Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.9

on 12/10/2016 7:04:00 PM

Being a Rimmel 24 hour stay foundation girl, I thought I'd splash out on an expensive foundation for my birthday!

I must admit, I'd always leaned towards a thicker foundation in the vain hopes it would stay on longer and give my blotchy skin an even finish. So using Armani Luminous Silk was a big leap for me (and my bank balance).

I was matched by the kindly gentleman on the Armani counter as a 5 (and a 5.5 once I've fake tanned). The shades match perfectly as I'm naturally pale with pinkish undertones.

The foundation itself smells beautiful and does feel silky because it has the consistency of a lotion rather than a cream. It's so easy to apply and a little goes a long way, which I feel is a nice new grown up mantra for me - rather than "slap it on, the more the better"!

The coverage, for me, is excellent but can be quite sheer around problem areas, like around my nose, and the classic "I have a 1 year old" eye bags but it's buildable. I feel it gives me a glow, but by no means does it give me a "dewy" look, I just feel a little more enhanced (for want of a better phrase) when I wear it.

It's a beautiful light foundation which doesn't give you that cakey feeling once you've applied. In other foundations I've used, I've found I could feel the residue on my hands if I touched my face. Or residue on my phone (!!) I work in an office and spend large parts of my day on the phone, it's nice to see, while using Armani that I haven't left half my face on the phone receiver. It also definitely lasts longer than previous foundations I've worn, as my dear fiancée has commented that I'm still wearing make up once I've finished a day at work!

My only issue with this foundation (after bottle number 3 and having the same problem with all) is that the pump gives up too quickly! So you find yourself thinking you're running out while you've still got over half the bottle left. That aside though, I'd definitely recommend purchasing this product!!

This is great foundation. Looks very good on my combination and during winter my skin can get a bit dry in T-zone. It has a solid wear of about 6 hours with primer and fixed with powder. I tried a couple of primers Guerlain D'or, Hourglass Veil and smash box photo finish and they all worked well with this foundation and I did not find that either had a increased wear vs the other. During the summer I did need to touch-up with powder after 4 hours of wear which is ok and expected for my type of skin. The only downside with this foundation I thought to be the shade range as it was very hard to find a right shade for my skin (NW 25 in MAC). I ended up buying 4.5 in luminous silk but I would need it to be a tiny bit more warm and darker for a perfect match. The 4.75 was much more cooler and the 5, 5.25 were lighter. Shades 5.5, 5.75 were dark and a too cool. A word of advise the shades in the giorgio armani line vary in their different foundation lines so the 4.5 in luminous silk is different from 4.5 in maestro so beware. The shade range are just weird for luminous silk, I ended up mixing my 4.5 with with a little bit of 2W1 Double Wear from estee lauder for a perfect match as I already had this other foundation which is too warm for my skin so they worked perfectly and they mixed well as I thought it would be just too expensive to buy another shade of the luminous silk (I would've bought the 6) for mixing and achieving a perfect match. During the peak of winter, I wore 4.5 by itself with some light contouring to provide some warmth to the shade in my face.

One of my holy grail foundations. It's got a beautiful natural finish. A beautiful and buildable medium coverage that I can buff into the skin to even out the tone before going in with some spot concealing to cover up some PIHP. Lasts well on my with a light dusting of powder. Probably one of the most photogenic foundations I've ever used as well.

on 11/30/2016 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

My favorite foundation. Works well with my hard to match skin tone. Easily bendable, smooth finish. Gives a natural finish - not too dewy, not too matte. Just right. I use this in 7.5 and use the real techniques blender.

on 11/20/2016 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I tried this foundation yesterday for a night out and its extremely full coverage. It held up throughout a night of dancing and drinking and still looked good when I got home. The only reason I wouldn't buy this again is because of the color range. The closest color I could find to match my skin tone was 7.5 (I'm NC40 in MAC) and it looked a little orange when I put it on. Also, I believe there is a gray tint to it. When I asked my daughter if the color matched me, she responded by telling me it looked gray. Then, when I saw the pictures from the night I wore this foundation, I understood what she was talking about. While everyone else's faces looked bright, mine had a dull, gray tint to it. For this reason, although this is a great foundation, I will not be buying it again unless they come out with a wider selection of colors.

I personally think (but you may disagree) this is like a thinner version of lancome teint idole ultra foundation. It has that same silky satin matte finish. I used this years ago in the shade 6 but haven't repurchased due to the cost (I remembered I paid $90 AUD but I think it's now $95) and it didn't completely blow my socks off.

on 11/11/2016 11:58:00 AM

I went to the makeup counter and the lady colour matched 4.25 to my skin colour and gave me a sample to try at home. I have just finished a Chanel foundation which is good but wanted to test the market. I love this foundation it gives medium coverage without been cakey and immediately my skin looked glowing with no imperfections, I didn't even need any powder. I really like this foundation and wont be trying out any others, Iam definitely going to purchase this foundation, although its pricey it is worth every penny to have my skin looking so good 👍🏻

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I really do not understand the hype surrounding this product, it is ok at best. It barely offers any coverage at all, it is sooooo light. Even when I tried building it up I could still see my skin underneath. I felt like I had nothing on. I understand that some people like the natural look which is fine, to each their own but If I'm shelling out $64 plus tax I expect more from the product. I'm not stingy at all with money when it comes to a quality product either but 64 is pricey for a foundation that really should be sold as a tinted moisturizer. Overall, It's not terrible but I would not recommend if you are looking for flawless coverage.

Really wanted to love this as it has such a hype but it doesn't last on my skin!! I don't even have oily skin either, a couple hours after applying it seems to have disappeared even though I set it with a powder. Also I find you have to use loads to get a decent coverage, really dissapointed especially as it's £37 I'll be switching back to Estée Lauder double wear

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

It took me a looong time to figure out My color is 6.0 mixed with 5.75 looks even better. I am on the fence about buying two foundations as I plan to also purchase a custom blended foundation from a online company. For the very end of summer if I have a lot of color( tan), I can add a tiny droplet of shade 7.0 to 6.0 and it looks very nice and natural. Which matches pretty well. Its very luminous and dewy, but powder application can be tricky- shade match has no rhyme or reason to it. Im a Nc 42ish* in MAC , golden natural in BB, and nude in Becca/ olive in Becca during the late summer. Also stromboli in Nars illuminating long wear. To me this still has some red to it,after it drys down which js not good as i am a golden medium deep.Will probably purchase shades 6.0 and 5.75 this foundation is well made and looks good on me in direct sunlight as well as photos and holds up well in a regular day of errands and work activities.