Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.4

on 4/28/2008 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Too clumpy.. also too much product came out !

This stuff clumps like crazy! Maybe I got a really old tube?

very average mascara that definitely does NOT give your lashes "7x" the volume as advertised, but it doesn't flake, which is good. L'oreal Voluminous beats this hands down if volume is what you're looking for

on 2/17/2008 11:18:00 AM

I decided to buy this product because I saw all these good feedbacks from MUA. When I first saw it, I thought the packaging was really cute and it did make my lashes longer and more volumized. BUT, here's the thing, my eyelashes started coming off when I'm removing it. I'm pretty sure it's not the makeup remover that I'm using. Sadly, I'm not gonna but this product. I mean you get good results. but the final result after the result is pretty bad.

on 12/8/2007 9:58:00 PM

not as good as all the ads in mags and on TV make it out to be. clumps and just crappy overall. wont be buying again

on 12/6/2007 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I purchased this product a few days ago, have worn it twice and its going back to Walgreens. I don't normally buy WP mascaras and have been pretty faithful to Maybelline Full 'n' Soft. When I saw that this product was in the same "Volumizing" line I decided to try it.

The packaging is fine, no complaints, nothing spectacular. The brush is also a mid thickness. The colour I bought was the one which was the blackest.

That being said the formulation of the mascara is VERY similar to Great Lash (very liquid, takes a while to dry). Not surprisingly, a wet mascara gave me very defined lashes but no volume (I have long black lashes, but they lack volume). It wasn't AS messy as GL, but messy enough and never gave me that elusive volumizing. On top of that I've noticed a few lost lashes wandering around my face after just a couple of hours of wear (noooooo!!!!!) And I'm not sure that my contacts like the WP formula. The product received 1 lippie for the black colour (it is VERY black) and 1 lippie for defining my lashes - I was being generous

I never tried this mascara before, although it seems to be the most well-known mascara in the Netherlands. There's just something weird about me not wanting to try products that are such a hype.. But yesterday I gave in and bought it, hoping for the most voluminous lashes I have ever had! What a disappointment. Not only did I have to re-apply it MANY times for a more-than-average-voluminous result, but the very worst part of this mascara I foud out yesterday evening when I was going to bed. I couldn't get it off!!! I just couldn't! There appeared to be a very sticky substance, which also got on the skin around my eyes and I wasn't able to remove it completely. I got very annoyed wth this, even more when I woke up this morning and it was still there (making me look like being punched on my eyes), taking a shower and it was still there!! So I really am not pleased by the extremely resisting formula of this mascara. By the way, I'm talking about the NON-waterproof version here!

i did not like this mascara. it smudges awfully.its hard to remove.it's nothing special in terms of performance. just a basic mascara not dramatic at all.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I'd been searching for a more dramatic, volumizing mascara, and I really wanted to like this one. Unfortunately, this did nothing but clump, and definitely didnt give me the volume that I was looking for.
If I wiped the wand off before applying, and used a few coats, combing my lashes with a comb between each coat...then my lashes would look good, but I don't want to work that hard for decent lashes. I'll stick with Full and Soft.

I'm not a fan. With a couple of coats it defnitely makes my lashes look thick. However it is really really clumpy (all mascaras do that to me though). And as the others said, it's VERY hard to get off!