Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation
Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.2

on 11/16/2017 2:24:00 AM

I have very yellow, slightly olive undertones, purchased in 290 which is marketed as the olive/neutral shade.

Unfortunately this is not an olive or yellow toned shade. Oxidizes and dries down a lot more orange and darker than it looks out of the bottle. The orange/tan shade will come through after a few minutes and it is no longer olive or neutral yellow toned. I now mix it with a lighter shade (130, also tried 140 and both work) to counteract the mismatch & also because I'm paler in the winter.

Dries down very fast, you need to work quickly. This is for oily or regular skin, would not recommend for dry skin. The finish is matte, with a slightly powdery feel, it's a "dry" foundation if that makes sense. Coverage is light-medium. Staying power is average - same as most other foundations.

For coverage it will not cut it if you have redness or blemishes. I have mild redness on my cheeks and usually an active blemish or two as well as some dark spots from acne around my jawline. I'm used to going over the blemishes/scarring with concealer but I find this foundation doesn't cover even the slightest redness or even out my skintone on its own.

For dry skin avoid! I found on days my skin was drier this aged me dramatically and it actually feels dry as well.

I've used numerous other foundations both high and low end and taking into consideration both the price and the condition of my skin (being combo), this is ok.

Obviously it'll be better if you have normal or "good" skin to begin with. If you have combo skin or generally deal with problems like dry areas/blemishes/redness etc there's better products out there for comparable prices.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Price , packaging, product all amazing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I could buy a car for what I have spent on foundations. I have horrid dermatitis and flakes the size of quarters. I use the new Water Double Wear as my first layer and this as my top. Perfect. I like the packaging and the color choices are plentiful. I use a sponge and my pores seem to disappear. Shocked how much this worked for me

on 11/8/2017 10:51:00 AM

This foundation dries so quickly on the face and is so hard to blend evenly. The finish is very cakey and my pores are enlarged. My skin feels dry and tight after application. There are many drug store brands that do much better foundation than Fenty Beauty. I am disappointed. Maybe it will work if you have extremely oily skin. I have normal skin.

on 11/4/2017 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This is a flawless foundation. I have used it several times since its release and 430 is my perfect shade. I am NW45 in MAC for reference. I use this with my beauty blender and it has a light flowery scent that does not really go away even thought it isn’t heavy. I started with a light layer then went in with another layer because listen, I am not here for the light look, if I am going to put on makeup I want to look made up. The second layer was perfection, oh! Then I drew the angel on my face in concealer (Estée Lauder double wear in 5N) and powdered with Too Faced Born This Way loose powder. Love that foundation look when you powder! I am oily as hell so I baked my nose with it and my foundation lasted through my date which was outside in a park. I didn’t have to touch anything up. Removal is very easy with an oil cleanser. This will certainly be in my foundation arsenal for years to come. I support RiRi and the inclusivity of this line. Will certainly repurchase again and again.

on 11/3/2017 4:12:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Got a sample of this at Sephora but I'm going to pass - I'm oily to begin with and this made me even more oily. I didn't find the coverage to be to my liking (I prefer urban decay all nighter, studio fix by MAC) even though this is supposed to be medium to full coverage. For something "high-end and pricey" I expect better

on 11/3/2017 3:46:00 PM

I'm Chinese and finding foundation for my skin color is very hard. My forehead is a bit tanner than the rest of my face bc it's flat. I'm not being racist, I'm being serious lol

I was so excited for this foundation because I like medium-high coverage foundation because I had small red bumps on my cheeks. Other than that my skin is pretty good. A few breakouts here and there.

But with this foundation, it created a lot of creasing and dryness on my face. Typically, my skin type is normal. This foundation created the illusion of large pores on my face (which has never happened before with different foundations). I get really oily with this foundation too. I find myself blotting my face constantly.The way that it applied on my skin made me my self esteem go down because it just looked weird and disgusting.

I really wanted to love this product, I even bought the primer with it. But I guess if you have dry/normal skin then this wouldn't be the one for you. The color match was perfect, the packaging was nice, and everything about this foundation is great, but it's just not for me

Not a big fan of this foundation. I was excited because I have a difficult to match skin colour... I'm fair but with slightly yellow/neutral undertones.Foundations always seems to be too pink or too neutral for me. The colour was a perfect match but then it darkened two shades and started to show pink/orange undertones. NOT COOL!

It dried very quickly and isn't very buildable.If you try to build on it, it gets cakey and weird. It also emphasized my pores and lines.

It isn't a bad foundation. But for the price, I expected it to be comparable to other similarly priced brands. My last foundation was Too Faced and the colour matched perfectly and didn't darken but the coverage wasn't full enough for me. This is full coverage which is nice, but I didn't like the formula. I wish NARS wasn't so expensive because that's been the best foundation for me so far.

on 11/3/2017 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I was really sceptical about trying this foundation, and I didn’t want to get my hopes up. I have extremely oily skin and acne with scarring (darker scars and “craters”). My pores aren’t horrible, but can become exaggerated depending on which foundation I use. This foundation is possibly the best foundation that I’ve tried for oily skin! I would say that it had a light to medium coverage. It dries very fast so you have to work quickly. You can layer it if you want a more full coverage, but it’s a bit difficult however it can be achieved. It fills in my “crater” scars from acne, and my pores which is lovely because of my textured skin. It creates a significantly smoother appearance. This foundation did not oxidise on me (most foundations don’t). I have fair skin, and purchased the lightest shade (100) which is actually too light, so I’ll be purchasing the shade 110 when it comes back into stock. DO NOT buy this foundation without swatching it in store first. Sephora matched me to the shade 120, which ended up being ridiculously yellow when I swatched it in store. My only criticism is that it has an unpleasant play dough scent which makes me feel nauseous. The scent lingers, even after hours of wear but it isn’t as intense as initial application. You probably won’t enjoy it if you’re sensitive to scent. I would only recommend this foundation to people with oily or normal/combination skin. If you have dry skin, stay away from this foundation because it is extremely matte.

on 11/2/2017 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm quite impressed with this stuff.

The shade range is of course amazing. As an extremely pale person (Mac NW10), I struggle to find a shade pale enough to compliment my skin. The shade 100 is perfect for me, one of the palest shade I've been able to find yet.

Although the formula is very wet and will run on your hand, it dries quickly, so the best plan is to work in small sections. I work on my face in four main areas (each cheek, forehead, and chin), and fully blend foundation onto one area before moving to the next.

With a light layer (I prefer my natural skin to show through a bit), my skin looked naturally flawless and had a decent glow. The formula is flexible in that you can have lighter, natural looks like mine or build up the product for higher coverage and more glamorous events.

Overall, my skin looked stunning with just a light layer. I haven't been this impressed by a new foundation in a long time. I haven't had any issues with longevity. Since it dries down to a powdery soft and thin finish, it was able to stay on longer and wear off more evenly.

Overall, I'm quite happy, I'll probably buy it again.