Dove Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Palmitate, Water, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Oxide, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Titanium Dioxide

I love love love love love all Dove soap bar products! I've been using Dove soap bars probably ever since I was put on this earth. I've used all the different varieties of this soap, & this is definitely one of my favorites (along with the unscented one). This never leaves my skin feeling tight or dry, never leaves any residue, leaves my skin soft, never causes breakouts (gentle on sensitive skin), lasts forever, & is pretty cheap for such great quality. I will buy these soap bars forever. I never trust anything else on my skin, especially my face. This is amazing. I'm forever, a lifetime customer for Dove.

on 3/10/2012 9:33:00 PM

I bought this to see what all the fuss is about. I've got combination/spot-prone skin that can be sensitive. Was hesitating to use this bar of soap on my face but I did anyway due to all the great reviews, major mistake. Made my skin dry and tight. Clogged my pores which led to more painful breakouts.
I'd bought a two-pack and didn't want to waste it so instead of my face I used it on my body. Didn't feel any 'moisturising' properties at all, infact it felt like I was just using any ol' bar of soap. Also the bar melts down in water pretty quickly so doesn't last very long either and I had to go over everything 2-3 times as it didn't feel like it cleaned properly either.

I wont be buying again and I wouldn't reccommend. BUT they are pretty cheap and available practically anywhere so I've given it two lippies.

on 3/1/2012 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is the only cleanser I use on my face. Keeps it balanced, gets it clean, and absolutely no adverse reactions. When I started using this last summer I stopped breaking out. Dirt cheap, and the most effective cleanser I've ever used. All my friends use it now. Will always purchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this after reading some success stories from people who used this on their face to get rid of acne. I always thought that bar soap was horrible for your face because it is way too drying and can actually make you break out more. I should have listened. My face felt dry and tight and my acne just got worse. I don't mind this soap on the rest of my body though. It cleans really well and doesn't leave any residue like most soaps and you can't beat the price. I only paid $2.00 for a bar and it lasts a long time. I would repurchase this when I'm a little short on funds and can't afford my regular body wash.

on 1/10/2012 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

the only soap i've ever used that is gentle enough to not upset the ph balance of a certain area, all other soaps are too harsh (irish spring, you smell so good, but you do not belong in my shower).

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I'm a skin care therapist and I've used all kinds of facial cleansers, from high end to low end and I'm absolutely thrilled that I won't be spending 40 dollars ever again for a facial cleanser that won't work. I suffered acne from a very young age all through my early 20's. We've always said that bars are harsh on the skin of the face since it's high on alkaline, and this is true, but this bar has cleared my skin 95%
It is quite drying so a great oil free moisturiser for acne prone skin is ideal to solve the tightness it leaves you, but all in all, I would suffer momentary tightness than acne any day.

on 11/9/2011 5:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I find this soap very moisturising and non irritating on my sensitive skin. It works well to remove makeup, but I find that after a few days of continuous use I start to get a few small spots on my forehead and cheeks. Shame as this is a very gentle cleanser otherwise!

on 11/5/2011 12:43:00 PM

You are always hearing that you should never use bar soap on your face. Well in my case, i can tell you this is WRONG! I have oily, acne prone skin and i have used proactive, murad, clinique, and everything in the drugstore for acne!!!! I learned here on MUA about this little gem, and haven't looked back!! I use this with my olay spin brush thingy, and it has drastically reduced my blemishes, pretty much removed all the flakes, and just leaves my skin smooth and bright. I LOVE IT!! Will continue to use FOREVA!

on 11/15/2011 9:00:00 PM

I have been using this soap ever since I can remember. Even when I was a baby, my mother used this on my skin. It is very moisturizing and great for fair, sensitive skin. When you get out of the shower, your skin just feels so soft and fresh. I also use this as a cleanser on my face because it helps with acne. It seriously gets rid of acne better than those high-end acne products do! So if you have a problem with acne, definitely give this a try. You won't regret it! Overall, this soap is great for the body and the face. I love it and will always keep using it.

on 12/29/2011 8:52:00 PM

Um.... I used this for skin... Bad choice. I know this wasn't supposed to be used for skin but the glowing reviews told me otherwise! I started breaking out on my forehead! I usually don't get many pimples, maybe because my cleanser was good, maybe because of the environment I live in; anyhow, I know this definetly broke me out. This sucks because I really wanted to like this product! However, this soap does moisturize my skin which I guess is supposed to be it's job. It does an average job. Please don't use this for facial use! It won't do any good! Just invest in a good cleanser, I recommend Pink Grapefruit Cleanser by Neutrogena.

Basically, yes this does it's job, but don't use it for your face despite the reviews. It washes your body, period. That's it.