Shiseido "Perfect Whip" Foam

Shiseido

Water, Potassium Stearate, PEG-8, Potassium Myristate, Glycerin, Potassium Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate Se, Myristic Acid, Lauric Acid, Polyquaternium-7, Beeswax, Phytosteryl/Octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glutamate, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

A little goes a long way, only a pea size is enough for face.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I see someone asked what the ingredients of this are. My boyfriend is Japanese so I asked him to translate the ingredients for me:

Water, ethanol, glycerin, stearic acid, isopropyl myristate, sorbic acid, lauric acid, tocopherol, sericin, methyl paraben, propyl paraben, spice.

That is not in order btw...and I think I missed out a few ingredients. Like I said before, my boyfriend wrote them all down for me but I've doodled on half the page so some of it I can't read =/ Anyway, I think the ingredients are quite good - there's a lot of moisturizing and emulsifying stuff in there. I'm not too happy with the ethanol though as that usually tends to irritate my sensitive skin. However, I haven't experienced any negative effects from this cleanser. That being said - I only use it when I've worn heavy makeup....just because I don't want to risk putting ethanol on my face too often. This cleanser is recommend not meant to be used on super-sensitive skin.

You really only need a pea size of this as it foams up very easily. This cleanser is designed to dissolve makeup and draw out impurities from the pores. I generally use it after using an oil based gel to get surface makeup off, then use this afterwards. It leaves my skin feeling clean, but not dry, tight, stripped of oils. It feels rather soft. I do think it makes my skin look a bit brighter aswell, not in a 'whitening' way, but a 'fresh' way. It removes any traces of makeup and oils, which I like. Packaging is quite nice and you get quite a lot of product for your money.

The scent is rather strange, but my boyfriend said that it has spice fragrance added to it, so I guess it's supposed to smell like spice? I don't think it does. But either way; the smell is not unpleasant. Just not something I'm particularly fond of.

I'd repurchase this again because it is a good cleanser, but I don't use it often, maybe twice a week, because of the ethanol. Ethanol absorbs water and so it can be drying; but because this contains glygerin and other moisturizing things, it minimizes the drying effect.

on 1/1/2010 9:38:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

A small pea size of this cleanser lathers up to a good amount of foam. It does not seem to clean my combination skin too well, I had to use the same cleanser to double clean to feel completely cleansed of oil and dirt.

On the bright side, it does leave the skin soft, moisturised and not dried out. I won't buy this again as there are other cleansers that do a better cleansing job.

I think I found my HG cleanser where I least expected!! I found the cosmetics aisle of Mitsuwa and saw this generously sized Shiseido face wash on sale for 5.99. I know it is part of their 'drugstore' line, but this stuff is just as good as their high end! I fell in love with White Lucent last year, but the price tag for such a small bottle was too much to stomach. I couldn't imagine finding a similar product for less than ten dollars. Anyway, this smells and feels just like White Lucent. It is almost the same except there are no 'whitening' benefits. It takes all of my makeup off, does not dry my skin, and has a light scent. Just like White Lucent, you only need a peasized drop to cover your whole face. Unlike White Lucent, this IS a little stringy, so you will have to wipe the product onto your hand to break the 'line.' Think of.. melted cheese oozing out of a sandwich into your mouth. It is like that. This foams up great, and a lot will go a long way - and the bottle is HUUGE for the price. I've had mine since maybe October and I've hardly dented it - and after all these months my skin is still feeling great. I have combo skin with an oily tzone and have experienced zero problems. Just use a little and lather up - focusing on each part of your face so every inch of skin gets an equal amount of love.
This does everything except substitute makeup remover. That you will still need.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This foams up great with my Clarisonic. I have to be careful not to use to much because as mentioned here, a little goes a long way. Just a dot does my face neck, elbows and hands in the shower w/ Clarisonic. Ingredients are in Japanese. I have oily skin. Once in awhile it makes my face tight. Ph Balanced

on 10/16/2009 5:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this cleanser!!!
whilst i do see reviews claiming that this dries out ur skin...
it doesnt dry out mines!!
I love it and its so inexpensive!!
I love shiseido drugstore brands~~
they work just as well as their high end product lines~

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

A good, simple cleansing cream. You only need a pea-sized amount to lather up a good foam. I don't know if this has necessarily benefited my skin, but it works just fine, and one tube of this has lasted me an entire year, so it's pretty cost efficient. Plus I always feel like Japanese brands are higher in quality in general, even the drugstore products.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love it. I used the Clean and Clear foaming wash and Purpose for a couple years and found that I really liked simple cleansers. However, niether of those made my skin feel as clean and happy as this does. I was never even a fan of foam cleansers because they dry out my oily skin but I haven't experienced any large breakouts after using this (a problem that I've had for the past year but this isn't the only change I've made to my routine recently). I think what makes this stand out is how penetrating the foam feels. The bubbles are tiny so you feel like the cleanser is really getting into your pores. It's simple and cheap and though it hurts, I'm willing to pay double the price this goes for in Japan. Also, this won't foam up if you are removing face makeup because most Asian skincare requires a makeup removing step prior to using cleanser. If I'm removing makeup, I have to use the Perfect Liquid before this to get it to foam.

on 10/12/2009 4:11:00 AM

This is one THICK facial cleanser. The cream is unbelievably dense and thick. You only need a literal pea size to create enough suds and cream for your entire face. It's almost shocking how such a small amount of cream can sudse and foam up. It costs 45 RMB from Watson's in China. I found it to be almost the exact same product as the facial cleanser from a Shiseido produced line available in Asia that sells for about 20 RMB more. In any case, this felt too drying for my skin. While the sudsing action was fun, my face felt tight and dry afterward. I previously had been using Avene's Gentle Gel Cleanser, and have since switched to a very similar if not exact same product, Hydrating Cleanser by CeraVe. Perfect Whip is fun and cheap, but too drying for me.

on 10/10/2009 12:44:00 PM

Would someone PLEASE list the ingredients for this product? I want to buy it, but I need to know what is in it. I just purchased another product by this manufacturer (brand) for $25 (after shipping) because it has Kaolin clay in it. I need a cleanser with kaolin clay (I think this is the ingredient that does wonders for combination skin because it was the key ingredient in Loreal Ideal Balance Foaming Cleanser, which also lasted me over a year, but is now discontinued).

Anyhow, someone PLEASE help me out & list the ingredients in this product so that, next time, I won't have to spend so much money.

Thanks a bunch :)