Dr. Hauschka Quince Day Cream

Dr. Hauschka Quince Day Cream
Quince Day Cream

3.8

Water/Aqua, Apricot Kernel Oil, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Quince Seed Extract, Alcohol, Carrot Root Extract, Glycerin, Shea Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, Olive Fruit Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Avocado Oil, Marsh Mallow Leaf Extract, Jojoba Seed Oil, Beeswax/Cera Flava, Quince Peel/Fruit Wax, Hydrolyzed Lecithin, Bentonite, Witch Hazel Extract, Fragrance/Parfum (Essential Oil), Citral, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Eugenol, Benzyl Benzoate, Xanthan Gum 5/29/09

on 11/2/2004 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have started using this cream. I use it in the morning only and after I use the clarifying toner.
I use the tiniest amount as it spreads easily over the toner and I pat it in gently, I do not spread it. I must say the toner makes a huge difference when using the quince cream. My skin has a little bit of a breakout in the beginning while it is adjusting, but after a couple of weeks it is getting clearer, smoother and my husband told me one night that I looked like I was 24 - but I am 34! I give this line the credit for that! I also love the fresh smell of this cream. I also love the smell of the Rose, but my skin isn't dry enough to use that and I end up with problems. My skin is combination/normal.
Update: I have allergic reactions to Hauschka products. Discontinued using.

on 9/14/2004 10:37:00 AM

OK -- I am venturing into the world of Dr. Hauschka. After getting fed up with all the "hope in a jar" hype and packaging and nonsense of most skincare lines, I settled down for years to a minimal regime of Clinique's Dramatically Diff Moisturizer and plain water, period. Which worked OK, but recently I've realized that Clinique just *looks* clean and basic--in fact it's loaded with dyes, preservatives, mineral oil, and other toxins/possible carcinogens. In my quest for something healthier I've (re)discovered Dr. Hauschka, and am hoping that this might really work for me! I've begun with the skin care sampler for normal/dry skin (a great way to start), and after a week am seeing some results. (I have combo skin: tendency to oil on forehead and nose, but normal/dry elsewhere. Occasional flaking on cheeks in winter) Will post again later to follow up. But in the meantime I can strongly recommend this quince cream--which is really lovely. You put a tiny (large pea-sized, really) amount on, and it both absorbs AND leaves a tender waxy film on the skin, which seems to last all day and does feel "protective", as their literature claims. The quince cream is the lightest of the three basic moisturizers, the SA informed me. (I had mistakenly thought the Daily Moisturizer was the lightest, and was getting a serious oil slick from it.) The smell takes a little getting used to--all Dr. Hauschka products have a slightly funky herbal/essential oil scent--but it dissipates fairly quickly. After some experimenting I'm finding that it's best to avoid putting any on my "T-zone" (nose/forehead), but that it works beautifully as an eye cream. About the packaging: people have been complaining about the old-fashioned tube design, but just remember--it's cleaner than a jar, preserves the contents better, is cheaper and more environmentally sound. Plus Hauschka sells a little tube squeezer so you can get that last bit out. Yes, it's a bit expensive--but only a bit more than Clinique, and FAR less than all those ridiculously overpriced, toxic, overpackaged products from Shiseido, Chanel, La Mer, La Prairie, Decleor, etc etc.
P.S. Re: the thyroid/hair shedding problem mentioned by the last reviewer. I called my local natural cosmetics/Hauschka boutique (in Northampton, MA) to ask about this. They're very nice, earnest people who are all Hauschka users/devotees, and said that they had NEVER (in years of dealing in Hauschka products) heard of anything of the kind. (Good luck, and hope you feel better, BTW)

on 8/28/2004 5:55:00 AM

My skin is dry/normal and no break out prone. This is slightly better than Moisturizing day cream, because this is more moisturizing and thicker. Hovewer I dont feel it is any great moisturizer. And it does not have sunscreen. Also these all natural plant oil products seems to make my skin more break out prone. I feel oily and dirty wearing the moisturizers of this line.

*****I know this sounds crazy, but read on...Are Any of you using ANY Dr. Hauschka skin care items and noticing increasing hair shedding on your head/and/or upset thyroid symptoms? I am. A well known Hauschka Rep, known as Kathy White, Ingredient specialist for the U.S, (who is very open to any questions you have with the Hauschka products) told me that some of the products contain mustard oil from Indian cress, & black mustard essential oil. (note:Several plants in the cruciferous (cabbage, mustard broccoli) family contain mustard oil which is known to block the conversion of thyroid hormone). She mentioned that she couldn't take the inner cosmetic supplement (one of the many Hauschka products that contain this mustard oil) which contains this pungent oil because it affected her thyroid and her hair shedding was one symptom!), the products also contain soy lecithin as an emulsifier in almost all Hauschka's products (soy contains compounds that interfere with thyroid hormones as well) and a few other things that can confuse your thyroid function. REMEMBER- Anything you put on your skin is easily absorbed into your blood stream- especially over a long period of time. That is why some people are prescribed topical ointments, progesterone cream, etc. which are all applied to the skin, absorbed into the body.)
She also mentioned that fermented grain extract found in the Cleansing Milk can be a possible allergen to some people since it is derived from naturally fermented grain and some people can have an allergy to the yeasts and lacto-bacilli that it is fermented with. Also, she mentioned alot of ingredients that aren't even on the box the products come in when you buy them, or even on the list of ingredients which I thought was a little strange. Check out Paula Begoun's review on Hauschka- she even says the same thing. www.cosmeticscop.com. My hair has been shedding a bit, still under the normal amount of hair loss per day, but started shedding noticeably (on my shirt, in the shower as I ran my hands through my hair) about 2 weeks into using his whole skin and body care line. (Of course I went to my doctor and they ran all kinds of tests including a ton of blood tests, even hair loss tests and everything was normal)...If any of you notice your hair "shedding" strangely more than usual or any other thyroid-type symptoms, I'd really be interested in knowing. I love the skin care line, and I can't imagine having to stop using it. Hopefully my body will adjust!!!*******

on 8/21/2004 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Absolutely love this, make skin beautiful and never breaks me out. Love all the Dr.H face range!

on 8/21/2004 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

I'm addicted to face creams and used to have every lotion and potion on the market. My skin was not happy though so I switched to all natural products and never looked back. If you want nice skin stay away from chemicals girls. This cream is perfect for acne prone and combination skin. Does not break me out and moisturizes well.

on 7/20/2004 11:11:00 AM

This is by far my favourite moisturiser in the Dr. Hauschka line. If I could, I'd award it a galaxy of stars. It comes in a metal tube, which I like, and it suits my normal-to-dry skin. It's a soft yellow cream, not too light and not too heavy - perfect for everyday facial moisturising. The smell is divine - sort of resiny and fresh. A little goes a long way, and it leaves my skin looking clear and smooth and healthy after using Dr H's Cleansing Cream. I prefer this one to the Rose Cream, which is a lot thicker and heavier - maybe more suitable for very cold winter skincare.
The price is ok too, considering how much benefit this delivers to my skin. A staple.

on 7/23/2004 5:19:00 AM

I really dont like the Dr.Hauschka skincare line, and this quince day cream is too thick. and contains alcohol. didnt absorb into my skin. Im now using it as a hand cream.

on 8/14/2004 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love the Rose Day Cream but about halfway through summer I realized I was just getting too much moisture from it for the season. Although the Quince Cream provides about the right level of moisture, the smell is very intense and unpleasant to me. At times my skin seems to be slightly irritated after applying it. I probably won't repurchase this but will definitely return to the Rose Day Cream in the fall.

on 7/27/2004 8:11:00 AM

I have a very sensitive skin, since I tried this wonderful cream, I even forget to put my by terry voile de teint, because of the glow given by Dr hauschka. For me, much, much better than the rose mask I tried during winter.