cuts in the skin, and scratches. You're way better off pressing and making it damp again. Then wipe.
When I'm done, I immediately apply Argon Oil to my face while it's still damp from the shower. I do this before I even towel dry myself bc I want all the moisture to be locked in. My face feels so smooth and healthy after this mask. It improves the dull look I get once and a while. Also it helps with the white/blackheads. Not to mention this tub will last you FOREVER. Good stuff. I never use any other mask now, other than this. Everyone I've recommended this to, has loved it also.

on 8/30/2016 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is a great CHEAP clay mask for oily skin. I have used this since my teens. It is great to help with blackheads also. In my teens, I used this once a week. I don't use it that often any more. I'm approaching my 30s, and my skin is not as oily as before. If one day my skin feels too oily and looks too clogged, I use this. I never use it if my skin feels dehydrated, as that will only make things worse. Benonite clay has a highly alkaline pH that can be irritating to the skin. It is important to mix it with something that will lower the pH to a more skin-friendly level. You can mix it with ACV or Aloe Vera Juice, depending on your skin's sensitivity. It says on the instructions you can mix it with ACV or water, but don't follow the water advice. Water will not bring down the pH and will leave you with a clumpy mess. Make sure to mix the ACV or Aloe Vera Juice with a non-metal spoon in a non-metal bowl. When taking the mask off, do not rub. That will irritate your skin. Pat and repeatedly throw water onto your skin. It takes a minute, but it will come off.

on 8/26/2016 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was using this product several months ago and had great results. But as time goes by and new products are introduced it got pushed to the back of my closet in order to make room to try new things. I got very busy with life and trying to get the house ready to put on the market and forgot about Aztec Secret. Needless to say, my skincare routine suffered and my complexion showed the neglect. So today I reached for the Aztec Secret, whipped up a mask and remembered why I bought and used this in the first place.

I've tried many masks at different price points, but this one does exactly what I need it to do, which is to clear out my pores and make my skin feel clean, smooth and soft again.

I really love this mask for both its efficacy and price point. For starters my skin type is normal/dry, has a tendency to look dull, with occasional hormonal breakouts around my chin and sometimes my cheeks (normally from makeup/skincare).

Anyway, I never knew this mask was supposed to be mixed with ACV, so for the first handful of times I was using it, I was applying a thin patchy layer on my face, leaving it for 20-30 minutes and rinsing. I prefer wearing the mask this way because I achieve the best results: Glowing skin, clarity, and blemishes are reduced. This effect even lasts me the next 2 days!

I took off one star because, when visiting my mother and using the one she purchased, it turned my face BRIGHT red. I'm not sure what happened? Either I have very hyper sensitive skin or the ingredients aren't consistent.

p.s. mixing this with ACV is a no no for my skin, it's just too strong, and left my skin feeling very irritated.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

LOVE this multi-use, clay powder! I guess it depends on what you are looking for in a mask, but this deep-cleaning wonder is perfect for me. Clay masks are for drawing impurities out of the skin and this one does just that and it's 100% clay...unlike most other "clay" masks. It's a simple concept but gives great results. The price is excellent and the product lasts forever. The first few uses may cause a few, scattered zits but those are just from all the embedded crud being brought to the surface. To keep it from being too drying, I use a heavy layer of Josie Maran Argan Oil to replenish moisture immediately after rinsing the clay off. Coconut oil works great too. Using it at bedtime allows for the redness to fade. It is AWESOME (and cheap) as a full body mask too. It deep-cleans my back and chest so I rarely have breakouts in those areas any more and the exfoliation keeps me from getting ingrown hairs when I shave. I could go on-and-on with all the uses for this stuff (clay hot and cold packs for sore muscles, clay hair/scalp mask, clay foot soak...etc.etc.) but you'll find your own if you try it.

on 8/19/2016 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hm... I'm torn about this product, as I am very often. But I will try do review this.

+ Does really cleanse my skin out
+ Lasts for a very, very long time
- Kind of annoying to blend it together, I always make too much = wastes product
- Leaves my skin really, really red after using it. I mean; you can see the exact line from where I've put it on my face. It says on the backside that that's normal, but i don't appreciate it.

I don't think I'll buy this again, I like Lush masks and other more gentle masks more.

on 8/18/2016 8:00:00 PM

This product is way too over hyped. I just can't seem to get why are people so in love with it. Did nothing to my acne except made it worse. Seriously, it made my already existing zits and pimples irritated and much bigger the next day after its use. It did not do anything to my blackheads either. Way too drying and harsh.My skin became so flaky after i used it, literally i had dry patches everywhere on my cheeks. It's so hard to get off, and very messy to prepare too. Won't recommend it to anyone, especially people with acne prone skin.

on 8/17/2016 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

My oily peri menopausal skin was driving me nuts then I discovered this angel in a pot. I can honestly say my skin has never looked better (sans the wrinkles of course.) To get the true benefits it must be mixed with ACV. It dries down to a rock solid consistency on the face giving a "pulsing" sensation as it does - this is normal. I leave in on for 30 mins (can't take any more than that) then simply rinse it off. Top tip - dampen the mask with water before trying to remove otherwise it can smart! I have spent ££££££ on face masks etc & this is by far the best, and the cheapest. Highly recommend this.

This is an amazing face mask! will help clean pores and minimize any outbreaks! I mix mine with organic apple cider vinegar for an extra boost! it leaves your skin feeling clean and fresh! this is an intense face mask, pul

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Great product and makes loads of face masks for the fraction of the price of a store bought mask. The small tub lasts me about a year and I make face masks about twice a week (max.)

This mask helps to detoxify and clear my skin although I wish it could peel off but can't change what nature made lol

My recipe for a facial mask is
1 tsp clay (draws out toxins and increases blood circulation which helps bring nutrients to the skin)

1 tsp turmeric (to reduce inflammation and redness, too much can leave yellow tinge on skin but will easily come off with a facial wash, best done at night just in case)

3 capsules of charcoal or 1 tsp of charcoal (draws out impurities)

1/4 tsp camu camu powder (highest source of vitamin c in the world) or pinch of vitamin c powder (this helps to remove dead skin cells, exfoliate skin and increase collagen production)

1 tsp apple cider vinegar (removes dead skin cells and counteracts the alkaline pH of the clay), I often leave this out as the camu camu or vitamin c are acidic and so also balance the alkaline pH of the clay

(1/4 tsp oil, I use coconut oil because this mask can dry your skin out, but any oil or moisturiser you skin likes will work)

1 - 2 tsp water, its better to have a liquid consistency than too thick because a thick mask wont spread over the skin as well and a liquid consistency can get into the pores better and consequently get more out of your pores. If you try a liquid consistency you can see after it has all dried completely there are tiny dark circles on the surface of the mask where your pores are (there are pictures of this on google images as I can't explain it well). Basically these circles are where the clay has absorbed the impurities and excess oil in your pores, and my point is when you use a thick mask you can't see these circles so you won't know if its done. It doesn't mean a thick mask won't draw out impurities but at least with a thin mask you can see when its done.

Make sure the tea spoons aren't heaped and don't use metal utensils (bowl, spoon etc) because the clay can interfere with the metal and reduce the effectiveness of the mask. Your face make look red after using this because the clay increases blood circulation in the face, it will return to normal in about 20 minutes, its better to do this at night rather than wasting time by waiting for your face to return to normal in the morning. This mask is best followed up with a nourishing serum, oil or moisturiser as the clay can dry out skin temporarily.

This mask helps to clear my skin, exfoliate and make my skin look glowy, absolutely love it , you can also use the clay on your hair and there are many recipes out there.