Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10 Zinc 1

Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10   Zinc 1
The Ordinary Niacinamide 10   Zinc 1

3.4

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Well, where do I start? I've been using this product for about 2 months now, alongside Alpha Arbutin and my skin...wow! I'd seen all the rave reviews so thought I'd give it a go - with the price, you've got nothing to lose plus at the time of ordering, I was getting a breakout about every other day. Since using, I've honestly had maybe 2 or 3 which for me is incredible. It is unscented and lightweight. I use it AM and PM and it's absolutely fine under foundation, I feel it actually gives me a dewy glow. When wearing, it feels like it sets as a protective layer over your skin to deflect dirt...I mean I don't know how it does it but it really works!! Cannot recommend enough! I have since purchased a number of The Ordinary products based on this stuff. TRY IT!

on 3/16/2017 11:10:00 PM

This product has become a favourite in my skin care routine! I have acne prone/congested skin and after using this for about a month, I noticed I get less break outs, and my acne scars have become less visible. It's so cheap too and a little bit goes a long way. Just be careful not to use too much or your skin will dry up. I can't recommend this product enough!

on 3/14/2017 9:48:00 AM

I'm not sure this did anything good, but it also didn't do anything bad. It's an easily absorbed clear serum that focuses on adding Niacinamide and Zinc to your skin, which are good for overall skin health and clarity. Full disclosure, I am wary of Niacinamide since it's Vitamin B3 and I have an *extreme* reaction to anything containing Panthenol (B5), but this didn't break me out at all. So that's good. I have had success with ingesting Zinc, too, which is why I was interested in this serum. I'm focusing on refining skin texture and reducing the look of my pores right now and this didn't do anything for those issues. I will say that it is a pretty good mattifier, and every serum I've tried from this brand could almost stand alone as a moisturizer for my oily yet dehydrated skin.

The Ordinary warns not to use this in conjuction with Vitamin C products (niacinamide affects the integrity of Vit C, according to their site). Just FYI.

Obviously, your mileage may vary. There is a very simple ingredient list and I say give this product a try if you're intrigued. You're only down $5.90 if you don't like it. If you have a reaction to this serum, you might want to look into whether or not it's a Vitamin B thing. Once I figured out my skin hates Panthenol, I have **completely** eliminated my acne.

Ingredients

on 3/13/2017 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

It did not do anything for me. I used for 3 months and could not see any difference. It has a wonderful texture and it served as a primer for my dry skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Used half the bottle and noticed ZERO change in skin. I don't care if it's cheap, it didn't work for me.

My skin: light, some pigmentation issues, dry, sensitive, prone to redness.

How is it possible that niacinamide did nothing?? I've used several products with niacinamide that have all been more effective.

Disappointing.

on 3/14/2017 11:27:00 AM

I love this product! I have a mix of minimal cystic acne, small whiteheads, and blackheads. I don't think this product helps with the blackheads or cysts, but it does an amazing job at healing recently popped pimples. It calms down the redness and inflammation. If you tend to go on picking rampages you need this! Normally I would look crazy with red spots the next but this stops that. This has also helped reduced hyper pigmentation left by old cysts. All in all I love this and will definitely repurchase!

on 2/26/2017 5:49:00 PM

So incredibly sad this did not work for me. I saw an article on gurl.com listing different things to use for uneven skin texture. This is my main problem after having loads of painful, horrible breakouts last year from taking fish oil. I do get some breakouts but nothing crazy, so what I really wanted to combat was the pitting/scarring I have. I'd never heard of this ingredient before, but the article said it was supposedly magic if you give it some time. Now, the website says it's more for oily skin and reducing the appearance of blemishes. But, I figured I would buy it and see what happens because it's literally $6. With shipping I may paid $11 total. Worth it to me if it worked on my skin. Also, my skin is not very oily, it's normal really in that sense. Used to be oily but it's dried up now. Usually normal, sometimes dry but nothing crazy. I bought this in December and have used it almost every day & night and have a little less than half left. I don't mind the bottle/dropper, I like the simplicity of the design and the dropper controls how much you're using. I would dispense about 3-4 drops and mostly use this on my cheeks/chin area where I have the issues. Sometimes I would put on my temples and forehead if I had any left. Almost 3 months later, I can say I see no change. Still got break outs, still have visible pores and the texture. I'm disappointed, yes, but am glad I didn't spend a whole lot on this and was able to try it out. Plus, the website description of it was way different than what the article I read was saying it was for. I have since bought a mandelic acid toner and serum from MUAC that has great reviews and am hopefully this will work for me. I think i'll keep the rest of this in my cabinet to apply to a breakout if I get one and see if it does me any good. If not, i'll toss. All in all, I think the ordinary seems like a great brand and if the mandelic acid doesn't work for me, I may go back to them and try the lactic acid.

on 3/2/2017 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Form: Simple bottle, dropper is hygienic. Bottle mouth is wide enough that when you are getting to the bottom you can shake it out into your hand. Glass is recyclable, and bottle is re-usable if you get some goo-gone and take the label off. I know other people don't like the "lack of luxury" but I think the simplicity of the packaging fits well with my spare bathroom decor!

Function: Seems to absorb quickly. Zinc and Niacinamide are both proven skin-improvers and the formula contains only exactly what it needs to. No fragrance or colour or fillers. I usually use 1 - 2 drops and apply over my whole face. I do apply even to the under-eye area. No tingling or burning.

Downsides: It dries pretty quickly but leaves kind of a sheen. I usually use Urban Decay's De-Slick spray in the mornings and then top it off with an oil free primer. Usually sorts out the shiny-ness from this.

Bottom line: I would buy this again. I feel like Zinc (oral form) does a lot for my skin and I'd honestly rather apply it than take it in (too much can give you a copper deficiency) even if its less absorption. This stuff doesn't make me break out, noticeably clog my pores or get in the way of my busy life.

Also, although I started to use this and The Ordinary 10% LA + HA at the same time, so I can't say for sure, people have mentioned a noticeable improvement in my skin! So there is that!

I would recommend, and it is totally worth trying. I have repurchased it!

This has significantly affected the clarity, tone, and congestion in my skin. It's done wonders for combatting redness and post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation. I experience fewer clogged pores when I use this in conjunction with my P50 exfoliators. And the price can't be beat. The only thing I don't love is the apothecary-style dropper packaging, but it's not a deal breaker.