Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 10/24/2016 1:16:00 PM

Love, love, love this product. It goes on easy - I dab some on my finger than pat all over my lid (all the way to my lashes). It keeps my shadow and eye liner in place all day. Fabulous. It is not cheap but worth every penny!

on 10/21/2016 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This has been my go to primer for as long as I can remember. It doesnt irritate my eyes and helps to make my shadows last all day without creasing. You use such a small amount that it lasts AGES, so it's a good cost per use. I do miss the old packaging though.

I have been using this eyeshadow primer for years and it's my favourite. I've tried a couple of other brands, if I received a sample or trial size, and none of them are quite as effective as Urban Decay's. It keeps my eyeshadows and eyeliners put, I've only ever had minor creasing here and there the odd time. I like the packaging and the price is fitting as it does last a long time. Not to sound cheap, but once you think you are completely out of product, you can slice the packaging open (squeeze tube) and will find that you can get a few more days worth of product in there. I hope that helps someone. I'd also like to point out that I appreciate that this product was not tested on animals and contains vegan-friendly ingredients.

on 9/13/2016 1:21:00 PM

holy grail! I've tried them all, I swear, and this one takes the cake!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm reviewing the squeeze tube version because that's what I'm still using. This stuff is great. There are others that are just as good (Lorac comes to mind, but it's the only one I've used consistently), but UDPP has been a staple in my makeup bag for years. In fact, I've been using the same tube for two or three years and it's only around 2/3 of the way gone. Before it, I used the old genie bottle doe-foot applicator version and loved it as well. It keeps my eyeshadow from creasing all day, and I have mighty oily lids. It takes a TINY amount. 1/4 rice grain per eye, maybe, 1/2 if you use it under your eyes as well.

I got hooked on Primer Potion when Urban Decay was having a sale getting rid of the old packaging and replacing it with the new tube. There is so much product packed into this little guy, omg. I have to use this every time I wear eyeshadow, I wish I knew about it so much sooner and saved myself the embarrassing eyeshadow creases.. The product itself doesn't have much of a smell and can feel a little bit gritty but once you smooth it all over your lid, those grits dissolve and you're good to go. Maybe I just got a bad batch, but I don't even care, I still love it! A definite makeup bag staple for me,

on 8/31/2016 8:36:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I use both this and NYX eye primers. IMO both are as good as each other - pros and cons each.

I put a few dots on my eyelid and sweep over the lid with a concealer brush. I finish with a loose powder and I've created a base that lasts all day.

To compare between this and NYX:
Texture - UD is a much lighter primer. NYX is thick and doesn't blend as well.
Price - Here's no contest; the NYX is half the price of the UD.
Longevity - both last all day. I use UD for lighter looks and NYX for heavier looks, such as smokey eyes or stage make-up.

on 8/28/2016 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

Holy Grail product right here! I have been using the Primer Potion for years both on my eyelids and under my eyes. I have very oily skin, even around my eyes. Everything would crease on me almost immediately, but this product saved my life. It's important to apply a thin layer and really work it into the skin with your fingertips, otherwise you'll risk looking cakey or chalky. I own this product in Eden as well, a color that I also highly recommend.

I have oily eyelids and I like wearing this with a gel eyeliner alone and it pretty much lasts for at least 8 hrs and it keeps my lids matte

i have fairly oily eyelids, and when i heard everyone raving that this helped shadows stay on all day, i went right out and bought it. it absolutely didn't work for me; my shadows slid all over probably about an hour after i put it on. and the packaging is just terrible!