Darphin Purifying Balm

Darphin Purifying Balm

4.1

Corylus Americana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Beeswax, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Hypericum Perforatum Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Copaifera Officinalis (Balsam Copaiba) Resin, Ferula Galbaniflua (Galbanum) Resin Oil, Linalool, Citronellol, Limonene, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Farnesol

on 4/23/2005 11:33:00 PM

This is the first product i bought from this range and i have to say I quite like it.
I apply it on at night and wake up in the morning with a non shiny skin. I ve only been using it for a brief time tho so I don't know if it will " turn " on me . Hopefully it will help my acne prone skin.. so far so good. Will update if any changes .

on 3/31/2005 3:55:00 PM

I'm an absolutely loyal fan to Darphin but I can't get into this balm. I wasn't put off by the waxy texture or smell (I rather liked it!) but it just didn't do anything for my skin...I applied a thin layer on a cleansed face before bed. I woke up with slight irritations and a little bit of dryness. I know that the purifying balm has a cult following - it's meant to suffocate germs and bacteria - but it's just not the right product for me.

Love this balm! Had a generous sample from Neiman's and immediatly used it that night. However, I had break-outs at the time and it only seemed to prolong my pimples. I gave up and tried a couple of months later, when my skin cleared it. Now I love it because it keeps my skin clear and I wake up with glowing, moisturized skin. By the way, the ingredients listed by someone below are incorrect i think, because the ingredients on my box are all natural waxes and plant oils and extracts. There is no petroleum or petroleum-like products on the list. Is there some type of confusion? im unclear. But anyways, I love it and my sample is only 1/3 the way through and I have been using it weekly for 2 months now. A regular size jar would easily last a year so if you are wondering if you should purchase, I think you should give it a try, or try Decleor's balms, they are cheaper.

on 3/14/2005 6:23:00 AM

This stuff is fantastic! I get very clogged up skin and this (as well as Eve Lom cleanser) is the best rememdy for it.

I put it on before bed and wake up with smooth, clear skin. It has a very natural smell, unlike a lot of treatments for spots or clogged skin.

Forget about using the Disencrustant Lotion. This on its own does the job.

The only problem is that its in a little jar so you really need a spatula to get it out.

The jar seems tiny for the price but it goes a long way.

I could not live without this.

on 1/22/2005 11:45:00 PM

This is one of those weird things that gets recommended to you by MUAs. I was skeptical of this at first but it has been 6 months and I still think it was a worthy buy. I don't know if the decongesting properties really work but I wake up witht the BEST complexion! I have very sensitive skin and gets irritated easily but this leaves me with an even complexion all over. I'd buy it again simply for that!

on 3/30/2005 8:48:00 PM

fantastic product! Miracle product! The only drawback is the price.

Boy is this silly! It is pure wax and oil and it seems to work miracles on acne-prone girls. I was blessed with very good skin (I probably get 1 or 2 blemishes a year) and decided to use this to see it if would make it softer, more glowy, etc. I think that this is the only product that has ever broken me out. I could put Crisco on my skin and not get a zit, but this product managed to give me a few very stubborn blemishes. I saw that one review said that it does that at first while drawing impurities out of the skin. I am scared to keep using it though.

on 11/6/2004 5:15:00 AM

I use this product twice a week after exfoliation. You really only need a small amount therefore the 15 ml can last a long time. It has the consistency of crisco (as previously mentioned) but needs to be rubbed between the palms of your hands before applying. It feels slightly greasy but leaves my face well hydrated when I wake up in the morning. No breakouts for my acne prone skin.

on 1/22/2005 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

i definately like it, the smell is kinda strong to me though but my SO loves that smell for some reason. it does give me a nice glow :D

A tiny amount really helped to moisturise the dry patches on my combo/sensitive skin. I'm not sure it did anything to purify or heal my blemishes, but it certainly didn't aggravate them, and felt very calming and soothing. Instructions on the box recommend not wearing under makeup, but I tried doing this before I read the instructions, and actually found that my makeup lasted longer (provided you don't apply too much), it provided a great base for foundation and created a uniform complexion. I scooped out a tiny amount (about the size of 2 grains of rice), warmed it in my palms and pressed onto face - my MU didn't fade or slide. I don't use it this way regularly (only when I can feel the dry environment will dehydrate my skin), usually I use it for a soothing face massage.