Chanel Rouge Noir

Chanel Rouge Noir
CHANEL Rouge NoirRouge Noir

4.4

Loving this polish, it makes me feel really sophisticated and I feel like I am flashing my hands about a lot since I`ve had it on. Great shine, very good staying-power, gorgeous color. Especially nice on short nails.

on 3/14/2007 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This stuff kills me! I love the shade and glossy finish to pieces (have worn it since it came out) but like all of the Chanel polishes I have used I find that it doesn't take long to chip. Even when using topcoat. The colour is the best though!

on 1/28/2007 2:59:00 PM

Wow! This looks so sexy.

I've never been much of a nail polish wearer but this has changed my mind. I think my problem before was that I was buying cheap polish that would smudge or chip and I'd get annoyed. Its well worth spending the extra money for the colour and quality.

I took people's advice here and used two coats, which made it look perfect. Once coat looks a bit pink and stripey but two looks really fantastic.

on 11/23/2006 11:59:00 AM

This polish is vampy, sexy, yet elegant. I really like the dark nail polish trend this fall, however black is just too harsh and goth for me. This is a deep dark, almost black red - I get the best results with two coats, as it is easy to mess up such a dark color when doing only one coat. So many girlfriends have asked what polish I am wearing and proceeded to buy it. Absolutely gorgeous!

on 1/17/2007 3:31:00 AM

I don't care what other people say, Essie's Wicked DOES NOT compare to Chanel's Rouge Noir. I used to wear Essie's Wicked because this color is getting harder and harder to find, but it does not give me that black/blood red look I was wanting to achieve. This is such an elegant color and looks even better on short nails. It really compliments my cool light-medium skin tone. I simply love it and this color cannot be replicated by buying other brands. It is definitaly worth the price.

on 3/9/2007 7:21:00 PM

This polish lived up to my expectations (thankfully - considering the expensive price-tag!), and delivered a high-quality glossy shine with gorgeous deep colour. It also wore very well, with only a few tiny chips at the end of my nails after five days (this was with base coat, then two coats of colour). My only complaint is that without a top coat, this polish will leave red marks on white paper and hard white surfaces if you accidentally swipe your nail across them - a slight problem if you work in an office like I do! However, I still give this polish five lippies, because it is just so chic. continued >>

on 10/12/2006 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

First of all, Rouge Noir IS different from Vamp; they are not the same shade. I own a bottle of each: Rouge Noir is a deep, dark, red creme, and is made in France; Vamp is a lighter shimmery mulberry shade, made in the USA. Both are beautiful and unique, but they are very different indeed.

In the bottle, Rouge Noir looks like every other shade of deep brownish red, and there's nothing special about it. But on your nails...WOW! The color is dark and rich with so much depth to it, just like blood in the sunlight, black cherry indoors, and black in candlelight. It's a high-maintenance color, all right (don't let that intimidate you!), but the formula is perfect: not runny, not goopy, and the brush is easy to control. I didn't find it to be especially streaky, but I did need two good coats for an even application. It lasted a week before I took it off, nary a chip (just a little wear at the tips). I wore it to Las Vegas and a companion (who never notices things like what polish someone has on) complimented me and remarked that he'd never seen a color like it before.

I'm not sure if Rouge Noir is sold at the Chanel counters here in the USA (I got mine online), but it is well worth looking for if you want a really dark, glamorous shade. Beautiful!

on 11/15/2006 12:16:00 PM

Wow. For the days I want to be a burlesque dancer with red lips and short, vampy nails, this does the trick. Deep, blackened, blood red, I must agree this is not Vamp - it's in its own league. continued >>

The deep color of this looks great. I bought this color after getting Black Satin and liking it a lot. I wore it once but I haven't gone back to it since. It wore fairly well but when I went to remove it it stained my hands worse than any other polish I've used before. I find now that I end up painting my nails with Zoya Casey, which is a bit more purple in color, but able to give me my dark nail fix without staining when I take it off.

on 10/31/2006 2:13:00 PM

I have wanted this polish for years but thought it very expensive, but over the years have realised that sometimes you need to spend a little more for quality. Rouge Noir was an impulse buy when I wanted to treat myself. Could'nt wait to get the colour on. First coat was a little streaky and the brush was disapointing but after a second and a top coat it was fantastic. Everyone commented although being a hairdresser and my hands being in water all the time my colleagues thaught it a little extravagant, but it stayed on most of the week.

Popular Polishes