Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

Update:
I wear contact lens.
As a habit, I discovered, I wash my hands with Cetaphil before inserting my contacts.

My contacts are in my bathroom by the sink and mirror. Germs thrive in bathrooms and hand soap is kept by the sink for washing.

Did you ever get handsoap in your eyes? I used to wash my hands with soap and water and then insert my lens.
OMG the burn!!!

I discovered, the other day when my Cetaphil bottle was empty, I wash my hands with Cetaphil after I use soap and water. The Cetaphil neutralizes the sting of soap on my contacts.

You can rinse and rinse your contacts with wetting solution but that one finger may have just a tad of soap lingering on it.

Right now, my right eye lid is clamped shut and watering from soap sting.

Using Cetaphil as I described is not suggested or endorsed on label. It's something I have been doing forever and it works for me.

Previous review:
Just picked up 3 pack from Sam's to avoid making mistake of buying "compare to Cetaphil" product merchandised next to Cetaphil on retail shelf. Dermatologist recommended brand when I was on heavy acne medication. I strayed away but always return. I use to remove makeup and eye makeup. It doesn't sting eyes. Everyone is different and I appreciate reading the reviews.

This Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser does a good job at removing makeup. Leaves my skin feeling clean and fresh without making it feel dry or irritated. Nice for people with sensitive skin.

on 4/29/2017 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have gone thru 3 bottles of this. Would not say is my HG product. It just cleans my face without breaking me out which is hard to say for a lot products in the market now. For oily skin girls, it helps to control a tad bit of oil on your face. It might seem that you did not clean your face as it's a very light formula and does not have any smell. But it's not a bad product to use on a daily basis. I wouldn't recommend it to clean make up and I don't use this on the days I don't wear makeup and it doesn't give a through cleanse

on 4/21/2017 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I don't get all the hype. I wish I did, because in theory this should work great for my sensitive skin. This is akin to dish soap IMO while not making my skin feel clean at the same time. It's just clear, blah liquid soap. Pass.

on 4/21/2017 12:35:00 PM

I have dry, sometimes sore and irritated skin so thought this would be a good choice as Cetaphil Cream is amazing for these conditions. Although this feels gentle and soothing to use, it does not clean your skin very well. It definitely doesn't clean off makeup or foundation. After using this and then using a toner, I could still see a lot of makeup on the cotton wool ball. If your skin isn't cleansed properly you are just asking for more skin problems. As long as you are prepared to use a secondary cleansing product to remove makeup or oil build up, then this is a nice gentle cleanser to finish with.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This cleanser was ok. I wanted to give it a try because so many people have sworn by this and my skin seems to be dehydrated now that I'm in my late 20s. I wanted to find something that was gentle and hydrating for my face without leaving a greasy feel afterwards. This cleanser did the job of cleaning it but I felt that my skin still looked stripped after. It really didn't do too much for my face other than clean it and it did not leave a greasy feel. I would say that it is gentle and didn't cause any irritations. I tried the CeraVe Hydrating cleanser and I found it to be much better. My face looked much more hydrated and softer compared to this cleanser.

on 4/19/2017 2:47:00 PM

I only use this when my I am having breakouts for whatever reason. It really stops the breakouts and they seem to heal faster. However when I use it every day when my skin isnt acting up I find it very drying. I love the pump and rhe price is great as one lasts me forever only using it occasionally

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

• Lasts forever for the price.
• Leaves a film.
• Leaves skin soft.
• Never caused a breakout. Calms down my skin after a sweaty, bad food weekend.
• Does not feel satisfying on dry skin, even if it is soft.
• Not drying.

Stopped repurchasing because I want something with more skin-loving ingredients.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this cleanser. When I was growing up, I had (and still have) dry, sensitive skin that is prone to breakouts and used to have to get facials semi-regularly. Instead of pushing expensive products on me, the esthetician recommended I use this gentle, basic skin cleanser daily and save the money to spend on really good moisturizing products. I have been following this advice for ten years and it has never failed! Another great aspect of this product is that you can use it for your body, too, so you save extra $$ by not buying extra body wash.

The one thing I don't like about this product is that it's not highly rated by the Environmental Working Group (EWG.org) because it contains parabens. Although I have used this product for years, I'm currently on the hunt for an EWG-friendly dupe!!

on 3/14/2017 3:05:00 AM

I tried this 3 times. I just could not continue for more. I ended up using it as a hand soap. It does not clean at all. The skin feels greasy after use and the mascara of course is still going strong on the eyes. It does not even budge. It is a little nothing that somehow disguised itself as a face cleanser. Sorry but no.