Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.4

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

I recently purchased this at my local Whole Foods store, and I'm so glad that I did. I'm trying to transition into natural/organic skincare products, and I needed to figure out a new face mask routine. I followed the directions on the packaging, and used a cheap synthetic-hair makeup brush to apply to my face, felt very cold to apply, but in a relaxing spa-like way. After washing it off, I had redness, but it goes away shortly after. I had no skin irritations, and it really surfaced black heads and my under-skin texture/stubborn acne. I definitely recommend using an oil to moisturize right after though.

So far, I've used it twice and am very pleased with the results. Will happily re-purchase and recommend to my friends and family.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Most effective mask tried so far. This works wonder on the acne. I'm having adult acne all of a sudden and nothing is working. I tried numerous product but everyday I'm seeing 1-2 new pimples. This mask is only thing which is helping to drying out the active pimples. I've used it with water but will use it with ACV. My skin is normal to mildly dry. I cannot keep it more than 10mins. I'm applying it 2-3 day/ week. After that I'm applying my toner,serum and night cream as usual. I'll repurchase it again.

on 4/16/2016 2:31:00 AM

This product is amazing!!! I struggled with acne 7 years ago for about 3 years. My skin has been mostly clear for over 4 years now with a few hormonal breakouts here and there. Recently, I've been under a lot of stress with school and my face flared up so bad, the worst it's been in years! I was so embarrassed to even go to class or interact with people. I found this product and have only been using it for 2 days and I see incredible results already. I use it with ACV and 3 drops of tea tree oil after I cleanse my face. The first day I used it I noticed a few more pimples on my forehead and my cheeks. THIS IS NORMAL!!!! Don't give up on it. It is pulling the dirt and bacteria out of your pores and making your skin fresh and clean, even if it doesn't look like it for the first couple of days. I used the product tonight and almost all of the new pimples decreased in size and redness and many of them disappeared. My pores are almost invisible now and my skin is glowing. I recommend this product for anyone with acne-prone skin because it won't excessively dry your face out like some salicylic acid medications will. My face has never felt so clean and refreshed in my entire life. This mask is honestly a miracle!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

At first try I think it did something on my face but after continuosly using it for 2 months nothing changed I just noticed that after using this ill get a zit like really after washing my face.. It makes my blackheads easy to remove BUT it doesn't remove ur blackheads No changes to my skin and pores 👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I recommend using aloe vera gel to mix with this clay if you dont want to use apple cider vinegar. The aloe vera gel also keeps the mixture smooth, unlike with water which doesnt allow it to spread well and turns clumpy. Even though I do not use this mask much anymore (I did this mask once a week), I used to mix it with aloe vera gel, ground oatmeal, and turmeric (these ingredients have lots of benefits such as helping inflammation and scarring, and is overall great for your skin). Also I stopped mixing the clay with apple cider vinegar because it gave me cystic pimples on my chin and also on my nose (which you could barely see, it just felt like I had a bruised nose. I was possibly just purging but I definitely do not have the patience to go through that.) Even though the mask felt really good with my mixture of aloe, oatmeal, and turmeric, it gave me rough patches on each side of my nose which did not go away for a month. I have stopped using the clay mask for my face because it was just too strong and did not really get rid of my blackheads either, just dried me out. I use this clay mostly for spot treatments and armpit detoxes now. (for the armpit detox, i mix this clay with apple cider and apply it to my armpits, this helps pull out all the toxins that are from deodorants. This probably sounds weird but search "armpit detox" on youtube for more info!)

on 4/4/2016 10:43:00 PM

This was amazing!!

I mixed it with apple cider. Was a bit tingly but my face is so smooth now.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This mask is crazy effective, lasts forever, and costs almost nothing - all of which make it one of my favorite masks of all time. I bought it on the recommendation of my BFF who is a skin care freak and was not disappointed. It's a green powder that you can mix with any liquid of your choice to make the actual mask; I have tried milk, coconut oil, and water all with great results, but I personally like to mix it with apple cider vinegar for maximum tingling and cleansing. The apple cider vinegar makes a fairly thin mask, so I add more powder than liquid (2:1 or 3:1 ratio) to make a consistency that I like. I let the mask set for 10-15 minutes, then wash off with warm water or a warm wash cloth. The mask mixture has a strong acidic smell with the apple cider vinegar than can be pretty powerful, but it fades as the mixture dries. It fizzes and bubbles as you mix it, and I would recommend mixing it in and with plastic or ceramic bowls/tools so that you don't corrode any metals with the acidic mixture. When the mask is applied it tingles a lot and feels cool, but the tingling fades as the mask dries. It hardens as it dries and makes it a little more difficult to move your face until it's washed off. Once washed off, my skin feels glowy, soft, and exceptionally clean - I feel like my pores are literally sucked clean when it's finished. I cannot recommend this product enough!

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is seriously the cheapest and most effective mask I have ever used! Deep cleaning, pore purging, it helps clear out existing acne including blackheads. My skin can be left a bit red afterwards so I only do this mask in the evening, once a week max. For those who broke out afterwards, this mask purges your pores, so don't be discouraged after trying it once!

I mix two parts clay powder with 1 part apple cider vinegar in a plastic container. First, I wash and gently exfoliate my face. Apply with fingertips and let dry or until you feel a pulsating sensation, which I will be honest, is very strange at first! Wash off with warm water, then apply your toners, essences, serums, and/or moisturiser as usual.

The clay mixed with witch hazel works well for a gentler mask. Water can also be used, but I found it did not break down the clay into the smooth consistency that ACV does.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i have a combination dry skin. i have issue with acne scar. i've been using it for 3 weeks. i use it 2-3 times a week for 10mins not more. eventho this mask dries my skin a bit, but i still love it. I think i should use it once a week, since i dont have new pimple anymore (thanks to honey and AVC too)

but i found its really work for small pimple, it makes it dry and heal faster and rarely leave any scar or dark spot after the pimple's gone.

dont forget to use your moisturize after wear this mask. i use aloe vera gel to cool it down ..

on 3/14/2016 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Tried this the other day with my boyfriend. The texture is thick and smooth to touch, definitely fun to put on and we had a good laugh and some funny pictures from the experience. Results: He liked it, left his skin soft; my skin is sensitive and it broke me out. Not terribly but I have three small new pimples suddenly after having my acne pretty much under control for weeks now. I love clay and am sure it works for some but wasn't my cup of tea.