Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.2

on 1/1/2018 9:49:00 PM

I have combi skin (oily at T zones and dry at the rest, especially at the inner corners of my eyes and the corners and underneath my nose). It’s also sensitive and easy to break out if the foundation is as cakey as the Kat Von D one. Also have pretty dark freckles. So usually when I look for a foundation I’d lean towards the higher coverage ones since I have the freckles AND the red spots from my dry skin to cover. Foundations with high coverage that don’t automatically break me out are usually considered a bonus, not a necessity (it’s that hard to find cos sensitive skin). This foundation is currently my HG. I have had it with me since the launch came out on Sept 17. I’ve used it in both humid and hot countries (SG) and in the cold (Japan). It works really well for both. I rarely wear makeup because I’m the kind who doesn’t wear any to work or school, only when I travel or when I go out. So when I do wear makeup, it’s usually on me for at least 8-12 hours. So to me, this is by far the BEST foundation yet (have yet to get my hands on the Huda Beauty one). To summarise: 1) Lasting power is AMAZING. Lasts super long in both hot weather (you’d probably have to blot a bit in the middle of the day if you have really oily skin as with most foundations, but nth rly major. It doesn’t even move like the KVD one. It just sort of.. fades off.) And in cold weather, it doesn’t cake up in my dry areas. With the power of the Laura Mercier LTP, the dry areas stay satin like in cold weather throughout the whole time I’m out (unless I’m having the flu and constantly need to blow my nose) 2) Colour and payoff is A+!!!! Upon getting this, you might want to try going to Sephora bare faced and trying the foundation right then and there and giving it 15 mins to settle and oxidise because it does turn a bit darker (not too much for the lighter shades like me but I heard the darker shades can take quite a turn) so for accuracy’s sake, do not I repeat DO NOT just swatch in on your arm and expect the colour to completely match your face. The coverage is high, everyone wasn’t kidding about that. A bit goes a long way if you have smooth skin with nothing much to cover. So far, I have cut down the amount of concealer I use because the coverage is so high it actually helps to cover my dark eyes as well. It is buildable as well, and does not cake up when you do. Dries down really fast to a sort of satin-like matte finish. I use a beauty blender because I feel like there is the risk of it being streaky if you don’t blend fast enough with a brush. I am in the shade 230. 3) I don’t know if it’s just me, but I feel like this makes my other powder makeup last wayyyyyy longer than they usually do. And it goes great with both thicker (shape tape) and more watery (UD Naked) concealers. So it’s really versatile in this sense for such a high coverage foundation because usually foundations with high coverage like this might not allow you to pile on the thicker concealers. You will only need powder to set the areas you put concealer on, the rest will not budge even without powder. 4) Price point, it’s really worth it. A bottle is probably going to last you for a really, really long time.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I have normal skin, I found that the formula blended out nicely and offered medium coverage that felt very light almost undetectable on touch, as it says in the description. It is very matte, which I like the look of, and throughout the the day my skin seems to get drier but nothing intolerable. It is long lasting.

I had trouble finding the right shade. This does dry down darker at first. I am NC25-30.

210: good match, ever so slightly peach, but best out of the bunch.
220: very strong peach tones, looked orange
230: slightly too cool-toned (pink) on me
240: best undertone, yellow with no peach, but dries too deep, seems NC35-40

The shades don't seem to go from light to dark as the numbers went from lower to higher, I would rank the ones I tried from LIGHTEST to DARKEST like this: 230, 210, 240, 220

I tried samples of them all and purchased 210 but I ended up returning it because I could get a better match from other brands and the formula wasn't the best for this time of year. I could see myself being happy with 240 in the summer with a tan, and when my skin is oilier.

on 12/31/2017 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This foundation was so hyped I had to buy it. I did not get to test the shade and took a lucky guess- luckily it worked out OK for me. I am a shade 260 neutral which works well on my Asian skin tone. It blends well, oxidise to your skin tone which is good. Does not make me look too yellow or pink toned, which many foundations do. However, although many say this is a heavy coverage and very drying I did not find that. But my skin is quite oily. It is a medium to thick coverage but there are definitely many other foundations out there in thicker consistency/coverage such as MAC, Huda Beauty and Doublewear. The shade range is good. I don't think I will buy it again however- it is a good foundation but does not have anything unique/significant about it that other brands cannot do for me. If you want to try a new brand with a good shade range however, then I recommend it.

on 12/26/2017 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I wear shade 330. I've also worn/wear Becca Bamboo, and NARS Tahoe.

It took me some trial and tribulation to like this foundation. First off STAY AWAY if you have any dryness, this will cling to dry patches like a dog on a steak. Though I would think that anyone with dry skin would stay away from anything that says matte? In my case, I don't have dry skin but get occasional flakiness from exfoliation/retin-a. This foundation was NOT my friend during those times. I also noticed this patchiness when using a brush, but I typically prefer my fingers or a sponge. I guess it wants a VERY smooth and moisturized face to behave correctly. The Fenty primer works OK with this, but I had better success with Becca's primers.

When it *does* work, it looks FLAWLESS. Because it's so finicky though I'm on the fence about repurchasing, though I'll use up the bottle I have.

on 12/26/2017 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I was super impressed by this foundation, it looked natural and lasted all day. I love a matte finish, but with dry skin it can be almost impossible to find one that doesn’t cling to dry patches. I would definitely purchase the full size of this one!

on 12/23/2017 12:30:00 PM

This is my all time favorite foundation! I love how this feels and it is so full coverage to be a liquid! It gives me a flawless finish and tends to set itself!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My first high-end foundation! Loved it in the beginning because of the finish it gave: soft-matte that does not look cakey or fake — almost like your skin but better. The problem only arose when i looked at my skin under a bright studio light. I realized that parts of my cheek area had oxidised and it looked like i didn’t blend my foundation properly. Initially, i thought it was through my own faults that it oxidised in that manner. However, even after trying to moisturise and take my time to properly blend in the foundation, the same problem still occurred. That’s when i realised that this foundation clings onto my dry patches and oxidises.

It’s a real bummer that it happened! If you have dry patches, i would say to avoid this! It’ll definitely be your holy grail if you have oily skin — especially with its longevity and how it does not transfer. Additionally, it’s great for people with sensitive skin because it did not break me out, aggravate my skin or cause clogged pores.

on 12/22/2017 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Before applying this foundation, I made sure to shake it very well, and I also followed someone's advice of dotting most of it on the center of your face, then working it /dragging it out on the rest of your face. It wasn't cakey at all like others had said so I assume shaking the bottle and the application technique helped. I have big pores on my cheeks, and I felt like it definitely blurred out my pores, I mean you can still see them, but it's definitely minimized. I also noticed that the foundation LOOKS MOST AMAZING in pictures!! Holy crap, it was like a filter on my face! (So I guess the name is suitable for it). The color was good, it definitely oxidized a little bit. Oh and you gotta work pretty quick with it: it was liquidy but dries pretty quick! Like my face is def very matte, so make sure to moisturize the hell out of your face beforehand lol.

And you're probably wondering, if it is amazing, then why am I giving it 3 stars? Well... my face is sensitive and every foundation (Born This Way, Estee Lauder Double Wear, Kat Von D, etc) breaks me out, like they all make my face itchy too. This foundation DEFINITELY BROKE ME OUT! It was fine in the beginning and throughout the day my face started to feel itchy :( When I took it off at the end of the night, I got little zits on my face, and one on my nose (usually dont even get zits on my nose). Before applying it, I already had like 2 other zits on my face, and they were more irritated, and they got painful after wearing this foundation! My face was all red :( I'm so sad this didn't work for me, so I guess if you don't have sensitive/acne prone face, it'll be good for you. I guess I'll be going back to my Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation (the only foundation that doesn't break me out).

on 12/22/2017 6:58:00 AM

I bought this foundation based on reviews I had read. The pump is nice, dispenses the right amount of product. But the look of this is very flat, and can age you. It honestly looked like I was wearing an old type foundation from the sixties! Not for anyone with dry skin. Unless you are looking for maximum coverage and a mask-like finish, stay away from this!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Perfection! !

I love the consistency (very liquid)... coverage....and mostly how it sets to a your skin but better finish that lasts all day (I use my Becca Backlight Primer for added dimension and a slight glow)... and set the Tzpne with LM Translucent Powder.

If you prefer a glowy/dripped in dewiness look ..then this isn't for you. But if you prefer a velvet matte with lasting power...then def give this one a go.

One caveat...it does oxidise slightly upon application ...so go one shade lighter if possible (ie...310 looked perfect on my nc42 skintone upon application...but dried a little orange.....so 300 turned out to be my perfect shade..despite looking lighter to start with).