Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.3

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I recommend using aloe vera gel to mix with this clay if you dont want to use apple cider vinegar. The aloe vera gel also keeps the mixture smooth, unlike with water which doesnt allow it to spread well and turns clumpy. Even though I do not use this mask much anymore (I did this mask once a week), I used to mix it with aloe vera gel, ground oatmeal, and turmeric (these ingredients have lots of benefits such as helping inflammation and scarring, and is overall great for your skin). Also I stopped mixing the clay with apple cider vinegar because it gave me cystic pimples on my chin and also on my nose (which you could barely see, it just felt like I had a bruised nose. I was possibly just purging but I definitely do not have the patience to go through that.) Even though the mask felt really good with my mixture of aloe, oatmeal, and turmeric, it gave me rough patches on each side of my nose which did not go away for a month. I have stopped using the clay mask for my face because it was just too strong and did not really get rid of my blackheads either, just dried me out. I use this clay mostly for spot treatments and armpit detoxes now. (for the armpit detox, i mix this clay with apple cider and apply it to my armpits, this helps pull out all the toxins that are from deodorants. This probably sounds weird but search "armpit detox" on youtube for more info!)

on 4/4/2016 10:43:00 PM

This was amazing!!

I mixed it with apple cider. Was a bit tingly but my face is so smooth now.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is seriously the cheapest and most effective mask I have ever used! Deep cleaning, pore purging, it helps clear out existing acne including blackheads. My skin can be left a bit red afterwards so I only do this mask in the evening, once a week max. For those who broke out afterwards, this mask purges your pores, so don't be discouraged after trying it once!

I mix two parts clay powder with 1 part apple cider vinegar in a plastic container. First, I wash and gently exfoliate my face. Apply with fingertips and let dry or until you feel a pulsating sensation, which I will be honest, is very strange at first! Wash off with warm water, then apply your toners, essences, serums, and/or moisturiser as usual.

The clay mixed with witch hazel works well for a gentler mask. Water can also be used, but I found it did not break down the clay into the smooth consistency that ACV does.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This mask is crazy effective, lasts forever, and costs almost nothing - all of which make it one of my favorite masks of all time. I bought it on the recommendation of my BFF who is a skin care freak and was not disappointed. It's a green powder that you can mix with any liquid of your choice to make the actual mask; I have tried milk, coconut oil, and water all with great results, but I personally like to mix it with apple cider vinegar for maximum tingling and cleansing. The apple cider vinegar makes a fairly thin mask, so I add more powder than liquid (2:1 or 3:1 ratio) to make a consistency that I like. I let the mask set for 10-15 minutes, then wash off with warm water or a warm wash cloth. The mask mixture has a strong acidic smell with the apple cider vinegar than can be pretty powerful, but it fades as the mixture dries. It fizzes and bubbles as you mix it, and I would recommend mixing it in and with plastic or ceramic bowls/tools so that you don't corrode any metals with the acidic mixture. When the mask is applied it tingles a lot and feels cool, but the tingling fades as the mask dries. It hardens as it dries and makes it a little more difficult to move your face until it's washed off. Once washed off, my skin feels glowy, soft, and exceptionally clean - I feel like my pores are literally sucked clean when it's finished. I cannot recommend this product enough!

on 3/14/2016 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Tried this the other day with my boyfriend. The texture is thick and smooth to touch, definitely fun to put on and we had a good laugh and some funny pictures from the experience. Results: He liked it, left his skin soft; my skin is sensitive and it broke me out. Not terribly but I have three small new pimples suddenly after having my acne pretty much under control for weeks now. I love clay and am sure it works for some but wasn't my cup of tea.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i have a combination dry skin. i have issue with acne scar. i've been using it for 3 weeks. i use it 2-3 times a week for 10mins not more. eventho this mask dries my skin a bit, but i still love it. I think i should use it once a week, since i dont have new pimple anymore (thanks to honey and AVC too)

but i found its really work for small pimple, it makes it dry and heal faster and rarely leave any scar or dark spot after the pimple's gone.

dont forget to use your moisturize after wear this mask. i use aloe vera gel to cool it down ..

on 2/9/2016 12:12:00 PM

Best mask I have every used. Period. It transforms your skin right before your eyes. Excellent for break outs, large pores, and oil skin. Give this a try you will not be disappointed.

on 3/12/2016 6:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

THIS IS SUPERB!!! First time, I mixed it with apple vinegar, well the smell wasn't good but this mask is even better than my glamglow youthmud. My blackhead and whitehead seem disappeared. And the price is cheaper than any masks.

on 2/11/2016 10:59:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This mask is great! I have used it less than 8 times, I have not seen dramatic results...but it did DESTROY my stubborn jaw line pimples! I am excited to see what consistently using this mask can do.

This mask hurts. My face feels weird and uncomfortable the entire 15 minutes it is on. Additionally, it makes me look like a reptile. Buuut no pain, no beauty...right? The 15 minutes of weirdness is totally worth the lack of jawline pimples.

Pro-tips:
-Keep the stuff off/away from your precious eyebrows.
-Chase this with a sheet mask! Throw one in the fridge while you let the first mask dry. Wash off the clay and put on your chilled mask. It feels amazing/you're welcome ;)

on 2/22/2016 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

It is my first time to use the product. I have sensitive dry skin but i do not have pimples. I found the product interesting as it has many good claims on youtube about skincare.
First, i mixed an oatmeal with water and mixed the water of it to a clay powder. I was heaitant to use the AC vinegar coz of my skin sensitivity.And with some rosewater from burt's bee just to make a good consistency of the mixture. Apply applying and as it dries on my face, i could feel some stinging, minty and itchy feeling as well as the tightening too which actually so hard on your face. After few minutes, I rinsed it with warm water and the oatmeal mixture left, i used it on my face instead of facial soap.Then wallah! Though my face turned red but not that really bad, i found my skin smooth, clean and fresh.Then i chased with my serums and moisturizer. I love the product and will continue till i will be able to see its progress on my beauty journey. I believe that this product can do so much on my journey to anti aging too.
I recommend you to try this. Patience is a virtue anyway.
After 1st use, i saw result on me.