MAC Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

MAC Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

4.3

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Kinky, Coarse

I got Expensive pink at my local CCO outlet for like $8-10 bucks. I was looking everywhere when I happened to stumble across it. I use is over my Too faced shadow insurance and MAC painterly paint pot and the color payoff is great for me. I usually pair it with a burgundy, like the pigment Rouge and handwritten in the crease with a natural brow. Love it!

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I don't know what it is about pink eyeshadows but they just don't work with my skintone. Maybe I haven't found a good complimentary color to match with Expensive Pink doesn't look at all pink when I put it on. It has a nice shimmer and the color payoff is okay but if anything, I'll maybe use it as a crease color.

on 1/18/2011 5:03:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This is a very peachy colour - on my nc43-44 skintone, you can barely see the pink undertones... however, this is a lovely colour and one that pairs well with colours like bronze, romp, twinks and star violet. A must have for lovers of neutrals!

on 1/24/2011 9:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Why do I continuously buy pink eye shadows? I know they make me look tired. I know they never suit me. I know they make me look like I have an eye infection. Expensive Pink is no exception (that rhymed!). However, for what it is, it is a nice color with good payoff. It just does not work with my skintone.

on 12/6/2010 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

This is one of my favorites. I use it alll over my lids, in the inner corners, as a higlighter. It is very very versitile. U can wear it with any color. Definately check it out

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is my all time favorite eye shadow, especially paired with M.A.C.'s Antiqued. So, so beautiful. I'm tempted to try it with Glamour Check, just to see how it looks.

This seems to look different on people, depending on their perspective. On me, it's a pinky, peachy, golden, salmony coral color. Gosh, it's so hard to actually describe!

All I know is that I don't have anything else like it and I've hit pan, so it's time to stock up again.

Unless someone knows of a near perfect dupe? I had heard Wet N Wild had an eye shadow called Penny, but that's been discontinued.

on 10/28/2010 6:47:00 PM

I love this shadow -- it's my go-to color for lids in the morning. I pop this on top of Groundwork paint pot, and use Soft Brown as a crease color for a natural, bright-eyed look. This shadow compliments my brown eyes and N20 skin, and when I hit pan, I'm definetly repurchasing.

on 9/28/2010 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really love looking at this color in the pan, but I just can't make it work for me! It looks awful on my eyelids - it's so orange and doesn't look pink at all. I am neutral-cool toned, but I can wear a lot of warmer colors. I keep trying to make it work, but everytime I end up wiping it off because it just looks scary! I will continue to play aronud with different bases and try and make it work somehow, but for now it will get no use. It's a very bronzy-pink color and I've seen it used in youtube tutorials and it looks beautiful on others, just not me. Oh well, they can't all work I guess!

on 10/3/2010 1:24:00 PM

Overall this is a nice eye shadow. At first I could not make it work in my favor. Whenever I applied it, the golden and peachy parts of it turned all brown on me which left me with a mess of pink and brown. Not flattering in my opinion. Although I have not changed anything on my technique or the shadows I pair it with it now seems to work well. I don't know why but it does and I'm glad I didn't waste any money. Don't know if I would repurchase it (that's why I clicked "no" for repurchase).

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I love Expensive Pink. It has a golden pink effect with my skin tone. It's a great lid color with a brown crease. Definitely will buy this again!