Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 9/13/2016 1:21:00 PM

holy grail! I've tried them all, I swear, and this one takes the cake!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm reviewing the squeeze tube version because that's what I'm still using. This stuff is great. There are others that are just as good (Lorac comes to mind, but it's the only one I've used consistently), but UDPP has been a staple in my makeup bag for years. In fact, I've been using the same tube for two or three years and it's only around 2/3 of the way gone. Before it, I used the old genie bottle doe-foot applicator version and loved it as well. It keeps my eyeshadow from creasing all day, and I have mighty oily lids. It takes a TINY amount. 1/4 rice grain per eye, maybe, 1/2 if you use it under your eyes as well.

on 8/31/2016 8:36:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I use both this and NYX eye primers. IMO both are as good as each other - pros and cons each.

I put a few dots on my eyelid and sweep over the lid with a concealer brush. I finish with a loose powder and I've created a base that lasts all day.

To compare between this and NYX:
Texture - UD is a much lighter primer. NYX is thick and doesn't blend as well.
Price - Here's no contest; the NYX is half the price of the UD.
Longevity - both last all day. I use UD for lighter looks and NYX for heavier looks, such as smokey eyes or stage make-up.

I got hooked on Primer Potion when Urban Decay was having a sale getting rid of the old packaging and replacing it with the new tube. There is so much product packed into this little guy, omg. I have to use this every time I wear eyeshadow, I wish I knew about it so much sooner and saved myself the embarrassing eyeshadow creases.. The product itself doesn't have much of a smell and can feel a little bit gritty but once you smooth it all over your lid, those grits dissolve and you're good to go. Maybe I just got a bad batch, but I don't even care, I still love it! A definite makeup bag staple for me,

i have fairly oily eyelids, and when i heard everyone raving that this helped shadows stay on all day, i went right out and bought it. it absolutely didn't work for me; my shadows slid all over probably about an hour after i put it on. and the packaging is just terrible!

on 8/28/2016 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

Holy Grail product right here! I have been using the Primer Potion for years both on my eyelids and under my eyes. I have very oily skin, even around my eyes. Everything would crease on me almost immediately, but this product saved my life. It's important to apply a thin layer and really work it into the skin with your fingertips, otherwise you'll risk looking cakey or chalky. I own this product in Eden as well, a color that I also highly recommend.

on 8/8/2016 6:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really didn't wanna buy into a hype and didn't wanna try this for a long time. At some point a few years ago, when my lids got oilier and no base could save my e/s from creasing anymore, I caved in an tried this. I didn't like the packaging with the appilcator, but I made it work.

And then I bought another one...and another one...and yes, now I'm stuck on it.

I don't like that it's hard to blend on the edges, but I can also make that work. My e/s never smudges with this. I've woken up after parties several times and my eye mu was still almost perfect.

The price is fine, cause it's a really good product.

on 8/12/2016 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This is my first time writing a review for a product on this website. Mostly because i tend to not write reviews on products that i didn't like. BUT I HAD to write one on the much raved about Urban Decay Primer Potion. This eyelid primer is thick & even when waiting for it to dry it caused my eyeshadow to become extremely hard to blend. That's not even my biggest problem. This caused my eyelids to become incredibly itchy throughout the day. One day i had gotten some dust in my eyes so they started watering and a few tears streamed down my eyes. I was wearing this eyelid primer & since some of my tears got on my under eyes and around my nose a few minutes later i felt some itching on my under eyes and my around my nose. Once i got home and washed off my makeup i noticed i had developed a rash on my under eyes and around my nose. The Urban Decay primer potion was the only new product i was using & was probably responsible for my current rash situation. Will be returning it immediately! ELF's eyeshadow primer is much better & cheaper than the UDPP, & i will go back to using it

on 8/8/2016 6:06:00 PM

Best eyeshadow primer ever! I have the oiliest eyelids so finding the perfect eyeshadow primer has been quite the journey. I usually refuse to give into anything that's hyped but this product definitely deserves the hype it gets. Yes, this primer is pretty pricey. It's $20 (USD) if you get the full size and $12 if you get the travel size. I always get the travel size because I personally wouldn't spend $20 for a product that gives you less than an ounce of primer. Plus, a little bit of primer goes a LONG way. The travel size lasts me about 1-2 years (I don't wear makeup everyday) because I only use one small drop for both eyes. My eyeshadows never crease, stays on all day, and my eyelids never get oily with this primer on. I don't think I will ever get an eyeshadow primer from a different brand again.

I have oily eyelids and I like wearing this with a gel eyeliner alone and it pretty much lasts for at least 8 hrs and it keeps my lids matte