LUSH Daddyo shampoo

LUSH Daddyo shampoo
Daddyo shampooDaddyo shampoo

3.4

Fresh Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Alkyl Sulfate, Toothed Wrack Seaweed Infusion (Fucus serratus), Fresh Sea Water (Aqua), Cocamide DEA, Cocamide MEA, Perfume, Glycol Cetearate, Fresh Lime Juice (Citrus limetta), Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Violet Leaf Absolute (Viola odorata), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Bergamot Oil (Citrus bergamia), Cananga Oil (Cananga odorata), *Limonene, *Linalool, Coumarin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Colour 61585, Colour 18050

on 1/18/2009 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This product is nice. It cleanses my hair quite well.
However, at times it is slightly drying, and I have to use a good conditioner.

The only think I'm irked about is that I've found that my hair gets oily faster? As if making up for the dry hair that this shampoo results in. Don't get me wrong, when I use it that day my hair is brighter and gorgeous, but two days later my hair is oilier then when before I had this product.

EDIT: After three uses, I developed a crazy scalp condition that took a month to get rid of. It made my hair fall out. Sorry gals, not for fine hair!!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is my ultimate push-pull product. It is insanely expensive and smells like rancid violets neglected to rot in the crook of Satan's bowels, but it is hands-down THE best color maintenance shampoo I have ever tried. Better than Artec, better than TiGi, better than John Frieda. My hair has been every shade of the rainbow, and every time I try to escape the costly, foul-stenched grasp of Daddy-O, he reels me back in with his sweet sweet promises of good-looking color. And he delivers.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I maybe so would buy this daddy o again, it lathers great, scent is neutral, purplish color shampoo, sorta thick in consistancy, made my hair feel soft, I will see how it does for my hair in the summer time, but I DO LOOOOVE THERE bar shampoo soaps.

on 10/14/2007 12:36:00 AM

OMG! GROSS! The worst shampoo I've ever used! I've never met a LUSH product I didn't love until I bought this and I can't believe my beloved LUSH could make something this foul. The stuff smells like dog poo and skunk juice got married and had a baby named DaddyO. To make matters worse, the smell won't go away. I thought I could cover it up by using American Cream conditioner and Goth Juice gel on top of it but the disgusting odor still permeated through. So nauseating. Plus it's as thin as water; when you squeeze it out of the bottle, it runs out of your hand. I've heard LUSH is discontinuing this. Thank goodness!

My favourite Lush shampoo, hands down. I have fine dry blonde hair with looser curls and I find that it works great keeping my hair colour looking nice (I never dye my hair, btw) and the lemon and seaweed add nice shine. The smell is wonderful, well, providing that you get it from the UK, as the NA version tends to have a bit of a fishy smell because of the seaweed. Interestingly enough, though, the UK version smells purely of violets, without any indication that there is seaweed in there. This is one product that makes me coming back to Lush. Btw, a great conditioner to go with this is Veganese. It adds shine as well, and the lemon compliments the violet very well, not overpowering it at all.

on 1/3/2007 11:17:00 AM

This is a pretty nice shampoo. I like the sweet violet scent, it lathers well and did leave my hair a little softer and shinier. I didn't notice any effect on my highlights, though. I'll finish the bottle I have, but i won't buy it again. I prefer the Blonde shampoo bar for my highlights and Cynthia Sylvia Stout for loads of shine.
* It's 5 months later and I've added stars because I now LOVE this shampoo. Over time my highlights became a little brassy and this really corrected it. And it continues to leave fresh, non-brassy highlights very shiny.

I have very light blonde / platinum hair and I love this product. The smell is awesome.. like parma violets, those lovely sweeties in the little tubes! It makes my hair so soft and shiny as well AND NOT YELLOW!

I wouldn't use it if I was brunette/whatever though. It has purple dye in it! Unless I wanted purply hair.

on 10/1/2006 9:13:00 PM

Warning: The extreme colour (FD&C Blue) in this product has caused an extreme allergic reaction in my skin. If you are going to use this product, please do so on alternate days.

I used to love this shampoo and was devastated when I couldn't get buy it in New Zealand anymore. So on a recent trip to Boston I bought a big bottle. I used it every day for two weeks and then the itching started, and the rash, and then the pustules formed - hundreds of them all over my face neck and chest.

I have never had a reaction like this to anything before. This shampoo is fantastic for hair but not for your body. I have since found out that FD&C Blue is a carcinogenic colourant.

A must have shampoo for me. I have blonde highlights that basically make me entirely blonde and this keeps my hair bright and fresh plus makes it soft. Keep in mind that is not your typical drug-store or salon shampoo. You need extra water and you have to work a little harder to make it lather because it's more of a natural product. I could never do without this shampoo. Plus it's vegan and not tested on animals.

on 5/27/2006 4:40:00 PM

Great shine from this shampoo on my dark hair. You don't have to have grey hair to benefit from it.